Chisholm the Halfback

Status
Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone seen how hes gone this year

Is he the answer at halfback this year or beyond?

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Nsw cup side is second last with 5 losses, 1 draw and 0 wins. Not much else to say really.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No he's not but what about this kid Lachlan Lewis! He actually has a kicking game(long and short), isn't afraid to run the ball and is the best defender on the ground!
I pencilled him in as only making it based on his uncle's surname but boy was I wrong! Has shown more in a half of football than our first grade halves have all year put together!
Sounds good, isnt he a 5/8 though

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is he (Dane Chisholm) the answer at halfback this year or beyond?

He isn't a world beater but he has the confidence to back himself in attack.

IMO Chisholm at 7 with Mbye at 6 would be a much better combination than whowe have now.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

IMO Chisholm at 7 with Mbye at 6 would be a much better combination than whowe have now.
How old is he?

.... self edit.. was born in July 1990.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We will never know until a half gets injured

Dogsboy

New Pup
Reaction score
Was one of the Dogs few good players in their loss to Norths a couple of hours ago

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Id take that

Id take that

Too many bonehead decisions by our halves. More blame on Reynolds being the more experienced

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No he's not but what about this kid Lachlan Lewis! He actually has a kicking game(long and short), isn't afraid to run the ball and is the best defender on the ground!
I pencilled him in as only making it based on his uncle's surname but boy was I wrong! Has shown more in a half of football than our first grade halves have all year put together!
but we dont give other players a go, you know des, likes to keep it loyal and father-figure to his players. but i agree with you!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know age isn't everything, but if you get to 26 and haven't cemented a fg spot as a hb I doubt you are going to be good enough.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Rocks and Diamonds (like Inu). In NSW Cup today in first half he went missing. Second half he did a mad dropout which got us back possession, then scored a cracking good try a minute later to get us within 2 points.

From the received kickoff, Frawley makes a meal of the ball and it goes dead prompting a drop out. Then Chsiholm tried to get fancy, and kicked it dead over the sideline on the full. As a result Bears got a penalty 10m out right in front, and went on the score and seal the game.

So no .. he's not the answer.

doggiez03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Watch Chisholm in nsw cup. Average at best. Goes missing for large parts of the match.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I understand people being frustrated, but dropping them for the useless pricks in nsw cup? Obviously u guys don't watch nsw cup, coz they can't even play well there let alone fg! Drugs are bad kids.....

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
New broom, sweeps well.

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looool now wonder your not a coach we are 5th won 5 lost three 3 our forwards have been second rate all year is it the magical fairy of Zimbabwe winning games???? They need no personal changes they just need new gameplans and adjusted structures and they will be unstoppable. Not too mention he played in a NSW cup team that lost again against the second worst nsw cup team that's that's great buddy substitute winning halves for untried and unproven ones great logic

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Only if the question is how can we send our team backwards?

This place is nuts. I don't get all the Reynolds hate. He's been much improved this year, is setting up tries week after week, despite a few errors yesterday his discipline and consistency have been much better. He's playing better than most halves in the conp at the moment.... Including Brooks who many people see as our ideal solution.

So he threw a ball at Lichaa? So what? Big deal. It wasn't the right thing to do obviously.... But he apologised. Lichaa has moved on (or more to the point was never too bothered by it in the first place), the team has moved on....it's not a huge issue. Having a fullback who won't play on Sundays will be much more of a disruption to our team IMO. Outside of that one incident, Reynolds discipline has been much better and while he still has lots of area for improvement in his game he has come a long way since last year and has been good overall.

Even Marley has eased up on the guy this year and has said he's more consistent and showing signs of improvement ffs!

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
lol

even he made mistakes, but at least he had a go
id play him instead of brown who offers nothing when he comes on
*gasp*

Browne had limited minutes this week but normally bends the line and has been playing well. RFM is a second rower, Browne is a prop.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Browne has been dissspointing this year he needs a stint in NSW cup maybe just to play more minutes

We dont need 3 props on bench as Eastwood can play up front if needed

RFM would be great off bench for top side its a matter of when not if

Status
Not open for further replies.