Cheerleaders = Re-assigned to other duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
First of I agree its more of a society problem, as we all know sex sells, taking away cheerleaders isn't gonna change that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what i have seen from American cheerleading, they have actual skills and its a lot more entertaining to watch such as ( back-flips, front-flips etc, even guys perform ) rather than cheerleading in rugby league which is more focused on their bodies rather than their talents.
And also i wouldn't call cheerleading 'entertainment' for kids.
i don't think they should scrap cheerleading all together, just make a few changes.
Imagine if it was American style, with guys and girls doing huge acrobatic routines. That would be awesome.

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of I agree its more of a society problem, as we all know sex sells, taking away cheerleaders isn't gonna change that.

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what i have seen from American cheerleading, they have actual skills and its a lot more entertaining to watch such as ( back-flips, front-flips etc, even guys perform ) rather than cheerleading in rugby league which is more focused on their bodies rather than their talents.
And also i wouldn't call cheerleading 'entertainment' for kids.
i don't think they should scrap cheerleading all together, just make a few changes.
Agree with this... I think if the NRL add more of an entertainment value to it and make it similar to what happens in the US then that would be great...

I just don't like the piss poor excuse of banning it because the girls are being objectified, in my opinion that demeaning to women, not empowering them.

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Try telling Jennifer Hawkins or Nicky Whelan etc that it cant lead to other opportunities...

Banning them wont affect whether i go to games or not, but i dont see the point in it. Did anyone here ever honestly hear about it being an issue???

For the all the PC brigade on here, you guys never said a word about it before so some of you need to get off your high horse.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
For the all the PC brigade on here, you guys never said a word about it before so some of you need to get off your high horse.
Just in case you are grouping me into this little clique, I don't have an issue with the cheerleaders at all and quite enjoyed their presence in front of the kennel. Not from an entertainment angle but they definitely added to the atmosphere.

I can simply understand from the clubs point of view why they are making changes.

tezza1

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Spewing those 2 blonde twin cheerleaders are farkin gorgeaus

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
Try telling Jennifer Hawkins or Nicky Whelan etc that it cant lead to other opportunities...

Banning them wont affect whether i go to games or not, but i dont see the point in it. Did anyone here ever honestly hear about it being an issue???

in no way whatsoever did cheerleading help Jen Hawkins become Miss Universe ffs. She even looked different then. Also, this is a forum on the Bulldogs and the Bulldogs have intimated they are going to absolve them so therefore it is being discussed now and people are providing thoughts on where they stand. People have opinions.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't agree tbh... Cheerleading is a talent and a sport in its own right.

In the US and some other countries... yes, but I don't really think so in Oz.

The only two sports that use cheerleaders on a widespread basis (and correct mke if I'm wrong guys), are NRL and NBL. The two leagues/sports most trying to be american.

Does anyone know the actual origins of cheerleading in Rugby League. I would have thought it was introduced around the time Singo was trying to s3x up the game when he was running the Jets?

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
So the assumption has been made that "If you're a cheerleader, then you have no brains...and will not be respected unless you are an office worker or work in the medical field?)

Why can't we view cheerleading as a sport, and the cheerleaders are sports women in their own rights... I mean they aren't pole dancing out there are they?
Cheerleading will be viewed as a sport if they perform to the levels of their american counterpart. What they do here in Australia is just a bit of dancing not too different to the pole variety.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
What next ?
Taking away pies that have meat because it might offend someone?
Removing Ham & Pineapple pizzas because it might offend others?
Removing all alcohol from game day because others might deem it offensive?

This is the society we live in today where every minority wants things done the way they want, and eventually values that have held solid over the years cave under the banner of being politically correct.

I must admit though, I found their half time dances pretty boring.

I didn't even see them do one cheerleader pyramid ever!
Lots of lifts. Also what about the young belles. This would have been seen as self belief and enabling them to be comfortable in the bodies they have. The really young ones had someone to look up to (the older cheerleaders) as role models.

It's not all about boobs, bums, and shaking your "pompoms".

Anyway I sought out an alternative opinion this morning on the issue. The voice of reason, she who should be agreed with, aka the wife. I explained to her that the Belles were being moved on "to other duties", and her reaction was an interesting one.

She's been to a number of games and knows them as cheerleaders.

Her: "Huh, that's strange. If it's regarding objectifying woman, they are actually one of the more dressed up cheerleaders amongst clubs".
Me: Well if it was objectifying woman, lesbians and feminists have been around for ages, so, why now! Only reason I can think, is an increasing multicultural towards the Bulldogs has lead to a change in the idea of cheerleaders
Her: "Hmmm, quite possible"

I'll be interested to see where things pan out here. I know the father of one of the cheerleaders and will be rather interesting to get in touch with him and see what the go is.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
• The squad will be managed internally ensuring they are closely integrated within the Club, resulting in their activities being aligned to the Bulldogs overall strategic goals
• The group will broaden their role to engage more actively with the Community program
• They will hold an ambassadorial role where they will represent all areas of the business
• They will increase their focus on fan engagement on game day & events
• The uniforms of the squad will evolve to incorporate a contemporary sport and healthy lifestyle look, through to corporate dress wear

ffs i really hate propped up corporate language

"to upgrade their role and help facilitate our new strategic plan the belles will incorporate and engage an ambassadorial community implementation program to execute our goals and achieve outcomes across all platforms"

"hmm i dont know what that means, but it sounds smart so go bulldogs tbh"

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
Apparently the bulldogs will get a Souffs style drumming crew

**** family friendly bullshit

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sorry, for what its worth, I think women are beautiful. Culture has changed, of course it's the new locals. I think we're becoming immature. Has anyone asked the belles what they think? No that's right, castle thinks they got no brains and that's what she wants to fix.

IT'S A PHUCKING HUMAN BODY. EVERYONE PHUCKING HAS ONE! AND GUESS WHAT, GENERALLY, MEN LIKE WEMON & WEMON LIKE MEN.

It's called being human.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
it should be written clearly what the changes will be

*they are going to dress more conservatively
*they arent going to dance or use the pom pom
*they are going to be given a more sophistocated job because we cant just fire them
*they are allowed to be non attractive
*they will look down upon regular cheerleaders because they are better than them
*the club is excellent for doing this move

Guard Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Bad Billy, thats what happens when you let a woman run the show. Who cares if blokes like me optically molest the cheerleaders on display it's still harmless fun. These feminist c#nts need a kick in the vadge to be put in their place. So I'm a chauvinist pig run at my shoulder.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In the US and some other countries... yes, but I don't really think so in Oz.

The only two sports that use cheerleaders on a widespread basis (and correct mke if I'm wrong guys), are NRL and NBL. The two leagues/sports most trying to be american.

Does anyone know the actual origins of cheerleading in Rugby League. I would have thought it was introduced around the time Singo was trying to s3x up the game when he was running the Jets?
around that time I think, my mum who's in her sixties now got approached to be a cheerleader for the sharks way back

EYE.CACK

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I agree with Bad Billy, thats what happens when you let a woman run the show. Who cares if blokes like me optically molest the cheerleaders on display it's still harmless fun. These feminist c#nts need a kick in the vadge to be put in their place. So I'm a chauvinist pig run at my shoulder.
Lookout, castles'a'coming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.