CEO candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Graham annesley,
former ref, current minister of sport, don't think he would want to leave his benefits being a P.M though..

d_eye

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We would be great ful, if Costello even considers us.
The guys is a genius and would make our club a very strong power house.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't know why so many people want an ex-politician to run our great club? I want someone with some great business credentials to be CEO, not a grubby politician who will still have agenda's based on party lines. Des will run the football side of things, we need someone with some business nous to run the football club, I don't think an ex-pollie will provide us with that.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't know why so many people want an ex-politician to run our great club? I want someone with some great business credentials to be CEO, not a grubby politician who will still have agenda's based on party lines. Des will run the football side of things, we need someone with some business nous to run the football club, I don't think an ex-pollie will provide us with that.
Mate this is the best treasure country ever had . This guy ran the whole country's economy in surplus for 12 odd years and he took over the job when the economy was in mess (similar to what Todd did to Bulldogs). Costello is the chairman of world bank advisory board not some stupid ass ex politican.

We will be lucky even if he considers the job, but surely we need to get someone like him.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Has Costello even expressed an interest in the job? Is the club chasing him? Is he available? It's a game of hypotheticals at the moment, Grant Mayer is the man for the job for mine. Whoever it is, the board will make the right decision.

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Mate this is the best treasure country ever had . This guy ran the whole country's economy in surplus for 12 odd years and he took over the job when the economy was in mess (similar to what Todd did to Bulldogs). Costello is the chairman of world bank advisory board not some stupid ass ex politican.

We will be lucky even if he considers the job, but surely we need to get someone like him.
He was a good treasurer, not sure if that equates to being a good CEO of an NRL club. There's a lot more to running footy club than the profit and loss statement.

Bashman

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If we can string it out until September, Julia & Wayne might be free. I reckon Dirk Melton. The Dogs rated him highly and he know the inner workings under the current board.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Corey Payne. Very smart and business orientated, local junior, NSW young Australian of the year, currently runs the Churchill foundation, knows the workings of the club plus has the best interest of the club at heart. He also seems to be very good in front of a camera and would have a good relationship with Des.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I really like Corey Payne as a person but he is young in terms of this position. It might be too much of an ask for someone that young and still trying to work his way up in the corporate world to run a multi million dollar business.

I don't doubt his ability but it might be a risk, maybe getting him on the board since he has player experience in the modern era and an education/degrees.

I think we need someone with knowledge about the game, knowledge about business in the modern era and especially in the Western Suburbs, knows what our beloved club stands for and a modern understanding of how things are done in Sydney.

I know the board will choose the right bloke for it and best of luck to our beloved club!

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
Corey Payne. Very smart and business orientated, local junior, NSW young Australian of the year, currently runs the Churchill foundation, knows the workings of the club plus has the best interest of the club at heart. He also seems to be very good in front of a camera and would have a good relationship with Des.
Sounds like a plan has respect of players and staff and most certainly has the knowledge and intelligence

Subwoofer

Waterboy
Reaction score
Code:
It is a big ask for a young person but Payne isn't your average young fella. young nsw Australian of the year with a highly regarded non for profit organization this business resume combined with his footy knowledge equals strong candidate. And hell if Matt gidley can be CEO of knights Payne will have no trouble.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Payne's age shoouldn't go against him. From memory Denis Fitzgerald took the helm at Parra around the same age.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
John Fahey? Although he has a pretty good job ATM with the world anti-doping mob.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Payne's age shoouldn't go against him. From memory Denis Fitzgerald took the helm at Parra around the same age.
I agree. If you're good enough you're old enough. I'm just worried we'll end up with a dinosaur with a tone of experience but no new ideas.

Corey could always do what Smith just did and surround himself with excellent support staff

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Would they not look at Steve Price? He always wanted to get into administration, was a great captain and club man and now has some years of experience in the back office

Status
Not open for further replies.