Cheap shot King

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man Hater

B good or B good at it
Reaction score
Cheap shot king
By Steve Mascord and Dean Ritchie

AUSTRALIA coach Ricky Stuart says his forwards are seething over David Kidwell's hit on Willie Mason and last night challenged the New Zealand backrower to run at them next Saturday night.

In a biting assessment of Kidwell's 25th-minute shoulder charge on prop Mason during Saturday night's 30-18 win at Mount Smart Stadium, Stuart questioned the Melbourne veteran's courage in running the ball.

Stuart's anger comes amid urgent calls for changes to the Tri-Nations judiciary system to prevent the tournament degenerating into a wild farce.

"I'm actually quite excited that the boys are dirty on it," Stuart told the Daily Telegraph at Auckland Airport late yesterday.

"David Kidwell got Petero Civoniceva with a cheap shot in the grand final. He came from side-on with Willie.

"That's all fine but then David won't run the ball back at these blokes.

"David will get the football and he'll be running at Johnathan Thurston. It's all well and good playing tough in defence. I haven't seen David Kidwell play too tough with the football."

The comments threaten to turn Saturday night's return encounter into a powderkeg. With Kidwell a Melbourne favourite, his annointing as public enemy No. 1 by the Australians should guarantee promoters a huge crowd at Telstra Dome.

Stuart continued: "Passion is terrific – as long as people can take what you give. That's one thing David Kidwell is yet to live up to. Kidwell's happy to give it. I'll drop this subject when I see Kidwell wanting to run the ball in and around the middle of our forward pack, more so than running at Johnathan Thurston.

"I know a lot of our boys are aware of that fact."

Kidwell claimed after the incident, which left Mason with severe bruising below his left eye and has him needing scans today for a possible facial fracture, that it was already "forgotten" among the players. But Stuart said: "It's all forgotten if you want to take your end of the deal too.

"It's easy to come in and take a cheap shot when blokes are running the football and then you get the football, you run at the halves. The way he got Petero with a cheap shot in the grand final and then the shot on Willie – it doesn't go un-noticed by the boys."

Australian centre Matt King said he expected the tough nature of Saturday night's Test to be a theme for the rest of the series.

"This series is going to be fired up," King said.

"(Great Britain prop) Stuart Fielden is already talking about the Poms and how physical they're going to be.

"I think it will be an old school series, which I think everyone is looking forward to."

A flaw in the triangular series' judiciary process has raised fears about the amount of foul play fans will be subjected to in coming Tests.

Bulldogs chief executive Malcolm Noad last night endorsed calls for an independent committee to review suspected foul play during the remaining six Tri-Nations Tests.

Under the current rules, no disciplinary action can be taken against a player unless he is placed on report or sent off by a referee.

Referee Ashley Klein did not place Kidwell on report.

Both teams also have a small 30-minute window after a game to lodge a protest against any incident.

The matter will be further discussed this week and Noad agreed an independent body must be used to review foul play.

"I'd support that theory," Noad said. "I think the NRL system works pretty well in general.

"I can't see any reason why that system couldn't be implemented. They could use an independent body."

It's going to be a cracker

Source: Telecrap

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
Kidwell is saying he "forgot" about it because he knows his ugly head hit masons eye
thats not a big hit tbh
on the other hand o mealy on gibbs :love:

Man Hater

B good or B good at it
Reaction score
And to say that he didn't know that Mason was "swearing" at the Haka until the end of the game well that is a bit questionable......

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He said what happens on the field stays on the field!!!

I'm sure Kidwell was just one of few players that saw what Mason said, or there would have been more big hits!

D

DJ ALMO

For the first time i think im going to have to agree with ricky

D

DJ ALMO

Kidwell is going to get what he deserves game 2 and mason will rub it in concussed or dead who gives a sh!t

Man Hater

B good or B good at it
Reaction score
TBH i am happy about this whole situation because now the next game is going to be an a cracker with many fireworks and i can't wait!!!

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kidwell is going to get what he deserves game 2 and mason will rub it in concussed or dead who gives a sh!t
What?, what does Kidwell deserve and why?, he saw what he thought and every other single Kiwi thought was Mason disrespecting the Haka. David Kidwell has alot of passion for NZ, him and Ruben will be the 2 most passionate players in the Kiwi team.

D

DJ ALMO

Oh but i thought kidwell never knew he disrespected the haka UNTIL after the game

D

DJ ALMO

Yeah that's it mason said it to the person beside him thats obvious and i dont think he did disrespect the haka anyways i don't want to argue with you about this situation lets just get on game 2 and lets hope there will be more fireworks going off

SXFEST

Milad Youssef
Reaction score
What the **** are the australians meant to do... sit there and watch them new zealanders... i think in game 2 they should just look the other way... kidwell got mason end of story... hopefully mason gets him back as he is a man of his word.

C

Cookie^Monstah

it wasnt a proper shoulder charge, infact he should be chared for a reckless high tackle as it was aimed above the neck and caused an injury. Kidwell is the king of cheap shots, he got lucky. and tbh the media can jump for making a huge deal out of it.

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
it wasnt a proper shoulder charge, infact he should be chared for a reckless high tackle as it was aimed above the neck and caused an injury. Kidwell is the king of cheap shots, he got lucky. and tbh the media can jump for making a huge deal out of it.
i concur

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It was a head clash.

Mason went down, but Kidwell was the one that bounced off him and he fell harder.

No point in Kidwell celebrating an accidental head clash, and he should be very worried for the next game

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Can I ask something, would you all be up and arms about it if it wasnt a Bulldogs player?..if it was any other Kangaroo?

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
[ASOWINI];668951 said:
Can I ask something, would you all be up and arms about it if it wasnt a Bulldogs player?..if it was any other Kangaroo?

I'll still be arguing, maybe not as much.

Can I ask you something?

Would you normally call an accidental head clash a good hit if it was from the opposition

Tha DoggFather

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
A cheap shot is a cheap shot, no matter which player copped it. Unless it was a roosters poof

Bellz

Bellz
Reaction score
All I'm going to say is bring on the next game!! It's going to be just as good as the 1st!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.