Chinese visa application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm due to leave to China next week. I ran into some problems filling out the visa app, question 3.3 do you have a criminal record?
yes I do, and I've read how people have been rejected for similar crimes I have committed (long time ago) I've been good for a while now kept my nose clean, no charges for at least 6-7 years and dont plan on getting any more.
my question was has anyone applied for a chinese visa with a criminal record and got in?
i think I might say no to the question but may be refused entry for lieing on the app.
a lot of people are saying that they don't check for criminal records, only if your a terrorist or on Interpol my charges aren't that serious but does anyone know if they check your criminal history.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Depends.. have you raped/murdered/armed robbed/seriously assaulted someone?
Or did you steal something from Woolies.

If you lie about it, they will check and you'll have visa appplication rejected.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Just tick the box and go for it and play ignorant.

If you tell them you have a criminal record I THINK they will refuse it....unless they ask you to bring in the police clearance with the visa application then you dont have any chance of playing ignorant card anyway.

Good luck.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if you killed a japanese man you'll have no problem, or just lie and say that you did on top of your criminal record

"hmm i know he did all this stuff, but look here he killed 14 japanese people in brisbane tbh, hes ok"

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
tick 'no' and if they check say you were given the wrong legal advice believing there is time limit on the record.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
tick 'no' and if they check say you were given the wrong legal advice believing there is a statute of limitation on the record.

yeah blame the legal advice given to you by kennelers. lol

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Depends.. have you raped/murdered/armed robbed/seriously assaulted someone?
Or did you steal something from Woolies.

If you lie about it, they will check and you'll have visa appplication rejected.
Nah man I'm not a dirty ****.. No rape, murders, etc..
The thing is apparently if you say yes you significantly reduce your chances of obtaining a visa..

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
or you could offer them some upcoming house and land packages :grinning:

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah man I'm not a dirty ****.. No rape, murders, etc..
The thing is apparently if you say yes you significantly reduce your chances of obtaining a visa..

it is just like selling you old car, if you mention on the advertisement honestly that car is fantastic and has no problem at all but it has an ABS light which comes on sometimes without any reason but majority of the time it is off. The potential buyers will think if this guy is telling me the car has small problem which is not a biggie, the car would definitely be having bigger problems which he is hiding. So you are better off not mentioning any problem with the car at all and let the buyers decide for themself.

Similarly if you mention it on your application that you had a conviction in the past , they will drill into it and may refuse the application, but if you dont even mention it, 9 times out of 10 they wont even bother.

honesty is not the best policy (sometimes)

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Just tick the box and go for it and play ignorant.

If you tell them you have a criminal record I THINK they will refuse it....unless they ask you to bring in the police clearance with the visa application then you dont have any chance of playing ignorant card anyway.

Good luck.
yeah police check is what they want, and once you give it to them they most likely will refuse entry.
i heard one guy declared his criminal past visa got rejected (very minor history) he then applied again in the same building and got the visa. So I think lieing is the way to go apparently

I ticked no I was told the Chinese can check but don't, a ****ing nervous 4 days as I've already spent over a grand on flights etc..

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah police check is what they want, and once you give it to them they most likely will refuse entry.
i heard one guy declared his criminal past visa got rejected (very minor history) he then applied again in the same building and got the visa. So I think lieing is the way to go apparently

I ticked no I was told the Chinese can check but don't, a ****ing nervous 4 days as I've already spent over a grand on flights etc..

why did you buy fares before hand?

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
if you killed a japanese man you'll have no problem, or just lie and say that you did on top of your criminal record

"hmm i know he did all this stuff, but look here he killed 14 japanese people in brisbane tbh, hes ok"
Top idea.
Do you know where I can find some Japanese people?

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't think the Chinese cared about criminal records, till I filled out the visa form
Are you conducting the business at the embassy or sending your passport in?
My Chinese Visa took several weeks with my passport with the Embassy in BNE while they approved it.
It can be rushed also; one-day turn around, with a fee of course.

~cb.

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you conducting the business at the embassy or sending your passport in?
My Chinese Visa took several weeks with my passport with the Embassy in BNE while they approved it.
It can be rushed also; one-day turn around, with a fee of course.

~cb.
At the Chinese visa application centre, I was told to pick it up on Friday, I lodged it today

Status
Not open for further replies.