Chad Randall

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Can someone explain his role at the club. If he is defence coach surely we are looking at bringing in Holbrook to replace him. Could this fracture the relationship between Gus and Cam if this does happen?

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone explain his role at the club. If he is defence coach surely we are looking at bringing in Holbrook to replace him. Could this fracture the relationship between Gus and Cam if this does happen?
How does signing Holbrook fix the defence?

The Titans strength in recent times has been their attack.

Their defence hasn’t been their sting suit.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Do assistants just do what the head coach tells them? I assume they would have input. How much of the defensive issues are a result of
1.Strategy that is being coached
2. How the strategy is coached
3. Players not good enough.

Art Vandelay

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s purely to assist in attacking structures.
that’s it.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Randall looks after the attack with potter sandercock is defence with ciraldo ultimately ciraldo over sees it all

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Randall looks after the attack with potter sandercock is defence with ciraldo ultimately ciraldo over sees it all
Pretty sure Sandercock got the punt and now coaches in the female set up?

Edit: I’m wrong.. I think

BulldogsNation

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How does signing Holbrook fix the defence?

The Titans strength in recent times has been their attack.

Their defence hasn’t been their sting suit.
It does nothing.

Holbrook is just being considered if it convinces Tino to come.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the emphasis on attacking and defensive coaches is a crock of shit. The panthers still have the best defence in the comp this year with CC gone.

Fitzy had the roosters as a great defensive team. The sharks defence is shit.

It’s the cattle that makes the difference.

I hate to say it but I fear that CC is making the same mistake with our defence that Baz made with our attack. Both trying to copy a panthers system when the quality of player is like chalk and mouldy cheese

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I think the emphasis on attacking and defensive coaches is a crock of shit. The panthers still have the best defence in the comp this year with CC gone.

Fitzy had the roosters as a great defensive team. The sharks defence is shit.

It’s the cattle that makes the difference.

I hate to say it but I fear that CC is making the same mistake with our defence that Baz made with our attack. Both trying to copy a panthers system when the quality of player is like chalk and mouldy cheese
Yeah true on all fronts. I remember JAC saying that it was a very different defensive system and that it was taking him a long time to get used to it.
if that is coming from a senior player, how the hell are the rookies going to contend with that?

That being said our defence has regressed rapidly since last year and even since the start which tells me a number of the players in the side have been tapped and are just not in it mentally

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah true on all fronts. I remember JAC saying that it was a very different defensive system and that it was taking him a long time to get used to it.
if that is coming from a senior player, how the hell are the rookies going to contend with that?

That being said our defence has regressed rapidly since last year and even since the start which tells me a number of the players in the side have been tapped and are just not in it mentally
Yep and JAC has been ordinary in defence.

Our edge defence is horrible. That first broncos try on the weekend was embarrassing. There was literally nothing on

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Defense is a structure a system, that the whole team not an individual implements. If members of the team do not buy into the structure then it does not work. Its easy for the Panthers to buy in because they have been so successful for so long.

They can work on sideways movement and tackling technique drills but if the whole team are not committed to the system, it will not work.

Attack doesn't need the whole team to buy in