Opinion Chanel Harris-Tavita

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said - an informed opinion - both of these players have footy sense - hopefully Rajab trains with the full time squad this preseason. I dont know why he played fullback in Flegg

Another point re the HM team - was it attitude or fitness in the first half of the season that caused their downfall - once Teo(Matai) came back they were very good.
Thanks mate ... I think it was a lack of organisation. It was just bash and barge with a stack of errors. Iverson comes in and Bingo. It really was that stark. He seems to have an old head on young shoulders, with speed and skill. One special player can really dominant those junior comps.

Rajab i can only assume was being spared the defensive responsibilities ( big boys in flegg) by playing fullback. I actually view this as a glowing rap on his ability. Under age kid with the ability to handle an unfamiliar pressure packed position.

Real interested to see these two combine. As you mentioned footy sense. Someone has to lead the giants around.

What are your thoughts on Alamoti ?? I thought his stock slipped ever so slightly last year. Bit lazy.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks mate ... I think it was a lack of organisation. It was just bash and barge with a stack of errors. Iverson comes in and Bingo. It really was that stark. He seems to have an old head on young shoulders, with speed and skill. One special player can really dominant those junior comps.

Rajab i can only assume was being spared the defensive responsibilities ( big boys in flegg) by playing fullback. I actually view this as a glowing rap on his ability. Under age kid with the ability to handle an unfamiliar pressure packed position.

Real interested to see these two combine. As you mentioned footy sense. Someone has to lead the giants around.

What are your thoughts on Alamoti ?? I thought his stock slipped ever so slightly last year. Bit lazy.
Alamoti - at the time the comp started he just turned 17 and the sgball comp was an u19 comp - still had some good touches and agressive dominating dfence - unless he grows height wise i tink he will end up backrow maybe a 13. In his one flegg game on the wing - taking hard carries into set defence he made good yards

Rajab is a big body for a half - i know he played sgball in 2019 but i didnt sight him in 2020 - developed a willingness to run in 2021 to add to his excellent passing game

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alamoti - at the time the comp started he just turned 17 and the sgball comp was an u19 comp - still had some good touches and agressive dominating dfence - unless he grows height wise i tink he will end up backrow maybe a 13. In his one flegg game on the wing - taking hard carries into set defence he made good yards

Rajab is a big body for a half - i know he played sgball in 2019 but i didnt sight him in 2020 - developed a willingness to run in 2021 to add to his excellent passing game
Yes i noted his running game. Has a nice step, and some pace.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes i noted his running game. Has a nice step, and some pace.
Did you see much of Flegg this year - Kurtis Morrin was very good in all the games i saw - small for a forward but great defense n effective in hard yard runs

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you see much of Flegg this year - Kurtis Morrin was very good in all the games i saw - small for a forward but great defense n effective in hard yard runs
Few games .... You have a good eye my friend. Tough bugger, love how he holds the ball in two hands. Victor Radley type. Comes from good stock.

I plan on attending as many junior rep games as i can next season, as i think we finally have some real talent.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Few games .... You have a good eye my friend. Tough bugger, love how he holds the ball in two hands. Victor Radley type. Comes from good stock.

I plan on attending as many junior rep games as i can next season, as i think we finally have some real talent.
There are also some good number 9s coming through - most seem to play in the halves as well.
There was winger in HM - only played two or three games - lightweight winger but genuine speed - Mazzone? - i would have thought worth persistng with players with genuine speed.

Hope the club keeps us informed of when trials are being played - alos hope that with covid on the decline taht Gould's summer comp gets off the ground

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are also some good number 9s coming through - most seem to play in the halves as well.
There was winger in HM - only played two or three games - lightweight winger but genuine speed - Mazzone? - i would have thought worth persistng with players with genuine speed.

Hope the club keeps us informed of when trials are being played - alos hope that with covid on the decline taht Gould's summer comp gets off the ground
Love me some genuine speed.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does he bite?