Cleeland making his debut ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
To be honest, when Frawley played 1st grade this year stuff happened. Some good, some bad but he is an event magnet. He set up some tries, scored a couple and let a few in.

But at least shit happened.

Better than our last performance where NOTHING happened for us and we were clueless.

Half a clue is better than none.
True but if Frawley >> Cleeland, then Cleeland is on par or worse than JMK.

Cleeland disappointed even in the trials whereas JMK stood up and that's what got him noticed.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's just trying to find his way in FG at the moment like most young players. How long did it take Blake Green to fire up? Keary? Townsend? and so on. The kid isn't even a lock in the 17 and so he will do what his coach wants and that is tackle, tackle, tackle. If we get to round 10 and he isn't starting to run a little bit more then OK off to the gallows with him and bring on the next one but we have to give these kids a fair go.
I thought there was an opportunity to show better game awareness and the right option was not taken .. that's not to say it wont develop, but we don't need another game manager in the team, we need an attacking option to partner Foran

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
..I prefer Frawley but every time he does something good, he’s gotta go and fuck it up by doing something useless, like dropping a sitter and he’s lateral movement is almost as bad as Forans..that’s why players step him so easy. There is a decent footy player in him somewhere but not sure if he’s ever gonna make it.

Robert61

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The bulldogs page on Facebook posted a article about josh Cleeland saying he’s ready for his debut, also interviewing the nsw cup coach saying it’s just a matter of time, just wondering why out of nowhere they would post this article up ? Pay giving him a shot next week ?
I read same article and thought the same thing. Is Cleeland about to enter first grade?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They tried Frawley and he was less than good. They tried JMK and he wasnt much better.
I think it is now time to give Cleeland a go.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Change half our spine very clever! Replace Lichaaa who makes 30+ tackles a game with a rookie who started his career in lower grades as a fullback and half. With our lazy forwards instead of being beaten by 20 we’ll get flogged by 40 with both Cleeland & JMK as half/hooker. You don’t for change sake, you change for better & we don’t have better right now! We get it you don’t like Lichaa. There are 4-5 others in the side right now that are putrid & should be dropped before Lichaa.
What’s he offering in attack (lichaa)
The spine is working as it is now isn’t it
Unless you’ve just come back from holidays we are 1 from 5
In my opinion jmk is a better defender than lichaa anyway
You can’t tell me he can’t rack up 30 tackles at hooker when he racked up 20 at 5:8 the other week with ease.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I would roll the dice with someone else and put JMK on the bench.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The bulldogs page on Facebook posted a article about josh Cleeland saying he’s ready for his debut, also interviewing the nsw cup coach saying it’s just a matter of time, just wondering why out of nowhere they would post this article up ? Pay giving him a shot next week ?
I was hoping you were right.

pugsley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Just watched the ISP match not once did Cleeland pass the ball to his center or fullback or wing
So I’m glad they stuck with JMK as he is a better defender and gives the same in attack

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just watched the ISP match not once did Cleeland pass the ball to his center or fullback or wing
So I’m glad they stuck with JMK as he is a better defender and gives the same in attack
Spot on hes not standing out in isp and went missing in the finals he’d struggle in first grade

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't usually comment of isp players and who should get picked because I rarely get the chance to watch them, but having the chance last week ( only one game I know) but no one really put there hand up
Francis t and toomaga were very strong, and if got a bench spot fair enough! Lewis had a very good game work wise, got thru a lot of tackles and hit ups for a centre, other than that never looked dangerous with ball in hand and my opinion too small for nrl! The pace of isp is that much slower than nrl it's not funny!
I didn't see anything from the game that made me think wow that guy needs to be playing nrl, and there lies the problem! No one demanding a spot even in a losing nrl team, simple as that

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The only players that deserves a first grade debut at the moment Is To'omaga and Olive. To'omaga is a forward that doesn't give up straight away when running in attack he is solid and makes it hard for the defenders to tackle him also not bad in defense. Theres a couple more players but I reckon they need more time in the Intrust cup.
Neither named in the ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.