clean out needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This may be an over reaction, but i think next year we need to clean out a few of our players.

Elmasri or utai, one has to go you can choose, we cant have two slow small wingers, both are great players but unfortunatly we need some size and speed on flanks.

Tonga:he is diamonds or rocks, we need someone with his attacking ability but someone who can do it on regular basis.

Perry: needs to go, we need some spark off the bench in this position(sullivan should provide this next season)

Roberts: great player but inconsistant and not a half or five eight. Would prefer him as a centre or hooker off bench

shifty: one more season then make way for groom and barbra

Ryan: starting to loose his attacking flair a bit maybe he needs to go after his contract is up.

The point of this thread is that we hang on dead wood too long at times and never make the hard decisions end up with players dragging the chain a bit

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
I agree about the wingers weve got great young wingers like PURE & NANAI who would be great for us but will folkes give em a go probably not maybe he should take leaf out of storm books & promote good young player EG:INGLIS & FALOU. Still dont know why we resigned Hazem, Utai & Bott.
I think next year & definetly year after well see a totally different dogs team we have got some great young talent in the lower grades
BUT THE BIG QUESTION IS WILL FOLKES GIVE THEM A CHANCE.

TONGA-Will probably leave next year
SHERWIN-Same as Tonga
RYAN-? Seems to have lost his attacking ability but makes heaps of tackles
HAZEM-?

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
This may be an over reaction, but i think next year we need to clean out a few of our players.

Elmasri or utai, one has to go you can choose, we cant have two slow small wingers, both are great players but unfortunatly we need some size and speed on flanks.

Tonga:he is diamonds or rocks, we need someone with his attacking ability but someone who can do it on regular basis.

Perry: needs to go, we need some spark off the bench in this position(sullivan should provide this next season)

Roberts: great player but inconsistant and not a half or five eight. Would prefer him as a centre or hooker off bench

Ryan: starting to loose his attacking flair a bit maybe he needs to go after his contract is up.

The point of this thread is that we hang on dead wood too long at times and never make the hard decisions end up with players dragging the chain a bit

Utai wont go, his runs were damaging, he is rusty in defence cuz he was out of it 4 so long, he will get better. Haz has lost pace, he is in danger.

It was only a few weeks ago we were saying Tonga is back to 2004 form, ffs supporters forget str8 away.

Perry hasnt been given a contract. He is going to the ESL.

Roberts is too inconsistent but in reality its like he played his 1st season. He has shown in broken play he is dangerous with that step, but has no kicking game and sometimes hogs the ball.

Shifty will retire after next yr, he will b 30/1 and will b under pressure from Groom so i think he will go to the ESL also.

Bobcat is only a defender these days. Gone r the days were his attack was his main weapon. Reminds me of Nathan Hindmarsh tbh

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
Utai wont go, his runs were damaging, he is rusty in defence cuz he was out of it 4 so long, he will get better. Haz has lost pace, he is in danger.

It was only a few weeks ago we were saying Tonga is back to 2004 form, ffs supporters forget str8 away.

Perry hasnt been given a contract. He is going to the ESL.

Roberts is too inconsistent but in reality its like he played his 1st season. He has shown in broken play he is dangerous with that step, but has no kicking game and sometimes hogs the ball.

Shifty will retire after next yr, he will b 30/1 and will b under pressure from Groom so i think he will go to the ESL also.

Bobcat is only a defender these days. Gone r the days were his attack was his main weapon. Reminds me of Nathan Hindmarsh tbh
True about Ryan, Hansta, covering up in defence for other lazy forwards

bigbird

Kennel Participant
Reaction score

Totally Agree:Elmasri used by date is up (but management resigned him for 2 more years,can't the high ball,return a kick and generally slow.
Tonga:been playing like he doesn;t want to be there since his brother signed with the cowboys:
Millard :simple was a reserve grader,and still is just hopeless.(go back to the Dragons we don't need him).
Roberts :as i Have been saying all year impact off the bench at hooher(thats his position).
Shifty : Tries his heart out ,every now and then used by date october 2008 (thank God for that no more 5 year deals,PLEASE).
Ryan:looks very tired and has seen better days.thank God for Koups and Temarri.
We need frontrowers and speed and size out wide which we has been missing for years.

Mongrel

blue & white since 73
Reaction score
like i said yesterday,why not try and sign a player like luke williamson to clean up the ruck area,but that suggestion got blown away!Too many backrowers allready apperently,doesnt matter how many backrowers you have if none of them aim up!!

sherwinisagun

bulldog member '07
Reaction score
we just need some genuine speed, like a brett stuart type player

BILLYA-BULLDOG

DOGS 4 LIFE
Reaction score
we just need some genuine speed, like a brett stuart type player
True & we need to give good young players a chance not live on past glories look at the storm not afraid to give young players a go
But our 2 major problems are ATTITUDE & NO SPEED AT ALL

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
brian smith -----> bulldogs

Bulldog Power

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we should move bobcat into the middle of the field

he isnt effective outwide anymore and we need his urgency in defence up the middle

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
we dont need brett stewart, im happy with Luke Patten tbh, he is a dogs player through and through. Pretty much one of the greatest doggies players to don the No1 jersey. what we need is 1 speedy wing and 1 speedy centre. FFS Bott get ur defence 2gether cuz ur needed, and mayb winitana or nanai 2 the centres

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
fuccckin mason needs to learn to hold the ball when we have the ball 20 out from scoring.
also fucckkin sbw needs to not take the first hitup and drop the ball.

drop these guys too please
bring in wheatley and morrin when they are back please

bigbird

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think we should move bobcat into the middle of the field

he isnt effective outwide anymore and we need his urgency in defence up the middle
Maybe play Bobcat (Ryan ) at front row,as he is starting to slow up.

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm...

U guys do forget

This has to be one of the worst threads this season and their have been a few to make u cringe

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vision for 2009
1. patten
2.nanai
3. utai (tonga gone utai attack will be better used in the centres and his weakness under the high ball will be more portected in the centres)
4.roberts (ball runner not a half as he can't direct a team around the field)
5. bott
6.barbra
7. groom
13.maitua
12.sonny
11.temari
10.ryan
9.riley brown
8.mason (c)

14. hickey
15. kouparistsas
16. micheal sullivan
17. (buy a top class front rower)

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmmmm...

U guys do forget

This has to be one of the worst threads this season and their have been a few to make u cringe

what do we forget?
and what is wrong with some forward planning in regards to our player roster, i am hoping that we don't end up with another situation such as 2000, when we kept a hold of players who had passed their use by date, yet we were dominating the lower grades.

These players are fine to play this season and next, but after that i think managment and coach will have to make a few tough decisions.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
im not sure if hazem playing with an injury or is he lacking pace as he is getting older? either that... next year could be his last year in the top grade... i cant see him in the top grade in 09

Utai is still rusty after his long layoff with injury but he has proved to us about his inconsistencies in defence

Sherwin played alright last nite but again he is starting to become much more predictable to the opposisiton...

Roberts can have one real good game and than play a crap game the next... i dont know whether he is consistent or not...

Perry... no need to explain...

Cryptic Ghost

Sharmooderator
Reaction score
Mate, Andrew ryan is past his prime..! I think we need a new caPTAIN..!

Status
Not open for further replies.