Castle in Trouble ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Dogs' woes just reached the top

There’s been drama aplenty at the Bulldogs in recent months - and I’m hearing there is more to come.
Word from Belmore is that chief executive Raelene Castle is battling to keep her job for next season.
It seems no one is immune from the witch hunt at Canterbury - coach Des Hasler, his staff and the players have all been under the miscroscope.
Several staff members were sent packing, as well as members of the top grade team.
Now the blowtorch is on Castle - a good operator who has had to deal with some tough situations at the club in the war between Hasler and the board over the past 12 months.
It’s been a difficult position for Castle to handle - and inevitably she has made some enemies.
There are elements within the club who want her out - and it will be interesting to see if she can survive what will be a demanding time over the next few months.

SOURCE: http://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...e-castle-des-hasler/8xfua5yjsbia1szn23dt654o7

Last edited by a moderator:

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What war between hasler and the board?... The board only acted once the realised their cushy jobs were in jeopardy... I mean shit, they were about to give him a two year extension a couple of weeks before we were bundled out...
I hope she goes, as she has fostered a culture of ineptitude and mediocrity on and off the field... but this is just another media beat up... #journosmakestuffup... #bulldogssellpapers...

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If I blew my budget by 1.5 mill after being handed 10 mill by the NRL and 4mill by the leagues club id be out on my arse...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
:( my heart sank when I read it was written by The Lurker...

It sank even more when I read this...

Word from Belmore is that chief executive Raelene Castle is battling to keep her job for next season.
Battling to keep job for next season.

There are elements within the club who want her out - and it will be interesting to see if she can survive what will be a demanding time over the next few months.
Clubs don't sack CEO's right before a season is about to start, unless they've done something criminal or inexcusable.

If anything happens regardnig this, it'll be around the time the board get voted on (from memory late next year).

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs have no future while she is there,ever since she turned up dogs have gone down hill and cant even attract players fukin joke!!
The board too must be held accountable for their actions; including signing Rae...

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I really believe if she gets shown the door dog fans will have something to look forward to,things will change straight away and memberships will climb,they cant be that stupid to leave her in charge she has done nothing but cause greif all she is worried about is memberships and charitys and doesnt run that side well, unfortunately a premierships is there only hope to bring numbers in,so realene for the fans u should walk away and go back to netball duties and stick to what u know

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think the novelty of having a female CEO is wearing off quickly with the board, and they are starting to tire of her.

Anyone know if NZ Netball have an opening again?

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
yep Raelene's in trouble alright...... the board just got a list of things Des got her to approve payment for which blew our budget!..... left handed footballs, striped paint, indicator fluid, verbal agreement forms & buckets of steam.....

stclair

Kennel Established
Reaction score
yep Raelene's in trouble alright...... the board just got a list of things Des got her to approve payment for which blew our budget!..... left handed footballs, striped paint, indicator fluid, verbal agreement forms & buckets of steam.....
Take my money now...

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
I think like any organization that isnt performing , the person at the top needs to be accountable at some point..

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
I really believe if she gets shown the door dog fans will have something to look forward to,things will change straight away and memberships will climb,they cant be that stupid to leave her in charge she has done nothing but cause greif all she is worried about is memberships and charitys and doesnt run that side well, unfortunately a premierships is there only hope to bring numbers in,so realene for the fans u should walk away and go back to netball duties and stick to what u know
i wouldnt have though the average fan cares nor follows what the ceo does.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Best thing dogs could do is Axe Castle or pressure her out and i recon the wheels would already be in motion behind the scenes.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For whom the bell tolls hey Raelene, I guess there are those on the board that believe that winning Premierships matters!!!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thats fine Sir, so who would YOU replace her with? please share your thoughts!!

Status
Not open for further replies.