CC on 360

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lowered my standards and watched 360 tonight after hearing CC was on, and I am glad I did. It was an absolute pleasure to listen to Kent blowing smoke up Gus’s ass when faced with an honest and forthright CC describing the club and how he and Gus play their rolls in it. We are going through some tough times to start this year but I am more convinced than ever that CC is the right coach for this club. When pressed about a timeline for success CC answered that he didn’t know because he hadn’t had the full starting squad on the field yet, let that sink in.
Great pick Gus.
The ability to give a good interview is the first quality I look for in a coach, too.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Watch the kennel throw this bloke straight under the bus when the sharks dust us up
Well if 2 duds like pay and baz got a few years, CC should get 5 years.

Sure his use of the bench has been weird the last 2 games but that wasn't the reason we lost. We lost because of injuries, having the spine of a jellyfish, passengers on the field and the ref's being corrupt/biased/incompetent.

He isn't a miracle worker FFS

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Missed it.. but the positive comments are great, thanks for sharing everyone!!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well if 2 duds like pay and baz got a few years, CC should get 5 years.

Sure his use of the bench has been weird the last 2 games but that wasn't the reason we lost. We lost because of injuries, having the spine of a jellyfish, passengers on the field and the ref's being corrupt/biased/incompetent.

He isn't a miracle worker FFS
Five years is a hell of a long time. I'll cut him some slack for the injuries, but honestly, he has had money to spend and is making the wrong recruitment decisions aka Crichton when we still need a halfback and fullback. He has also told Reed he runs the team which has been an unmitigated disaster. If we aren't in the 8 by next year at the very latest, I'd be punting his anus straight to Uranus, baby!

I'm not sold on him and half a decade is way too long for an unproven entity.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Five years is a hell of a long time. I'll cut him some slack for the injuries, but honestly, he has had money to spend and is making the wrong recruitment decisions aka Crichton when we still need a halfback and fullback. He has also told Reed he runs the team which has been an unmitigated disaster. If we aren't in the 8 by next year at the very latest, I'd be punting his anus straight to Uranus, baby!

I'm not sold on him and half a decade is way too long for an unproven entity.
I can confidently say if we were even close to full strength we could of won more games and sitting in the 8 already. That's even with our jellyfish spine and passengers. Plus he "told" Reed to run the team because obviously nobody trust the spine, especially the HB and FB.

Plus I don't believe for a second that it's only CC recruiting. Gus is really sitting on his hands?

PS I said 5 years because the other duds got 2-3 years of putridness. Hasn't CC already equalled baz's wins already?

EDIT baz had 5 wins in nearly 2 years and 29 losses with a win rate of 15%.

Last edited:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I can confidently say if we were even close to full strength we could of won more games and sitting in the 8 already. That's even with our jellyfish spine and passengers.

Plus I don't believe for a second that it's only CC recruiting. Gus is really sitting on his hands?

PS I said 5 years because the other duds got 2-3 years of putridness. Hasn't CC already equalled baz's wins already?

EDIT baz had 5 wins in nearly 2 years.
I highly doubt that, bro. We got Melbourne and the Cowboys at a very good time. Had a lot of early season good luck to offset the bad luck we've had in recent weeks. Even at full strength I think we lose to Souths and Parra comfortably. Melbourne beat us if both sides are at full strength too.... Cowboys have been poor and a match between us and them at full strength would be a toss up. I think if both us and our opponents had been at full strength in every match, we'd be sitting on 1 or 2 wins, at very most.

Barrett was horrendous. If I'm Gus, I'm not using Ciraldo being a bit better than him as a measuring stick of success.

And we all know Ciraldo is very close with Crichton and pushed hard for his signing.

Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't have a good feeling about Ciraldo and haven't from the start. maybe I'm just jaded because I expected better of Pay and especially Barrett and they both turned out to be flops...especially Barrett. I expected too much, so maybe I am compensating now by expecting little and hoping they surprise me lol

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How predictably moronic was Buzz , " teams shouldn't get 2 points for a bye"like the points matter . . . Everyone has 3, so you could get 100 points for the bye, it still won't matter. But the old fool wants to give teams 1 point for losing in golden point . . . It's not afl you dickhead, you don't get a point for missing
It doesn't matter at the end of the season, but it alters the points table throughout the year. If there were no points for a bye, then the points table is always accurate.

For instance, without the bye points Dragons drop below us from 13th to 15th. Does it really matter? No, but retaining avoidable manufactured confusion is shit.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I highly doubt that, bro. We got Melbourne and the Cowboys at a very good time. Had a lot of early season good luck to offset the bad luck we've had in recent weeks. Even at full strength I think we lose to Souths and Parra comfortably. Melbourne beat us if both sides are at full strength too.... Cowboys have been poor and a match between us and them at full strength would be a toss up. I think if both us and our opponents had been at full strength in every match, we'd be sitting on 1 or 2 wins, at very most.

Barrett was horrendous. If I'm Gus, I'm not using Ciraldo being a bit better than him as a measuring stick of success.

And we all know Ciraldo is very close with Crichton and pushed hard for his signing.

Hope I'm wrong, but I just don't have a good feeling about Ciraldo and haven't from the start. maybe I'm just jaded because I expected better of Pay and especially Barrett and they both turned out to be flops...especially Barrett. I expected too much, so maybe I am compensating now by expecting little and hoping they surprise me lol
Bro it's 7 games....

Plus the teams that beat us got us at a "good time" as well.

Souths and eels on those days would of lost to the top 10 teams.

Those blowout scores don't mean shit. Watch both souths and eels lose this week 13+

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesn't matter at the end of the season, but it alters the points table throughout the year. If there were no points for a bye, then the points table is always accurate.

For instance, without the bye points Dragons drop below us from 13th to 15th. Does it really matter? No, but retaining avoidable manufactured confusion is shit.
Its confusing if you're and idiot, all you need understand is every team gets 3 and at the end of the season, we all get 6 points from byes. You dont need to multiply it by pi and divide it by the current interest rate . . .

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Its confusing if you're and idiot, all you need understand is every team gets 3 and at the end of the season, we all get 6 points from byes. You dont need to multiply it by pi and divide it by the current interest rate . . .
Points or no points means FA but always wondered why they "award" points for a bye.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bro it's 7 games....

Plus the teams that beat us got us at a "good time" as well.

Souths and eels on those days would of lost to the top 10 teams.

Those blowout scores don't mean shit. Watch both souths and eels lose this week 13+
I know it's only seven games in...I'm not saying sack him now, I'm saying five years is way too long to give him to produce results and I don't have a lot of confidence in him. I don't wanna go 10 years without playing finals footy and it seems at very least a possibility at the moment.

Souths and Parra aren't on the level of Penrith or Brisbane this year. They probably will both lose.... but they are still well and truly above our level.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I know it's only seven games in...I'm not saying sack him now, I'm saying five years is way too long to give him to produce results and I don't have a lot of confidence in him. I don't wanna go 10 years without playing finals footy and it seems at very least a possibility at the moment.

Souths and Parra aren't on the level of Penrith or Brisbane this year. They probably will both lose.... but they are still well and truly above our level.
Parra just managed to equal our wins and souths have 1 more than us. Pretty embarrassing being well and truly above our level.

This year was always a rebuild year, but somehow, we are still a chance to make the 8.

IMO, if CC finishes with a better record than Baz with 11 players sitting out then he was the right choice and will improve more next year with at least a better spine.