News Ciraldo needs to have a long, hard look at his attack as Warriors blunt Bulldogs in impressive win

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These musical chairs in the spine have been happening since 2016 and it does absolutely nothing other than halting the progress of the young players

CC is doing the exact wrong thing like the previous coaches

This year it started off with
Perham
Burton
Flanagan
Mahoney

And this should not of changed until the end of the season

Come pre-season at the end of this year and the start of 2024 it will be
Crichton
Burton
Karl
Mahoney

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It’s hard to be too critical of a first year coach. I think it’s a scenario where the coach has to earn the respect of the players, especially the inner sanctum of the playing group while also trying to balance making tough decisions. If he comes in guns blazing then players morale drops and a rift between playing group and coach, most likely ending in coach being sacked. The coach needs his players on board because end of the day he relies on them to keep him in a job.
Seibold at broncos is a great example of this. Players have too many options when they aren’t happy because instead of going back to reserves to earn their jersey back they request a release. This wasn’t a thing back when coaches like Bellamy started where they did take that guns blazing approach.
I think Ciraldo has done well how he’s approached dropping players. He isn’t overreacting, giving them a fair chance before making a decision. You can’t really argue against anyone he has left out of the team from the previous week. He’s playing the long game which is frustrating as a fan but remember last year when Barrett picked 3 different halfbacks in 6 weeks.

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
These musical chairs in the spine have been happening since 2016 and it does absolutely nothing other than halting the progress of the young players

CC is doing the exact wrong thing like the previous coaches

This year it started off with
Perham
Burton
Flanagan
Mahoney

And this should not of changed until the end of the season

Come pre-season at the end of this year and the start of 2024 it will be
Crichton
Burton
Karl
Mahoney
Flanagan does not have a future in the halves at this club. There is 0 care for his development as a half because a) he doesn't have the skillset and b) he won't be our half next year. We're not a real contender for the 8 this year so, if our halves for 2024 are KO and Burton, we might as well give them the opportunity to play together at the top level. We have some good players coming next year and enough off contract that we'll likely be able to plug the holes in our forward pack. We should come charging out of the gates in 2024 and waiting until then for KO and Burton to develop a combination would not be ideal.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not talking up Perham, **** is useless. But changing our FB will not make our forwards better. We are getting rolled through the middle.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanagan does not have a future in the halves at this club. There is 0 care for his development as a half because a) he doesn't have the skillset and b) he won't be our half next year. We're not a real contender for the 8 this year so, if our halves for 2024 are KO and Burton, we might as well give them the opportunity to play together at the top level. We have some good players coming next year and enough off contract that we'll likely be able to plug the holes in our forward pack. We should come charging out of the gates in 2024 and waiting until then for KO and Burton to develop a combination would not be ideal.
Same could be said about Perham for Crichton and Xerri for Averillo

At the end of the day its a results driven business and they're doing it wrong

Eesma

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Same could be said about Perham for Crichton and Xerri for Averillo

At the end of the day its a results driven business and they're doing it wrong
Yes, the same COULD be said if either of them were actually at the club. If they were here, I'd absolutely argue for them to come in to the first grade side.

...but they're not and KO is. XD

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know people got the shits saying we bought too many forwards but our main issues are our forwards. Perham was shit last night but most fullbacks would look shit behind that pack
The side has many problems but I agree. The forwards are the biggest issue. Everything else flows off the lack of go forward in attack and huge PCM they allow in defence.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I know people got the shits saying we bought too many forwards but our main issues are our forwards. Perham was shit last night but most fullbacks would look shit behind that pack
So true

transom

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Not that we’re making the 8, but I’d start now with
1 Kiraz
2. Fox
3 Alamoti
4. Averillo
5. Wilson (id say Skelton but this kid did well)
6. Oloapu
7. Burton

14. Skelton (Reynolds is Reggies)
15. Okunbor

Averillo is tempting for FB, but he’s been going so well at centre it’d just fk with his head thinking Crichton is coming next year to play FB. Let him learn the centre role for a good year.

Kiraz I reckon could do a job, and he’d know he’s gonna be on a wing next year anyway.

NO BONES ABOUT IT THOUGH, our forwards are our real issue!!
I think Braidon Burns would make a good fullback but injured. Played well in the first trial game and in his last 2 games even at centre in those games except the trial where he did a great job.