Changes to the junior subforums - Have your say.

How would you like to see the Juniors subforum formatted?

• 3. New subforums: NSW Cup, Flegg, Juniors (H Matts and SG Ball).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry if I miss tagging someone else in on this one. Mods are also discussing this, but who better to ask than the posters who contribute greatly to this area of the forum.

I need all your thoughts on the Junior Subforum under Bulldogs Discussion.

As NSW Cup games are starting to get more televised coverage (and Flegg), and more users coming onto the forums with knowledge and information about Flegg/SG/Matts pathways, I'm wondering how we best manage this.

Ideas I have are:
1. Leave it as is with Consolidated Threads for SG/HMatts/Flegg, and NSW Cup.
+ Only 4 Threads
- Conversation about players/performances/games/team lists can get lost.

2. Leave it as is with Consolidated Threads for SG/HMatts/Flegg, but individual match threads for NSW Cup.
+ Only 4 Threads + NSW Cup Game Day Threads
- Conversation about players/performances/games/team lists can still get lost.

3. Create new subforums: NSW Cup, Flegg, Juniors (H Matts and SG Ball).
+ Easier to manage whilst keeping it simple.
+ Less confusion amongst users posting.
- Slightly more clutter at top of screen.

4. Create new subforums: NSW Cup, Flegg, Matts, SG Ball. Each game have its own thread + a consolidated discussion (see example below).
+ Best way to have everything separated.
+ Every grade has their own threads (if a game day thread gets missed so be it).
+ Easier to track conversation about players, results, etc etc. Discussion in Consolidated, and match discussion in each thread with teams etc.
+ Can be created using a simple template from previous week.
- Slightly more clutter at top of screen.

Last year I think I did information overload with tryscorers for every match, and took quite a bit of updating. The Consolidated Threads were a bit of a pain to keep track of.

Subforums (#4) I see is the cleanest way (as it'll be clearly defined an easier to manage), compared to Consolidated Threads for everything.

Have one thread with the draws, and a match day thread for each. Even if it has no posts or few in it, still easier to keep track of.

I can set it up (#4) so it goes:
Bulldogs Discussion
Bulldogs Discussion > Intrust Super (NSW) Cup
Bulldogs Discussion > Jersey Flegg (Optional here)
Bulldogs Discussion > Juniors (Generic Discussion)
Bulldogs Discussion > Juniors > Flegg (or Optional here)
Bulldogs Discussion > Juniors > H Matts
Bulldogs Discussion > Juniors > SG Ball

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Leave it as is with the ability for topic specific threads to be created in the sub.. ?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
leave as is

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Leave it as is with the ability for topic specific threads to be created in the sub.. ?
Actually that'd work better and keep things clean. We can also use them to dump stale conversation/threads.

In other words Juniors subforum will have the Consolidated thread, and the game thread for that week. After that week it moves to SG Ball / H Matts / Flegg / Intrust subforum.

2019 Intrust Super Consolidated Thread.
2019 Jersey Flegg Consolidated Thread.
2019 SG Ball Consolidated Thread.
2019 Harold Matts Consolidated Thread.
2019 Misc Juniors Consolidated Thread.

and thenL
MATCH DAY - Rx - Intrust Discussion Thread.
MATCH DAY - Rx - Flegg Discussion Thread.
MATCH DAY - Rx - SG Ball Discussion Thread.
MATCH DAY - Rx - Harold Matts Discussion Thread.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd combine all the cluttered threads in the stickied discussion threads and leave the open shit for the random threads throughout season. There is way too much going on especially with that archived crap. Piss that off.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Not sure I fully understand what you mean @Mitch Connor (me not you).

The plan I was was that the locked discussion threads (current ones), I'd move them into respective subforums probably in a month or so. I can do it now, but felt that people may want to refer back to current conversation in them.

I can't merge them because of a forum bug which means that any discussion before the date of first post, would push the draws/results posts into the middle of the thread. Only way around that is to edit another users first and second post.

The idea I had was:
- Each week the team threads will be under the main Juniors discussion, and Tuesday that week they'll get moved to the respective subforum. So when Round 3 teams are released, Round 2 threads will move into each grades subforum.
- Eventually there will be stickied discussion threads for each grade, and then the subforums.
- At end of each year that can be moved and new stickies created to talk about player movement. Eventually over the years that should allow players to be tracked across all grades.

With Tarsha Gale, SG and H Matts being short seasons, but Flegg and ISP being longer, the clutter will mostly resolve itself as the season moves on. Lower grades will be in Round 6 of 9 before Flegg and ISP start.

Hope that explains where I'm coming from in all this.