Character building for fans and the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
just wanted to share how I’ve seen this season, I know we have all been critical of the team and rightly so, but I’m so proud of the team this year, the losses and inexperienced roster has been a good year for the most part , we have unlocked hidden talent that would of probably bitten us in the ass had Hasler still been here , (smith, Lewis, Martin, and more..)

We have gone back to blooding juniors and that’s what the team was built on, also just need to point out how much the wins and gritty style of play affects a fans life , like waking up to a win puts yous in the best mood to start the week.

What is everyone’s thoughts on the new recruits coming in Meaney, and Cogger etc and where do you see the team going next year regarding Foran and halves / hooker etc

Thanks kennelers

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I see Foran in the same position he’s currently playing after 10 games. I wouldn’t get your hopes up about him and start to get use to a Cogger/Lewis halves combo.

Who plays left side center/wing combo to replace the Morris boys? That’s going to be a huge gap to fill. But if Pay has them turning up each week competing that’s all I can ask for. The team has been so enjoyable to watch since we got rid of the big money names.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's taken a while for the players to adjust to life post Des ball, but the signs are positive from the last month or so.
Most players have improved this season, Holland, Jackson, RFM, Klemmer and Hoppa noticeably so.
Among the new breed, Lewis, Martin and Smith have shown they belong in first grade and can contribute going forward. JMK, Ogden, To'omaga and Smith have shown glimpses but still need development to reach a consistent 1st grade standard.
Those that are leaving, Morris boys and Eastwood... it's been good to see Eastwood find some form the last few weeks and go out on a good note. The Morris boys will be more difficult then Eastwood to replace, particularly Josh.
The confirmed signings of Meaney, Cogger and Crichton don't get me overly enthusiastic though it's a benefit for 2019 that they've all had some NRL experience this year. Of the 3, I see Meaney as the one who can add to the team in 2019.
In terms of signings I think we need to get an experienced centre and a consistent 9. Liccha has shown glimpses of his talent as a junior and although I had high hopes for him I think he's one of the squad most effected by Des Ball. Segeyaro or Rein would be good pick ups. Not much off contract in the centres hopefully we can pick someone up during the offseason.
As for the 2019 season, if Foran comes back and has an injury free season and the squad continues to improve then we'll win a few more games but I believe we're still a few players short of being a genuine contender. We're headed in the right direction, the tough calls in cutting Woods and Mbye will help us get back to the expected level sooner provided we get recruitment right.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
des ball slowly becomes a distant memory.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Mariner fully fit next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.