Religious Discussion Thread

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on you Kelpie, God give you the strength to keep going. This life is very short my friend, you take nothing with you, only your good deeds. If you can touch the heart and soul of just one person in this life then you've done your job. If everyone can just make one other persons life better the world will be a much better place.
Our faith may not be accepted or believed by some, but if there is one thing we can take from our faith it is treating others as we ourselves would like to be treated and uplifting others instead of putting them down.
With all this gender rubbish going around, kids 13/14 wanting a sex change etc. Why not have transgender olimpics, transgender football.
I believe that the media outlets are always loking for more sport content, so why not.
Mind you I believe that transgender people are sick people, but as Bob Hawke once said, "people are entitled to act stupidely if they want to" so maybe people are entitled to be sick if they want to.
That moral high ground is not that high it seems.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's interesting is that there is no mention of the sources used for this 'damning report' - for all we know they could've gone to Joe Blow next door who made the whole thing up and sent it a reporter at The Betoota Advocate. Perfectly credible.
Accusation have to be 100% accurate, I hate nothing more than seen someone been accused of something which is even partley false.
I sure that their has been at some cases which have been totally or partley fabricated, probably due to the money the Church pays out willy nilly.
Not saying that the Munich accusations are false, because that sort of thing has happened in many other places, but I personall know of 2 incidents which were fabricated, actually my wife chaired the jury on one of them, the other I knew the Priest well and often spoke to him.
The problem in our Country has been done and dusted IMO with some priests going to Jail. As for other countries and their Church structure I know very little.
AS for KambalaOne, he reminds me of an employee I once had, he would be a nice bloke most of the time, but once every few weeks (no regular patten) when he gathered with his mates around the table for dinner, he would start a hate sesion against the ethnics and would continue all afternoon. I summed him up as person who stewed up hate against the ethnics and very now and then had to let it loose, a sign of been mentally sick IMO.
KambalaOne might be a person who has similiar problems to my past employee, he takes carefull notice of any anti Catholic news around and when his petty hate has brewed sufficiently inside he has to air it
I know that our Church wouldn't do it, but if it started taking action against people making false accussions it would benifit both the genuine victims (more money fror them) as well as the Church.

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on you Kelpie, God give you the strength to keep going. This life is very short my friend, you take nothing with you, only your good deeds. If you can touch the heart and soul of just one person in this life then you've done your job. If everyone can just make one other persons life better the world will be a much better place.
Our faith may not be accepted or believed by some, but if there is one thing we can take from our faith it is treating others as we ourselves would like to be treated and uplifting others instead of putting them down.
Hi Brother had thought of telling you Assisin and a few others before, OD often has retreats, I havent been for a few years due to covit, but got a call only afew days ago that they are back on, they are well run, met a number of Maronites, even one Muslim there.
Costs about $450 for 3-4 days, I have been to the ones run by the Professor who treated me.
They are held near Sydney, If you or anyone else are interested I'll give you the contact number.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Brother had thought of telling you Assisin and a few others before, OD often has retreats, I havent been for a few years due to covit, but got a call only afew days ago that they are back on, they are well run, met a number of Maronites, even one Muslim there.
Costs about $450 for 3-4 days, I have been to the ones run by the Professor who treated me.
They are held near Sydney, If you or anyone else are interested I'll give you the contact number.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
While You might be correct in current times, the Vatican wasn't intended to be this evil in the begining and I hope to God it returns to it's initial purpose by cleansing of the pedo demon motherfuckers.

Of course it's no where near the level of the poor victims, it's sad that the good honest priests and followers cop the backlash of the evil minority.
Just think about that for a minute. A priest was forced to lie by Church officials to protect the current Pope.

But apparently there's no longer problems in the Church.
NOT COVERING UP FOR BAD EGGS/PRIESTS.
But looking at the problem in the light of day, I believe that it wou;d be impossible to not have some bad eggs in an institution comprising about 1.3 billion people and at least 1 million Priests world wide.
So Mr KambalaOne you can go for it, because you will be able to find more evidence, not that I think you'll be able to solve the problem of paedophile Priests in Australia let alone world wide.
As for the French my guess is that 3.000 would amount to probably no more that 5% of priests, if anything even less considering that in 70 years many new ones would have come in and a fair few would have died.
AS for the German problem I have a lot of faith in them dishing out proper justice.
So Mr KambalaOne I know that you don't have a sickly obsession, but what Country's Priests are you investigating next.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone can have a giggle at this one
Tennessee megachurch pastor is taking a sabbatical to “spend time with God” after he and a married parishioner were caught half-naked by shocked worshippers.
Look. You may find this stuff funny but there's many actual Christians on here.

And I recently found God myself. He was hiding in the closet. Now it's his turn to find me. Don't tell him, but I'm hiding under the bed.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty sure everyone can have a giggle at this one
Tennessee megachurch pastor is taking a sabbatical to “spend time with God” after he and a married parishioner were caught half-naked by shocked worshippers.
I loved his excuse - "A Tennessee megachurch pastor was discovered half-naked with a married co-worker by stunned worshippers - only to claim that they'd innocently been cooking chili, and had stripped down after accidentally spilling it."

These televangelists are the greatest cadre of two-faced, lying, greedy, hypocritical con artists and they con billions out of millions of brain dead retards. This level of grifting is on an industrial scale in the US, but does that surprise anyone? And it'll get out of control here if grifters here like Hillsong have their way.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look. You may find this stuff funny but there's many actual Christians on here.

And I recently found God myself. He was hiding in the closet. Now it's his turn to find me. Don't tell him, but I'm hiding under the bed.
Most athiests just don't believe and don't care about a God and leave it at that.
However sometimes it looks like some athiests just have to continually make jokes about God and treat the believers as a joke.
Could it be that those atheists who do, do so because they are so unsure of themselves, that making jokes is their way of reassuring themselves.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found this on my FB page.
In a shock move the English Cricket Board have announced tennis No1 Novak Djokovic as temporary batting coach.
We acknowledge he dosen't have a background in our sport, but we could not overlook the fact it took Australia 2 weeks to get him out.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most athiests just don't believe and don't care about a God and leave it at that.
However sometimes it looks like some athiests just have to continually make jokes about God and treat the believers as a joke.
Could it be that those atheists who do, do so because they are so unsure of themselves, that making jokes is their way of reassuring themselves.
Perhaps atheists see a government making legislation that will enable religious organisations to discriminate against anyone they deem as unworthy. And that these same institutions suck public money as fast as they can and atheists see this bullshit for what it is and are saying "fark your religion and fark your god" if discrimination is what they teach and embrace.

Any religious organisation that discriminates against someone for their non-belief should be black listed from receiving public funding forever or until they stop discriminating based on belief. And that should include churches, schools, aged care homes, anything run/owned by a religion.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Of course they treat us as a joke, you don’t have to be Einstein to work out it’s an attack on the Christian person when God/Jesus jokes are made. They try to make it a light hearted joke but it’s an attack, plain and simple. Christians are an easy target Kelpie because we turn the other cheek and we’re harmless.

Have you ever wondered why they don’t make Islamic jokes on here? No one on here would dare! Just ask a French person what happened when a Prophet Mohammed cartoon pic was drawn up.

I personally think any jokes directed at any faith whether Christian, Muslim or the Jewish faith is disgusting and should be treated in the same way racial jokes/remarks are dealt with. As far as I’m concerned a joke on someone’s faith is as bad as attacking a person for being of racial color.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course they treat us as a joke, you don’t have to be Einstein to work out it’s an attack on the Christian person when God/Jesus jokes are made. They try to make it a light hearted joke but it’s an attack, plain and simple. Christians are an easy target Kelpie because we turn the other cheek and we’re harmless.

Have you ever wondered why they don’t make Islamic jokes on here? No one on here would dare! Just ask a French person what happened when a Prophet Mohammed cartoon pic was drawn up.

I personally think any jokes directed at any faith whether Christian, Muslim or the Jewish faith is disgusting and should be treated in the same way racial jokes/remarks are dealt with. As far as I’m concerned a joke on someone’s faith is as bad as attacking a person for being of racial color.
So we all cant laugh at megachurch man?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So we all cant laugh at megachurch man?
C’mon man! Laughing at a member of a particular faith for doing something silly is very different to laughing at “God” Himself for playing hide seek in a closet.

I know you’re more intelligent than that to know the difference. Or maybe I’m over estimating you’re intelligence?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
C’mon man! Laughing at a member of a particular faith for doing something silly is very different to laughing at “God” Himself for playing hide seek in a closet.

I know you’re more intelligent than that to know the difference. Or maybe I’m over estimating you’re intelligence?
Wasnt laughing at god himself i was laughing at him,thought its something on the lighter side we can all chuckle on instead of being so serious something to break it up nothing more

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it's any consolation, I also make jokes about nothing

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

To quote NOFX:

"Anything that is your holy or sacred
I'm gonna desecrate and use in jest
But you'll never hear a crack about Mohammad
Cause I don't wanna get shot in the chest"

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wasnt laughing at god himself i was laughing at him,thought its something on the lighter side we can all chuckle on instead of being so serious something to break it up nothing more
Mate, it’s a general statement I made for many subtle attacks about God throughout this whole thread. Obviously some are lighthearted and funny regarding the mega church individuals. But some aren’t.