Classic Peter 'Bullfrog' Moore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
An article in today's DT:
"The two great rugby league administrators of theirs or any other time were Peter Moore and Ken Arthurson, who had a handshake agreement never to pinch each other’s player, which shouldn’t be taken as a sign they were soft.
Bullfrog had a better than average eye, and identified a young Andrew Farrar as ideal for the Bulldogs when he was touring England with the Australian Schoolboys.
Arko watched as other clubs wrestled in on what Bullfrog clearly considered his territory, and backed by cash and pride he took on the other pups until, finally, sanity prevailed and Bullfrog called for a long lunch in several day’s time to ease the hostilities.
It was getting crazy.
All the secretaries pursuing Farrar turned up at the peace sitdown, except one.
By the time they realised Bullfrog wasn’t going to make the dim sims he was stepping off a plane in England and, shortly after, Andrew Farrar became a Canterbury Bulldog
." You got to love Bullfrog. Absolutely legend who make our Club what it is today.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
He is an absolute legend. Pretty sure he did something similar with Steve Price

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
Legend , only got to meet him once , what a man - he would have adored Todd Greenburg

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember reading that he drove one player round in his car for a few hours and told him he wasn't leaving until he signed. I can't recall which player it was though.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember reading that he drove one player round in his car for a few hours and told him he wasn't leaving until he signed. I can't recall which player it was though. QUOTE] Was the player in the passenger seat or the boot of the car? lol

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember reading that he drove one player round in his car for a few hours and told him he wasn't leaving until he signed. I can't recall which player it was though. QUOTE]

Was the player in the passenger seat or the boot of the car? lol
Haha. I don't think it started out as a kidnapping. I believe they had discussed the contract over lunch and the player was in demand and reluctant to sign right then. If they hadn't signed i guess they were going in the boot.

I was never fortunate enough to meet Bullfrog but I'm glad he decided to bestow some of his greatness upon our club. It would have been good if someone had done a biography for him before he passed away. I'm sure he would have had plenty of colorful stories and furthermore it would have been a great insight into the building of our club. Sad really but he will be a someone i tell my kids about when they need to learn the important parts of history.

Captain Kickass

Dirtbag Lifecoach
Reaction score
[FKN-SIK];2682690 said:
He is an absolute legend. Pretty sure he did something similar with Steve Price
If I recall correctly ... the short version is, as Steve was being shown around Brisbane's facilities, his Mum was being 'serenaded' by Bulldogs admin.

Steve came back all excited "Mum, I had a great day. I think I wanna play for the Broncos"

Mum replied "Stephen, you're playing for the Bulldogs"

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If I recall correctly ... the short version is, as Steve was being shown around Brisbane's facilities, his Mum was being 'serenaded' by Bulldogs admin.

Steve came back all excited "Mum, I had a great day. I think I wanna play for the Broncos"

Mum replied "Stephen, you're playing for the Bulldogs"
Mums the word. Somebody send that lady some roses.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
His mate an ex copper Punchy Nelson would have some wonderful stories about the frog

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
hahaha - great moments. I was very fortunate to have had a brief chat with Bullfrog at Belmore in the urinal - both of us having a slash. hahahahaha - what a legend!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now thats what u call a ceo. Looked after out great club with all his power. He very rarely missed his man.

[FKN-SIK]

Gigidy Gigidy
Reaction score
Met him a few times when I was young when he would come to visit my dad. My dad had all the time in the world for him. Wish I was older at the time

oso bad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will go down as the greatest administrator for the Dogs, the is why he is the only legend not to play.
I remember the story of when I think it was Warren Ryan dumped Lamb to reserve grade for the first match of the 1985 season I think and Bulldog matched in a said that Lamb was playing first grade the next game and he got his wish

Status
Not open for further replies.