Channel 7 to broadcast Rugby League World Cup game - SMH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Excellent news for International Rugby League this morning, Channel 7 has agreed to broadcast the Australialess games on 7Mate, (free to air TV). Australia's games will still be shown on Channel 9 but the remainder of games for example, England Vs New Zealand or England V Fiji will be shown on 7Mate.

That means all games will be shown on FREE-TO-AIR via channel 9 and 7.

This is a massive coup for Rugby League!

What do you guys think?

Read about it below:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...orld-cup-comp-in-entirety-20130623-2oqs9.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Cat & Mouse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Fuck yes

Can't wait until 9 is completely out of it, pos service

Go 7

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sounds great. Hopefully the commentators are better than the geese on 9.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great news for rugby league
channel 9 needs to piss off with the bullshit delayed game

Brandz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Sounds great. Hopefully the commentators are better than the geese on 9.
Some names have already been dropped in the article, not sure if they will be the commentators though.

- Pat Molihan (channel 7s rugby league reporter)

The rest have associations with channel 7:
- Laurie Daley
- Shane Webcke
- Trevor Gilmeister

oso bad

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is great news to be able to market this outside of the NRL agreement. Hope to see something like this done if we get pre season games of the ground ie sevens or best from Super League v NRL.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
This is awesome, now we can watch all the games and see how the rest of the world goes!

I hate how Channel 9 calls them selves "the home of rugby league" when it only shows a one live game per week and origin/test matches live, even though its for free they aren't the home of rugby league.

The only thing Channel 9 have is some of their commentary team (Ray Warren, Peter Sterling, Andrew Johns, Wally Lewis, Brad Fitler).

Good luck to Channel 7!

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
competition for broadcasting rights is always good, channels like 9 have had it to good for to long, im hoping channel 7 make a real good job of this and can then put together a real good bid for the next tv rights, I know its years away from being up for grabs, but for another station to show they are up for it will be good for the game

lets hope they have a top commentary team on board as well

Big_Dawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are they on fox as well coz I can't stand channel 7's ads

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I only follow the Bulldogs (NRL real game), is there a team in England or France that has bulldogs or dogs as their mascot for their team?

I follow the Western Bulldogs in AFL simply because they are Dogs. I have no idea which suburb they represent but that is OK as they are Dogs.

Go Doggies!

Cat & Mouse

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
As I only follow the Bulldogs (NRL real game), is there a team in England or France that has bulldogs or dogs as their mascot for their team?

I follow the Western Bulldogs in AFL simply because they are Dogs. I have no idea which suburb they represent but that is OK as they are Dogs.

Go Doggies!
You are high

BUGDOG

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i wonder if those people that hate rugby league or call it boring but love rugby are only doing it to prove a point or out of some other social identity reason

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah

Took TK advice, went elsewhere. What happened to that thread? I went offline for a week, come back and it's gone ha
Its your thread. You need to update it with your progress & decisions.

Brandz

Waterboy
Reaction score
Are they on fox as well coz I can't stand channel 7's ads
I dont think they are. Channel 7 has bought the rights to host all games (except Australias games) LIVE on 7mate with replays on Channel 7 off the Rugby League International Federation. Channel 9 will show all the Aussies games LIVE.

Brandz

Waterboy
Reaction score

Go Doggies!

Batley Bulldogs in the Division 2 comp in England.

Status
Not open for further replies.