Ch.7 News Tonight

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no evidence one way or another regarding OOs mental health issues, and I’m not willing to call him a liar over it.

Not everyone with these issues turns to coke, but some do. Plenty more turn to alcohol, which does it’s fair share of damage as well.

Good luck to him, he may not have got a new contract but he’s played more NRL than most. Hope he gets himself right and his future endeavours go well.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
So good all these shitcunts are gone

Ogden , Renouf and Elliott all 3 are pathetic

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ofahiki Ogden is fighting for his NRL career after having his drug possession charges dismissed.
The ex-Bulldog has expressed his remorse following the drug charge as he pleads with clubs to throw him a first grade lifeline.

“This is not how I want to be judged,” Ogden said. “Whatever club gives me an opportunity, I will take it with both hands.

Watch the ICC T20 World Cup Final live & exclusive to Fox Cricket, available on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial today

Ofahiki Ogden is training hard on his own to resurrect his NRL career.

Ofahiki Ogden is training hard on his own to resurrect his NRL career.
“This has been a wake up call. I’ve got a young family, I have to make sure I do what I can for them. This has made me realise how lucky I am.”

Ogden was in court last Tuesday after police found two sachets of white powder on his possession last month. The 25-year-old said he was dealing with career uncertainty and injury which clouded his judgment.

“It all adds up to not knowing what I was going to do,” Ogden said.

“Being injured at the same time, it took its toll on my thought process.

“I’ve already started doing some work with younger players, speaking to them about the situation I found myself in and helping to make sure they don’t go through the same.”

The court has ordered ongoing treatment for his mental health after his charges were dismissed.

Ogden is looking for a second chance.

Ogden is looking for a second chance.
Ogden has brushed off advances from Super League clubs with the aim of adding to his 45 game tally.

“I’ve been training and keeping my mind busy,” Ogden said.

“I am trying not to think about it too much. The work I’m putting in will pay off when a contract does come.

“I’ve been up at 5am and training six days a week with (renowned trainer) Justin Lang. I’ve had to keep my mind away from all the stuff that’s happened.

“Everyone was worried about what was going to happen. Leading up to the court case I was really nervous not knowing what was going to happen. I’m ready to focus on the future.”

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wonder if he could have a place with us now.
Asiata is out.
I know they are not similar players but in minimum contract. Another middle
I was always against letting him go to start with as long as he could be resigned dirt cheap. I still reckon he has some potential, just needs to work harder.

We should offer him 1 year minimum wage for depth.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was always against letting him go to start with as long as he could be resigned dirt cheap. I still reckon he has some potential, just needs to work harder.

We should offer him 1 year minimum wage for depth.
Don't think he would want to come back to our club after deciding not to renew his contract....but beggars cant be choosers...woukd sign him on mimimum wage for 1 year....he would bust his guts out to try and secure his long term future

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No , I wouldn't have him back.

He had 3 years to show his worth and prove himself and each season I had high hopes for him but he never kicked on. We could all see his lack of fitness always hindered him. I wonder how many 5am sessions he was doing when he was contracted to us?

If the rumours are true that we offered him an extension earlier in the season but he wanted more money....then this is probably the type of player that Willie Mason was referring to as just "turning up for the paycheck". The club has finally moved on from this type of player

I am all for second chances and and none of us are perfect and he hasn't committed the crime of the century. I really hope he does get picked up by another club and finally reaches his potential. Maybe this wake up call and a change of club is what he needs.

Good luck to him

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Asiata will end up having the vaccination.

Ogden had some ability, but between injuries and not having quality players around him, he was never able to reach his potential.

I reckon he'd be damaging played wide like Jack Hetherington.