Charlie Staines?

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s a No for me, But, Unfortunately I think this will happen. He has a relationship with Gus, is close friends of Burton and he can’t get a decent run in FG. Panthers upgraded his contract the last time we tried to pinch him, I think they’d be happy to release him considering he is taking up a little extra coin these days, plus he’d want a crack at FG and we offer a better opportunity. No inside info, just a gut feeling connecting a few of the dots.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
No no no no no no no no.... shouldnt be anywhere near our club.

Malla

Reaction score
Staines has 2 years MAX left in first grade before he plays reggies for the rest of his career.

I am very thankful he turned Barrett down last year and opted to stay in Penrith.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He is actually a good player. Defensively reads the game very well and doesn't miss many tackles for a bloke his size. In a team that plays a style that suits him, he could be a gun. If Taylan May wasn't such a freak he would be in our 17. He has also shown that he will try and evolve, he has been much better this year coming out of trouble. At the right price he will be a good get for someone.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He knocked us back once. Could have been our fullback. He can get f..ked
We or some were thankful he fn did..we owe him one for not signing actually!
But not a contract he is bog average, a Bulldog blow-up doll or something.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Charlie Staines? Great purchase if we are building a reserve grade team of other teams slops & going for consecutive back to back to back spoons.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of Brett Howland - loads of pace but not fg - Howland never scored a try for the Dogs in fg

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He is actually a good player. Defensively reads the game very well and doesn't miss many tackles for a bloke his size. In a team that plays a style that suits him, he could be a gun. If Taylan May wasn't such a freak he would be in our 17. He has also shown that he will try and evolve, he has been much better this year coming out of trouble. At the right price he will be a good get for someone.
From your website, Staines - Tackles Made 35 Missed Tackles 10
You are probably right he doesn't miss many tackles that's because he doesn't make many.

Always Bulldogs

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stop trying to sell him off to other teams.

He’s a featherweight who gets driven back every hit up he takes. He has some speed but that’s about it.

He is one bullet that we dodged

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
From your website, Staines - Tackles Made 35 Missed Tackles 10
You are probably right he doesn't miss many tackles that's because he doesn't make many.

Always Bulldogs
Stats aren't the be all and end all. In the right team I think he has a bit to offer.

soc123_au

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stop trying to sell him off to other teams.

He’s a featherweight who gets driven back every hit up he takes. He has some speed but that’s about it.

He is one bullet that we dodged
I don't think clubs are signing anyone based off my recommendations mate. Just offering an opinion as someone that has watched him pretty closely.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Staines handling is only slightly better than Okunbor. The Forbes Ferrari is overrated and its his handling keeping him out of first grade.

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone saying drinkwater but he’s currently in favour and playing regular first grade. We should really be looking at Hamiso, he’s not playing regular FG rn

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
not a fan but he was very good when starting the year, looks like he has bulked up and alot stronger

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Everyone saying drinkwater but he’s currently in favour and playing regular first grade. We should really be looking at Hamiso, he’s not playing regular FG rn
Would love the Hammer at our club