Chris Anderson exit from Gwent RU down to money

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrCharisma

Chris Anderson last night spoke for the first time about his impending departure from the Gwent Dragons Rugby Union club.

The Aussie coach will be leaving the Gwent region at the end of the season with the board having decided not to extend his one-year contract.

Speaking after his side's victory at Rodney Parade, which was sealed by a late Percy Montgomery penalty, Anderson claimed his exit was down to money man Tony Brown pulling out of the region.

"They just can't afford it. These things happen. The benefactor is leaving," said the recruit from rugby league.

"It's tough on the club, it's tough on the players. I am certainly not used to it. We have probably got a bit more solid backing in rugby league."

Anderson confirmed he would be staying with the Dragons until the end of the current campaign.

"It's just a matter of us getting on with it for the rest of the season," he said. "I have enjoyed the challenge and working with the boys. I will be looking for some opportunities elsewhere now."

Commenting on Anderson's departure, Dragons chief executive Andy Marinos said, "It was a decision we had to make as an organisation in consultation with Chris.

"After extensive discussions, it was mutually agreed not to extend Chris' contract for another season. You have got to do what is best for the company."

Welsh U.I

Last edited by a moderator:
C

~CrY~

ok then soundz good, i couldnt bothered reading all that but ok then :grinning:

Status
Not open for further replies.