Rumour Charlie Staines x Burton?

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Dont need to buy a FB, if he can develop some kinda looping pass along with safe hands and good placement at the back then i think he is our long term FB. We have to stop buying talent and start developing our own just like the Cows and Broncos but make key, established signings like Reynolds and Townsend so our youngins have the help they need.
Hes got great skills as a fullback. Its literally a video of his tries and ppl are saying he has no ball playing abilities. I watched him coming through the grades and hes got some slick ball skills. Dont know why hes a scapegoat in this team. They love to hate him and it fucking pisses me off. The kids 21 and has been dicked around so much in every position and last friday was his first game at fullback and i thought he was fucking good

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes got great skills as a fullback. Its literally a video of his tries and ppl are saying he has no ball playing abilities. I watched him coming through the grades and hes got some slick ball skills. Dont know why hes a scapegoat in this team. They love to hate him and it fucking pisses me off. The kids 21 and has been dicked around so much in every position and last friday was his first game at fullback and i thought he was fucking good
Hope he finally delivers at fullback because I think (assuming) the club has invested in alamoti and kiraz long term for centre

I do eventually see him becoming a Dylan Edwards/Luke Patton type fullback and that's perfect for us to spend more cash on 6,7 and 9

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Sign quality or nothing.. Staines is not qaulity.. id love Vunivalu and he wants back into NRL..
That try in the 2020 gf he scored was fkn fire.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Hope he finally delivers at fullback because I think (assuming) the club has invested in alamoti and kiraz long term for centre

I do eventually see him becoming a Dylan Edwards/Luke Patton type fullback and that's perfect for us to spend more cash on 6,7 and 9
Schoupp and Alamoti long term centres. Kiraz wing.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Schoupp and Alamoti long term centres. Kiraz wing.
I'm personally not so sure on Schoupp. Doesn't really bring much in an attacking sense and therefore I'd see him as keeping the position warm for a better option that becomes available.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He isn't off contract next year. He's off contract for 2024. If he continues to play how he is currently he'd be marque fullback money if we're a chance of signing him then too.

Our options for next year atm are Staines, CNK (assuming Raiders persist with Savage) or stick with what we have (Averillo/Toia). I think most people at the moment would pick the third option out of those.
100%, i'd rather just persist with Averillo or Toia for another season than sign another flop. Neither Staines or CNK are the answer.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Penrith looking to offload him now, I reckon we end up signing him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well, he'd be better than Crichton, at least he's a proper fullback. Still haven't given up on Avo though