1. Be cool and Register to set your username and display picture get the full features of the site. Talk Bulldogs NRL News, match reviews, live score, ladder, injuries, player signings and team performance.

Official Channel-Harris tavita

Discussion in 'Rugby League General' started by Bulldogs09, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Kennel Immortal

Latrell was for 2021 but will now move early.

All the other 2021 elite talent is now locked up.

We aren’t the only club locking up our guns (like Chris Smith )

Elliot and montoya and holland better be swiftly upgraded! We want to keep the core of spoon worthy squads in place.

That’s the reality.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Alan79

Alan79 Kennel Immortal

You need depth as well as top 17 players. The club knows that. We've let quite a few players that never improved move on.

Montoya hasn't ever matched the promise he showed in his debut season. I don't think he's as diabolical as many others do though.

Holland lacks consistency, but is very versatile and adds a pretty good goal kicking option. Handy to have. He's copped more criticism than I think is warranted.

Elliott makes some errors and occasionally gives away penalties, but also has patches of great form and he looks like he's not a player that gives up. Often those errors and penalties occur because he's trying hard to get the side to play with some spirit.

As far as other talent being locked up. The Turbo brothers weren't moving in my opinion. Mitchell seems like he's going to shop himself around and ensure he gets every last dollar he can. If he continues to improve I get the impression he's potentially going to be disruptive in seeking upgrades or a release if more money is offered to him. And last of all is Fifita who I think might be keen to stay in Brisbane.

So it's a matter of looking for players that will improve our roster from what's left in the NRL or Super League. I think that quite a few intelligent players that are on the verge of stepping into the NRL will hold off on choosing their clubs for 2021 in the hopes that they'll increase their value through the season ahead. I just don't think that it's time for desperation plays from our club. We saw the previous board throw massive contracts at Foran and Woods because of pressure from the fans. I don't want to see the club act hastily this time around. Quality players emerge every year and the year ahead will be no exception.

I don't blame people for wanting to see some good signings right now. I'd like that too. But a year is a long time in league. And I think that there are enough clubs with money to spend that players will be pretty patient with regards to getting new deals.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bulldogs09

Bulldogs09 Kennel Immortal

Mate there’s a lot more names than the turbos latrell and Fifita.

Look at guys like Scott for example. Marsters, Holmes, Croft even.

Hargreaves, twal, the 4 the storm upgraded, channel Harris, the eels young gun prop that tigers picked up.

Talk of lomax, semi, tko all sorted futures too.

We are linked to Leuila and Frawley and Reynolds...

There’s concerns in my eyes. Without even saying the turbo bro’s, latrell, Fifita as out and out stars.

Holmes and semi fit in that list too in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2019
  4. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

I have this list, it's slowly getting smaller...

Bird - Centre
    Fifita - Second Row/Lock
    Flegler - Prop
    Milford - Fullback/Five-Eighth
    Oates - Winger
    Staggs - Centre
    Turpin - Hooker
    Cotric - Winger/Centre
    Wighton - Centre/Fullback/Five-Eighth
    Townsend - Halfback
    Arrow - Prop/Lock
    Suli - Centre
    Fa'asuamaleaui - Prop
    Grant - Hooker
    Olam - Centre
    Papenhuyzen - Fullback
    Vunivalu - Winger
    Brown - Five-Eighth
    Mahoney - Hooker
    Walker - Five-Eighth
    Frizell - Second Row/Lock
    Lomax - Centre
    Butcher - Second Row/Lock
    Lam - Five-Eighth
    Latrell - Centre/Fullback
    Taukeiaho - Prop

There are a few on contract but I don't include those. Also some of the players (a lot actually) are in discussions with other clubs or re-signing currently. I still stand by having to be signing players now (people were saying it's only the 1st of November, well now it's the 23rd 1/5th of the transfer window).

5. Natboy II

Natboy II Kennel Enthusiast

Why do you think no clubs have signed new players for 2021?

6. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

Why do you think clubs are retaining players for 2021? We're the most desperate club on the market for 2021 with the most money (?). It doesn't really matter about the other clubs tbh. Every day more and more players are being locked up and that is a fact. At least 13 players on the list I've given are linked with re-signing or a move away.

7. Natboy II

They obviously don’t want to leave their current clubs then do they

8. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

Not for the same $ to a team expected to come second last next season.

9. Natboy II

Or clearly even more money

10. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

Okay, but not enough obviously. Needs to be an incentive. An extra $1 (exaggeration btw) isn't going to cut it. Latrell's offer should of been capped at 950k for e.g. An extra 200k (850k offer) was the lowest amount of overs we could of offered without being a laughing stock. Maybe we would of already had that deal wrapped up... I'd love to give more examples post October 31st but we're waiting for a star to fall into our lap apparently.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
  11. Natboy II

How many times do I need to tell you we didn’t have the money for 2020 so made it clear we weren’t in the race

12. bradyk

bradyk Kennel Enthusiast

How long were we chasing Latrell for? What I'm saying is if we offered up to 950k before everything unfolded maybe he's already here? Why is 850k the highest amount I've heard reported. I'm talking about 2021 btw.

13. Natboy II

Maybe he would be if we have the money and not long at all. Most of the “interest” his manager claimed was just to bluff the roosters & it backfired. They called his bluff didn’t they

14. _G-Dog_

_G-Dog_ Kennel Immortal

Dont worry there will be many more we will add and then remove off the list..