Chinese rip offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Huawei Ascend 300+ mobile phone

My boss just got me this phone for work. It seems to be a Chinese rip off of a Samsung Galaxy. Funnily enough it has got all this Google crap on the back of it.

It seems to work OK for now but are they any good it will it die in a couple weeks?

I know they have made a BMW X5 rip off but what else have they made?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
BMW X5? wtf lol.

Does it run android? 4.2.2?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
my friend brought me a chinese copy of samsung Galaxy s4, 5 months ago for $ 100..... no problem whatso ever so far with all the features of real samsung s4.... it also comes with a one year replacement warranty if you are in china of course.

When you buy any chinese fakes you need to keep in mind that there are certain levels of fake brands... some are really crap and dirt cheap in price but some are really good and relatively higher in price.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a Breitling watch (original) for about $20,000 AUD.

My brother bought an exact copy from Hong Kong for $1,500 AUD. The packaging, certificate & actual watch was basically identical. They looked & weighed the same. We almost got them mixed up.

If you have $20k to throw around here is their site!

http://www.breitlingforbentley.com/en/

I reckon there both a waste of money but everyone to their own.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
my friend brought me a chinese copy of samsung Galaxy s4, 5 months ago for $ 100..... no problem whatso ever so far with all the features of real samsung s4.... it also comes with a one year replacement warranty if you are in china of course.

When you buy any chinese fakes you need to keep in mind that there are certain levels of fake brands... some are really crap and dirt cheap in price but some are really good and relatively higher in price.
Are original Samsung phones now made in China as well?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are original Samsung phones now made in China as well?
Mate every thing is made in china these days.

Dubai has got the biggest fake market in the world and chinese have got a lot business there.

This chinese guy over there told me that the same factory which makes the real ones also makes the fake ones too and there are also categories of fakes. Level 1 fake is actually the same good with very little defect which is hardly noticeable to a naked eye and the price of that fake is not cheap either but then you have level 2 fake (not as good as the first one) and so on.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the words of the great Tahir!!
" They say the French make the best lovers, I disagree I reckon the Chinese make them cheaper!!" LMAOOOO!!!
[video=youtube_share;wGHVB8IHooU]http://youtu.be/wGHVB8IHooU[/video]

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Kinda like Holden & Toyota with the Commodore & Lexcen going at it in the early 90s.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Kinda like Holden & Toyota with the Commodore & Lexcen going at it in the early 90s.

They actually swapped cars, Holden gave them Commodore (Lexcen) and Toyota gave them the Corolla (Nova) and the Camry (Apollo).

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would anyone want to copy BMW? BMW's are for Italians who like to think they're rich by driving a bottom of the range 3 series. And they MUST have the Italian flag/strips hanging off their rear view mirror. Just in case you don't know they're Italian. OOOOO!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
A friend of mine bought a Breitling watch (original) for about $20,000 AUD.

My brother bought an exact copy from Hong Kong for $1,500 AUD. The packaging, certificate & actual watch was basically identical. They looked & weighed the same. We almost got them mixed up.

If you have $20k to throw around here is their site!

http://www.breitlingforbentley.com/en/

I reckon there both a waste of money but everyone to their own.
Breitling are nice but I prefer Hublot or AP.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Huawei actually make decent phones. That said, there is still a strong rumour that the owner of the company is a General in the Chinese Military so...

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have seen the Huawei phones. We have a couple at work.

Huawei is a reputable brand overseas, and most smart phones are pretty much identical these days. wouldn't call it a rip off of the galaxy tbh

The-Game

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huawei Ascend 300+ mobile phone

My boss just got me this phone for work. It seems to be a Chinese rip off of a Samsung Galaxy. Funnily enough it has got all this Google crap on the back of it.

It seems to work OK for now but are they any good it will it die in a couple weeks?

I know they have made a BMW X5 rip off but what else have they made?
I've got a Huawei G7300, never had an issue, only charge it once every 3weeks, most other phones I've had, ya charging it every couple days. Only problem is the screen cracks easily, I droped mine and the screen is smashed.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This car is imitating the dump I took last night.

Ghost of Dime

Future1stGrader
Reaction score
These manufacturers are full of shit, the simple fact is that for every item a foreign company produces in China, the Chinese government reserve the right to make an equal number of identical items to be sold under a different name. ****ers are happy to reap the benefits of cheap labour without passing price cuts on to consumers- but the same ones will piss and moan about corporate espionage knowing full well they've agreed to the terms set.

I've seen it with almost every recognised brand in my industry- Stihl, Husqvarna, Yamaha, Subaru, Shindaiwa, Honda...................the list goes on. Meanwhile, rrp for their product hasn't changed in 10 years. Over 9 years, I reckon I sold over 1000 Stihl MS170 chainsaws for $399- and I know for a fact that a complete machine costs under $19 to produce.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These manufacturers are full of shit, the simple fact is that for every item a foreign company produces in China, the Chinese government reserve the right to make an equal number of identical items to be sold under a different name. ****ers are happy to reap the benefits of cheap labour without passing price cuts on to consumers- but the same ones will piss and moan about corporate espionage knowing full well they've agreed to the terms set.

I've seen it with almost every recognised brand in my industry- Stihl, Husqvarna, Yamaha, Subaru, Shindaiwa, Honda...................the list goes on. Meanwhile, rrp for their product hasn't changed in 10 years. Over 9 years, I reckon I sold over 1000 Stihl MS170 chainsaws for $399- and I know for a fact that a complete machine costs under $19 to produce.
I bought a straight shaft Echo brush cutter & its still going hard. It only does light domestic use but I might change the rings to get the comp back up (2 stroke).

Cost me $400 or so back them but its been going for at least the last 10 years! All I have changed thus far is spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.