Religious Discussion Thread

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know what he is trying to say. And it’s an attempt to discredit my faith displaying hypocritical arguments. Picked it from his very first post.
It’s a fair question if I was basing my statement on my faith. But I’m not, it’s my own secular view on abortion and I would have the same view whether I was a Christian or not.

I can answer his question if I wanted but choose not to because I believe it’s not made with good intention but rather an attempt to discredit the Bible.

Would his question be any different if I was someone of no faith?

At the end of the day, it’s a matter of humans killing humans and its where my argument stands at. And we have no right to do that. As for God, well God gives and God takes and the reason behind Gods actions is far beyond our understanding. Sure call it a cop out, but God could of made us to live forever and not even die from natural causes, why didn’t He? I don’t know. But what I do know is that no human has the right to take another humans life. And to me, abortion is the same as killing anyone else.
What happens by some miracle you were thrust back in time and your hitlers mothers dr and you were delivering baby hitler ,with the imformation you knew you wouldnt grab baby hitlers umbilical cord and choke baby hitler out ?or at the very least shake him and give him brain damage so he becomes retard baby hitler and cant commit future atrocities ?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I guess thats where we differ.

To me. I don't ask the question of why. There is no why (justification) killing innocent people (in this case the first born Egyptians)... esp if the being doing/allowing the killing made a commandment saying "thou shall not kill" and has the unlimited power to achieve his goals without killing
Yes, it's where we differ. And I can see from the very first post regarding the first born Egyptians mutating from the topic of abortions to the topic of the existence of God. Very clever from PE Teacher but I wasn't going to fall for it.

I'm sure you Dogna88 are intelligent enough and smart enough to see this argument doesn't need to evolve into an argument of God/or God's existence. Because it could of been a statement made from a non-believer who doesn't base it on religious ground.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
God created the Egyptians, Can a creator stipulate how his creation should live? were the Egyptians honouring their creator? Can a creator choose what he does with his creation?
Under our laws? No.

If you create life in a lab, or a robot, or whatever, and that life becomes sentient and intelligent as a human, then you can't kill it under cruelty laws.

But it also falls back on the abortion thing. If a mother and father conceive a child, is it their right to kill it?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Of course that's going to lead to "mother and father didn't create the child, God did", which leads to "so the child would have existed without the mother and father?", then eventually leads to, "what if the child wasn't created by your God, what if it was created by another God", which leads to "there is no other God" which leads to, "but what if there is"

And this goes on forever. Next argument.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why did they make black forest monte carlos ,when the original is unbeatable?
The Arnott works in mysterious ways...

Or more likely, to remind you to eat the other ones

"hey, we released a new Monte Carlo"

"this is shit, I'm going back to the old ones that I haven't bought for 10 years"

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course that's going to lead to "mother and father didn't create the child, God did", which leads to "so the child would have existed without the mother and father?", then eventually leads to, "what if the child wasn't created by your God, what if it was created by another God", which leads to "there is no other God" which leads to, "but what if there is"

And this goes on forever. Next argument.
Your right, this topic generally just goes round and round.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1 Cor 9.7
But if they can not control themselves,
Its better to marry then burn with passion!

Apostle Paul says it himself.

Men desire sexual intimacy and the bible says get married so you don't burn with passion.

The Catholic Church is foolish not allowing priests to marry, let them be intimate with their wife's so they are not going to work randy.
I agree that if Priests were allowed to marry there would have been less paedophile priests but what about all the married men who are
also paedophiles.
You know when God killed all the first born Egyptians, is that ok?
The old testament was all about the Jews and their strugles, whether true or not I don't know.
The Catholic Church does follow the old testament because it is a forerunner to the Comming of the Messiah, but people are not obliged to believe any of it, I personally have grave doubts about much of it, particularily the stuff about killing animals and sometimes people as an offering to God.
I'm a devout Catholic because of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus, and also his work and teachings while on earth, and for no other reason.

Last edited:

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
God and religion..mmm interesting topic
I agree that if Priests were allowed to marry there would have been less paedophile priests but what about all the married men who are
also paedophiles.
@Caveman Don’t you guys get it..a pedophile is a pedophile..they want sex with children.. If a man is a priest and he is not filth he would be seeking out sex with a consensual adult not a child..The only thing that allowing priests to marry is that pedophiles would find it harder to hide..as people might wonder about a single male…not that being single is wrong it just wouldn’t go as unnoticed..

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On a side note any it crowd fans here, I can't help but think of the episode where Jan dates a bloke called Peter :tearsofjoy:

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
also paedophiles.
The old testament was all about the Jew and their strugles, whether true or not I don't know.
The Catholic Church does follow the old testament because it is a forerunner to the Comming of the Messiah, but people are not obliged to believe any of it.
A lot of pedophile acts do not involve penetratration but are still very traumatic and undeniably disgusting.

These are the acts that I'd assume you'd see less of - but that's an assumption.

There is no denying that pedophilia exists outside of Catholic Priests in fact from memory a large number of sexual abuse acts on minors come from extended family in opertunistic circumstances.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It definitely was not a statement based on my faith. You won't be taking me down a rabbit whole that's for sure.
Abortion is killing, end of. If I made the statement that I base my belief about abortion on my faith then go ahead ask the question.
I too believe that abortion is murder simply because, it involves doing a DELIBERATE ACT to kill the child who is growing inside its mother,
Sure an unborn child needs its mother for ts survival, but what child under 10 would be able to survive in any society without the help of a mature person.
BTW, some ATHIEST PAGAN Politians have recently tried to introduce a law to allow the killing of new born children if the parent/parents decided that it was of the wrong sex.
BTW who argued against that bill.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I too believe that abortion is murder simply because, it involves doing a DELIBERATE ACT to kill the child who is growing inside its mother,
Sure an unborn child needs its mother for ts survival, but what child under 10 would be able to survive in any society without the help of a mature person.
BTW, some ATHIEST PAGAN Politians have recently tried to introduce a law to allow the killing of new born children if the parent/parents decided that it was of the wrong sex.
BTW who argued against that bill.
Wait... Someone argued to kill new born children?

Who?

That's ridiculous. Any politician that argued that would have their career ended.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
God and religion..mmm interesting topic

@Caveman Don’t you guys get it..a pedophile is a pedophile..they want sex with children.. If a man is a priest and he is not filth he would be seeking out sex with a consensual adult not a child..The only thing that allowing priests to marry is that pedophiles would find it harder to hide..as people might wonder about a single male…not that being single is wrong it just wouldn’t go as unnoticed..
About time. Someone with common sense

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mini-guillotines for them. Penis size guillotines.
That I certainly agree with, I have always argued that any justice delt out should fit the crime.

Who?

That's ridiculous. Any politician that argued that would have their career ended.
The bill was discuised as allowing for partial birth abortions, obviously you missed the news report that someone tried to rush that bill through Parlariment.
BTW that polly's career did end not long after.
Also I didn't say that all athiests agree with abortion.
A lot of pedophile acts do not involve penetratration but are still very traumatic and undeniably disgusting.

These are the acts that I'd assume you'd see less of - but that's an assumption.

There is no denying that pedophilia exists outside of Catholic Priests in fact from memory a large number of sexual abuse acts on minors come from extended family in opertunistic circumstances.
Over the years I'v employed at least 6 paedophiles didn;t know it when i put them on, i recall 3 were charged with offences against their own kids, I recall 1 been arrested while on the job.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Who?

Ha, with the way laws keep changing with euthanasia, abortion etc who knows how things will be like in 50 years time. Nothing surprises me anymore, absolutely nothing.