Club captains formally announced

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m all for it. I’m happy with the direction the club is heading into. We are setting a good tone, all positive signs heading into the right direction. Now, we just need to win some games, also looking forward to discovering the new Bulldogs identify.

giving these young players some leadership roles is great, it’s a career and development opportunity.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all laughed at Wests with their 5 captains… now the joke is on us lol.

Bit surprised by Burton and Mahoney being the onfield captains. Would have been sure he’d pick RFM, but I guess he does have the top job being club captain.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
6 players :p I’d rather a captain and vice captain. When half the team is in leadership rolls it’s blurs the line.

Imagine James graham being 1 of 6. How can he explode and tell a player off if they part of the “leadership” too :p

BulldogsMate

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Best of luck to all players selected in leadership roles! I am excited for our future.

Reactions: TAS

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm ok with this, 2 blokes in or near the middle and not all the pressure on Burto alone
Plus it may change next year.

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read it and I was thinking awesome RFM as captain and then kept reading and got more confused :laughing: not surprised with Burton as captain, definitely a leader!!

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a bit confused with this, do mahoney and burto take a back seat every day other than game day? they obviously all lead but is ray the main voice?

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all laughed at Wests with their 5 captains… now the joke is on us lol.

Bit surprised by Burton and Mahoney being the onfield captains. Would have been sure he’d pick RFM, but I guess he does have the top job being club captain.
Not surprised one bit. When NSW lost yet another origin series to Qld, as part of the post mortem Gus said the captain needs to be a player always getting his hands on the ball and should be in the spine.

bulldogruss

est.1980
Reaction score
I feel RFM absolutely right for club captain, very happy with that choice.

Don’t mind Mahoney & Burto making the on field calls.

For the other guys it will be business as usual, and just helping to drive the standards and positivity at training and in the game.