chris centrone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

JnRLeB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Port player gets a Bulldogs spot
11 Nov, 2009 12:34 PM
PORT rugby league player Chris Centrone is enroute to the Canterbury Bulldogs four years after being told he was little more than an "average park player" by a high school coach.
A three-try haul by the Salamander Bay 18 year old in a September selection trial against the West Tigers was enough to earn him a spot at the Sydney club until the end of 2011.

The fledging fullback will play for the Bulldogs in the Toyota Cup under 20s competition next year, where he will be out to prove some old naysayers wrong.

"One of my high school coaches told me I would be an average park player and not much more," he said.

"When I was picked for the Bulldogs I said to dad, 'average park player hey'."

Centrone played 11 years with Nelson Bay Junior Rugby League before being offered a first grade contract under Bay coach Robert Relf this year.

Centrone did not waste his time in the Newcastle and Hunter's top tier, taking out the club's rookie of the year award after an impressive season on the wing.

It was through his first grade coach that Centrone came to the attention of Bulldogs recruitment manager Peter Mullholland.

Centrone had his finals HSC exam on Friday before packing his bags for the his new home in Ryde, where he will live with his grandmother.

He started pre-season training with the Bulldogs in Sydney on Monday.

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
old article
robbie relf
still helping us out

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
old article
robbie relf still helping us out

Moe