Opinion Changes for 2024

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely there are big imposing frontrowers in Cup, RM, all our feeder areas incl Canterbury NZ, PNG, Fiji who just can run the ball tough and tackle. Just ask a simple gameplan of them. Other clubs find them. Even Manly ship em in from Blacktown.
I have all the confidence in Gus, he won't let us down despite all the obstacles,
Maybe people should stop whinging and moaning and give him and the rest of our people a fair chance to achieve our objectives...
Unless these people's objectives are totally the opposite !!!

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot seem to be pointing the finger at Ciraldo and stating that he "must" be part of the problem. Think of it this way.... when you were at school if you didn't like a particular teacher or their method of teaching, so you "switched off" during their lessons and didn't take in the required info, do you think it fair to blame that same teacher as the reason you failed your exams. Just saying.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have all the confidence in Gus, he won't let us down despite all the obstacles,
Maybe people should stop whinging and moaning and give him and the rest of our people a fair chance to achieve our objectives...
I’m glad you do. And I hope you’re right cause I was the same until a few weeks ago when I heard gus talk on 100% footy. In short he basically said we won’t see success for years to come until juniors develop hahahah what a load of bs! So what he is trying tk tell us is, expect failure for a few more years and then success will come. Gtfo of here….. nrl is a professional sport, Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs are a big club… you think the old greats would have ever said that? We demand success and improvement. This club has declined far worse then it ever has so gus better stop feeding us bs excuses and start producing or he can fuck off also.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Mate fans whinging and moaning on TK ain't gonna affect diddly squat of what Gus, Ciraldo or the club are gonna do about getting this club back on track.

With results like these. Talk of player walk outs and being asked to piss off...you honestly can't expect any better of supporters who love the club.

The agenda driven agitators should be ignored.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo will be put on notice after this season. there will be a review and it’s gonna be brutal by Gus ,will spear head it because with a election year too the board won’t want another abortion like this campaign.those players who ain’t happy will be moved on too or ones who don’t wanna put the work. I think the assistants will go definitely defence coach is gone . Ciraldo will need a strong start next year or the media and alike gonna be riding us and Gould .
I hate that old prick buzz but hey he hates Gus and loves pointing our fuck ups too all this attention might spark our mob into laying it out too gus and cam

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m glad you do. And I hope you’re right cause I was the same until a few weeks ago when I heard gus talk on 100% footy. In short he basically said we won’t see success for years to come until juniors develop hahahah what a load of bs! So what he is trying tk tell us is, expect failure for a few more years and then success will come. Gtfo of here….. nrl is a professional sport, Canterbury Bankstown bulldogs are a big club… you think the old greats would have ever said that? We demand success and improvement. This club has declined far worse then it ever has so gus better stop feeding us bs excuses and start producing or he can fuck off also.
I will say this, Gus knows exactly what he is doing even when it seems he lost the plot,
A question, why do we remember that Gus said while fixing pathways the senior roster needs to be addressed urgently.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There has to be a way to cut Flop-tala Mariner in the off season.

Everyone has been blind sided by this duds form, he was crying on camera in the pre season to not being able to tackle or make a single run in a half of footy.

RFM tackles slightly better than knock-on-more. He doesn’t have the Bulldog in him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mate fans whinging and moaning on TK ain't gonna affect diddly squat of what Gus, Ciraldo or the club are gonna do about getting this club back on track.

With results like these. Talk of player walk outs and being asked to piss off...you honestly can't expect any better of supporters who love the club.

The agenda driven agitators should be ignored.
I agree, we should stay positive !
Maybe this is the mother of all deadwood clearances that is needed !

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I agree, we should stay positive !
Maybe this is the mother of all deadwood clearances that is needed !
I have confidence in Gus in the fact that his ego won't let him give up or "massively" fail. However there is a chance that the club may run out of patience if results like this drags on for 2-3 years.

I can't see how the players would be confident in the coach with his selection backflips and continually picking the dud players he bags in his pressers and now they appear to have been thrown to the wolves to wear all the blame for the clubs demise. There is apparently 4-10 disgruntled players but unfortunately the whole roster has been tainted and caught up in the accusations. It's not good for morale at all and when you have poor morale you rarely succeed.

Certainly hope this apparent scorched earth approach works.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surely there are big imposing frontrowers in Cup, RM, all our feeder areas incl Canterbury NZ, PNG, Fiji who just can run the ball tough and tackle. Just ask a simple gameplan of them. Other clubs find them. Even Manly ship em in from Blacktown.
There are quite a few big boppers playing in the Canterbury NZ league for a start. Get some Gus :grinning:

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have confidence in Gus in the fact that his ego won't let him give up or "massively" fail. However there is a chance that the club may run out of patience if results like this drags on for 2-3 years.

I can't see how the players would be confident in the coach with his selection backflips and continually picking the dud players he bags in his pressers and now they appear to have been thrown to the wolves to wear all the blame for the clubs demise. There is apparently 4-10 disgruntled players but unfortunately the whole roster has been tainted and caught up in the accusations. It's not good for morale at all and when you have poor morale you rarely succeed.

Certainly hope this apparent scorched earth approach works.
Gus was clear when he talked about building pathways and reaping the rewards in 5 years time, the importance of swiftly rebuilding the seniors roster, if we clear the deadwood the bad results will not drag on for 2-3 years.
Players shouldn't be confident in the coach and the club if the rotted apples are kept in the box !!!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Gus was clear when he talked about building pathways and reaping the rewards in 5 years time, the importance of swiftly rebuilding the seniors roster, if we clear the deadwood the bad results will not drag on for 2-3 years.
Players shouldn't be confident in the coach and the club if the rotted apples are kept in the box !!!
You can't bag them out in your press conference then turn around 2 days later and select those same players in your team. It doesn't work like that. You won't be respected or taken seriously.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can't bag them out in your press conference then turn around 2 days later and select those same players in your team. It doesn't work like that. You won't be respected or taken seriously.
I totally agree, I think the pressure did get to the rookie coach at times.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will say this, Gus knows exactly what he is doing even when it seems he lost the plot,
A question, why do we remember that Gus said while fixing pathways the senior roster needs to be addressed urgently.
Yep I used to think so until he admitted it’s a lot harder then he ever thought and then admits he can’t wait till season is over like wtf?

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep I used to think so until he admitted it’s a lot harder then he ever thought and then admits he can’t wait till season is over like wtf?
It has been a difficult season on the field, but he has been a very busy man rebuilding the club back from scratch,
Hes is human after all !

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been a difficult season on the field, but he has been a very busy man rebuilding the club back from scratch,
Hes is human after all !
Never said he wasn’t, I’m talking from what I’m seeing from the outside, you can’t push the agenda if a rebuild and ignore the main goal… to compete!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Never said he wasn’t, I’m talking from what I’m seeing from the outside, you can’t push the agenda if a rebuild and ignore the main goal… to compete!
The main criteria for recruitment is to offer opportunities to potential newcomers. Who the hell wants to stall, or even wreck their career here now.

I have no doubt this will be fixed in time but right now it's looking like Gus and CC have deliberately blown it all up.

The poor Board and Admin have just been given a doozy to deal with.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Again I agree but it got a lot more complicated, on and off the field.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Need more assistance from our back 5 in our sets if our pack is still this shit next year

1. Critta
2. Kiraz
3. Skelton
4. Xerri
5. Fox

Their main job is to get our sets rolling…

Skelton could become the next Marzhew
He could be better but the dickhead would rather play Perham, Wilson, Okunbor in the backline