Castle...your thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I can't say I'm a fan. Nothing she has done as far as improving us on the field stands out to me.
She should consider starting a referee retirement fund :p $100 for every Bulldogs penalty that goes our way with added match day payments. That is sure to improve our on field status with the added bonus of club not having to cop an NRL fine due to Des having a go at the Voldemorts :grinning:

Malla

Reaction score
Her great leadership qualities were exemplified last season after black friday. Any other CEO would have gone off their head at the refs and the NRL for the imposed bans and what not. She handled that with extreme professionalism and sensibility - humbled Klemmer and put King James on notice that he needs to present himself with a lot more professionalism and manner as captain. It was also great the way she presented to the media and handled it - all over within a week.

You can't expect her to be responsible for that happens from a football perspective, that's on Des and his recruitment managers.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
no-one will give a rats arse who she is or what shes done IF des wins us a premiership.

true story brah.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When Raelene Castle cane to the Bulldogs she had a great CV of success in sport administration and business achievements; so I thought "Yep, she's who we need". I also had a badly misguided belief that Greenberg would leave the club with the right person in the top job.

But now... No going in to bat for James Graham after the Souts fiasco and then just sliding away quietly into the shadows and doing nothing about our team. Basically she has failed.

But on a similar note what, if anything are our Board of Directors doing? As I see it Des Hasler has taken total control about who is bought, who stays, how much they're paid and who has to go. And all this has had the club spiral into a vat of shit with no escape hatch available.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What did everyone want her to do about Good Friday?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Her job is to make the club money not run the football club. In that aspect she has done a pretty good job.

The football club as we see on the park from week to week is run by Des and all The major decisions are made by the board. She has nothing to do with that

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Her job is to make the club money not run the football club. In that aspect she has done a pretty good job.

The football club as we see on the park from week to week is run by Des and all The major decisions are made by the board. She has nothing to do with that
He reports to her, and she reports to the board.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like she's just a token female in a male dominated field like Erin Molan on the footy show, put there to improve the image of the club.

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol you people are a joke. Were any of you in thw judiciary room when King Graham was handed his suspensions? How do all you experts know she wasn't in there standing side by side with him?

She is the CEO and as far as i can see, i club is in a great state financially and our future is bright.

What happens on the field is ALL on Des and the players. She has stated many times that she will not tell Des how to run the team and he won't tell her how to run the business.

And for those who think that she has no idea about league, go ask Turvey on his opinion about her league brain. Probably knows more then any of you blokes on here lol. League is in her blood. Her old man is a league nut (ex kiwi coach i might add) and it filtered down to her.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My grandma could run our club with the amount of money that rolls in with sponsors and from the leagues club alone.
I want her out of the spotlight and kicking the recruitment teams arse

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't really see the problem with her. Of course she acts like a politician, its a professional sport and she is CEO of a professional club. Everything is about image. Unfortunate as that may be, its the truth. A lot of people seem to be fairly upset with the way the club and team has been travelling the past few years. Yeah its frustrating that we have won a premiership, but id much rather be supporting the doggies than basket csse clubs like the titans, tigers, eels, knights, etc. I honestly don't think its a gloomy as many are making out.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Re Graham, Yeah, she COULDN'T go into bat for him. The club was in a dangerously precarious position and facing loss of competition points and fines. Had she stood up for Graham, we'd have lost points over Bottlegate, and missed out on the 8. Thus I have no issues there.

My biggest issue with her, is she seems to be massive about charities this, charities that, and yet when I tweeted her just asking for acknowledgement after the loss of my grandmother (who was a lifelong dogs supporter), not even a reply back or a "sorry for your loss".

Yet if my Nan was a kid suffering cancer, she'd be all over it, getting the Bulldogs jersey draped over the kid, and a few star players there to make us look like the loving family club.

Then there's the shafting of Tim Lafai.

It seems she's happy to pull out the "support this charity" or "we are the family club" line ONLY when it suits her best interests to.

Also the blantant lieing shits me. I cannot stand liars.
Also the lack of player profile updates and signings news shits me.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Her new nickname to me is female Pinocchio

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol you people are a joke. Were any of you in thw judiciary room when King Graham was handed his suspensions? How do all you experts know she wasn't in there standing side by side with him?
because it never farking got there you knob...Graham wanted to contest the grading (he said as much in the media after) but Castle told him to take the early plea, then said what a bad boy had been to the press...put grahams balls in her purse and he's never been the same player since

Status
Not open for further replies.