Channel 9's commentry on Canterbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It made me sick with the constant one-sidedness of the commentary. Call after call after call was slanted in the favour of the BIG three and the Melbourne Shower.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will chmabers cheap High shot on ennis, joey goes " its just a love tap" ...fck off joey show some concern for players wellfare, when u call for the respect for captain cam.
Everything is a love tap for Johns, ever since he tapped his first $50 roll up his nose

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
It made me sick with the constant one-sidedness of the commentary. Call after call after call was slanted in the favour of the BIG three and the Melbourne Shower.
the best part was when they claimed that the video referee shouldnt be allowed to make a call in the build up to a try

HITM3N

THE KENNEL
Gilded
Reaction score
This is why id rather Foxsports Commentary because there not biased *****

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The only win is if ch9 lose the rights next agreement and sack the lot of them! They have been annoying me for years now.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
Absolutely disgraceful commentary. Don't think Gus Gould has ever got over the fact that the Dogs sacked him...

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm normally not as fired up over it, but today was just ridiculous.

Joey Johns pre-game = "Storm will roll them."

Brett Finch mid-game = "Ennis is a competitor, but rubbing the head of the Australian captain shows a lack of respect"

Phil Gould during the video-review leading to the golden-NO-try = "They're gonna kill the moment with this decision"

The only one who stayed balanced and impartial was Wally Lewis !!!
Of all people ... The King FFS !
Kill the moment, only cause it will give the video ref time to see a massive knock on.
A knock on is knock on is a knock on, just cause it finished with a flashy ending it's still a knock on FFS

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's gotten so bad even the tools on the chook pen are saying Chanel 9 are biased

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
How do you think we Cowboys Supporters feel, we get the same crap too. I prefer Fox Sports in most cases as they aren't as bad as 9's Commentators. Aside from Vossy (he calls Warriors home games mostly), there isn't a lot out there. I like Mark Gasnier as a Commentator though.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I didn't used to like Voss but I didn't realise what a good caller he was until he was gone from 9.

The only good thing about the coverage is that every one of those stupid f***s ended up with egg on their face when we won.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I had the same feeling last night. I could have sworn that most of the Commentary team were pulling for the Donkeys.

Owey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you think we Cowboys Supporters feel, we get the same crap too. I prefer Fox Sports in most cases as they aren't as bad as 9's Commentators. Aside from Vossy (he calls Warriors home games mostly), there isn't a lot out there. I like Mark Gasnier as a Commentator though.
I had the same feeling last night. I could have sworn that most of the Commentary team were pulling for the Donkeys.
I feel sorry for your mob next week, what type of clanger are they gonna come up with to eliminate you from the final. I am sure they would have overlooked it if the Rorters had won, but now they are playing to keep alive, the NRL and the ref's are gonna f#$& you blind.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So calling a clear knock on a knock on is contrvoersial?

How the fck channel 9 news reports that as controversial is a fcken joke.
I don't know man but the game was already over so whats the point of them going on about it rofl?

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus doesnt like us

Hes best mates with Politis

They were livid when we won in 2004

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah but no-one cares about the Cowgirls haha :p

I like Gasnier aswell, Mr. Incredible is my favourite non Dogs player ever to be honest

Symm

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Stoked there is already a thread for this.

You could hear the depression in Gould's voice after we scored that last try. He shouldn't commentate on Dogs games.

Agree they should bring back Voss.

Agree that Wally seems to be pretty fair.

You watch a game sometimes and think to yourself "The commentary can't be as biased as it seems... It must be because I'm passionate about the team".

You can hear obvious excitement in Gould's voice when something negative happens to the Bulldogs. It's equally clear how shattered he is when things go right.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
I feel sorry for your mob next week, what type of clanger are they gonna come up with to eliminate you from the final. I am sure they would have overlooked it if the Rorters had won, but now they are playing to keep alive, the NRL and the ref's are gonna f#$& you blind.
I got a bad feeling about that and the fact that my lot have a terrible record at Allianz. Hope I am wrong though.

Maybe this time the Reftards (as an online pal of mine calls them in another sport) will know better than to screw us over. Let's hope we don't get attention-whore Chechin at all.

matthew

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If there wasn't any replays Gus and Rabs calls would be 99% wrong, they always call it wrong until the replays come on

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
the best part was when they claimed that the video referee shouldnt be allowed to make a call in the build up to a try
its not like it was 3 plays ago or anything. and next week something will happen where the refs miss a crucial incident but everyone else sees it in the replay but they dont over turn it, then theyll be like "the technology is there why dont they use it blah blah"

Status
Not open for further replies.