Opinion Chanel Harris-Tavita

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Khaled Rajab would be one in the halves but still a while away.
Young half back in Harold Matts, Iverson Teo, changed the teams fortunes almost single handedly upon his return from injury. So much so they went from not being able to score, to racking up 40 points a game. Even further away than Rajab ( who looks very promising) but definitely one to watch.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
would you rather sign kikau or channel harris tevita and why? we have money for 1 last player on the transfer market and ahve to resign someone from the club for small money like ogden or crichton which is our only choice or sign a young gun from sg balll, harold matthrews or reserve grade?

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
would you rather sign kikau or channel harris tevita and why? we have money for 1 last player on the transfer market and ahve to resign someone from the club for small money like ogden or crichton which is our only choice or sign a young gun from sg balll, harold matthrews or reserve grade?
Neither CHT or Kikau.. we're done pissing our salary cap against a wall.

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@2144superman we actually have money from elliot and we have the chance to sign 1 or 2 players because we have 2 spots left which is 28/30. But before we sacked eilliot, you were right we had no money and we were going to go over the salary cap. But i think we will resign ogden and crichton which will leave us right under $10 million which means people cant say we are over the salary cap.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@2144superman we actually have money from elliot and we have the chance to sign 1 or 2 players because we have 2 spots left which is 28/30. But before we sacked eilliot, you were right we had no money and we were going to go over the salary cap. But i think we will resign ogden and crichton which will leave us right under $10 million which means people cant say we are over the salary cap.
I didn't say we didn't or don't have money, I'm saying we're done pissing our cap against a wall. Phil Gould is a smart operator and won't waste the $500k a season that's now available from Elliots contract. We have TWO spots left to fill and not a great deal over the $500k that's now available.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan? Pearce? Who?
No chance Pearce. Been playing first grade since he was 17. He is cooked.

I would go with Jake. He can’t manage a game but not many halfbacks could at his age. If he comes good Burton and him could be anything as a halves pairing. Running threats on both sides of the ruck. Both good kickers of the ball.

People need to realise halves CAN get better. They do however need some basic tools that can’t be taught. Leg speed and kick power are the main ones. Flanno has neither. Jake has both.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Didn’t he have like two try’s and two try assists all season? He’s one of the few halves out there worse than Flanagan.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Young half back in Harold Matts, Iverson Teo, changed the teams fortunes almost single handedly upon his return from injury. So much so they went from not being able to score, to racking up 40 points a game. Even further away than Rajab ( who looks very promising) but definitely one to watch.
Well said - an informed opinion - both of these players have footy sense - hopefully Rajab trains with the full time squad this preseason. I dont know why he played fullback in Flegg

Another point re the HM team - was it attitude or fitness in the first half of the season that caused their downfall - once Teo(Matai) came back they were very good.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
No chance Pearce. Been playing first grade since he was 17. He is cooked.

I would go with Jake. He can’t manage a game but not many halfbacks could at his age. If he comes good Burton and him could be anything as a halves pairing. Running threats on both sides of the ruck. Both good kickers of the ball.

People need to realise halves CAN get better. They do however need some basic tools that can’t be taught. Leg speed and kick power are the main ones. Flanno has neither. Jake has both.
This is just an opinion thing.

Averillo has done pretty well this year for all the challenges he faced and could learn to be a pretty capable half but I personally see him as a fullback and would want him to replace Dufty for 23, best case scenario.

This also means we have a position for BBO in the medium to long term, who I think is a more natural half then Jakey.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
People may laugh, but I want BBO next to Burts
Yeah he's a real option. Decent game management. Will be better than wakeham and averillo. Wakeham has improved but. I hope the 3 of them feed off each other and may the best man win.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
If schoupp isn't ready by Rd 1 I'd put avo there, maybe cotric and have okunbor outside him