Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sounds like it's time for the Bird Song

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They're pretty harmless though.

The real ***** are Myna birds. My poor dog was being dive-bombed n y backyard this morning whilst trying to take a crap.
Plovers are by far the worst for swooping I've encountered. They lay their eggs in nests on clear ground and will swoop anything that comes within half a km making a horrible squawking sound all the while. So even if you aren't being swooped you often have to listen to their racket while they swoop something elseI don't think they're much of an issue if you live in a city though.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Plovers are by far the worst for swooping I've encountered. They lay their eggs in nests on clear ground and will swoop anything that comes within half a km making a horrible squawking sound all the while. So even if you aren't being swooped you often have to listen to their racket while they swoop something elseI don't think they're much of an issue if you live in a city though.
My uncle in Mackay has plovers. They make their nests the ground in the open for some stupid reason. They hiss like a goose, but not as scary - have you ever been chased by a goose? Now that's an angry bird.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My uncle in Mackay has plovers. They make their nests the ground in the open for some stupid reason. They hiss like a goose, but not as scary - have you ever been chased by a goose? Now that's an angry bird.
I've never been chased by a goose, but I do know someone who had one that scared the crap out of them.She could also boast about being spat on by both a Llhama and a camel. As a teenager I had a pet Kelpie that used to think the plovers were great sports. It was like a pair of balls that threw themselves. But it drove the family nuts that he'd really get them going at any hour of the day. The pair that lived near my old house were close enough to the house that yo0u couldn't even go out in the backyard without them being a pain with the swooping.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Back in September we were up at Advancetown on holidays. Saw these two absolute arsehole geese picking on these small ducks that were just minding their own business.

Wifey and I likened then to bikie standover men trying to muscle out a regular business owner :D

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've never been chased by a goose, but I do know someone who had one that scared the crap out of them.She could also boast about being spat on by both a Llhama and a camel. As a teenager I had a pet Kelpie that used to think the plovers were great sports. It was like a pair of balls that threw themselves. But it drove the family nuts that he'd really get them going at any hour of the day. The pair that lived near my old house were close enough to the house that yo0u couldn't even go out in the backyard without them being a pain with the swooping.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Back in September we were up at Advancetown on holidays. Saw these two absolute arsehole geese picking on these small ducks that were just minding their own business.

Wifey and I likened then to bikie standover men trying to muscle out a regular business owner :D
I've only been chased once, on a golf course. There as a group of them, with a few little cygnets in the middle. I must have got to close for their liking so, two of them hissed and bared their teeth and one full on went for me. I must have looked at sight running up the fairway with my bag in tow. My playing partners, of course did nothing but laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.