Cartwrights Statement Against Dogs Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Hi all just seen but cannot view an article on another panthers forward (Cartwright) talking about make an impression on the dogs pack. If any of you kind lads could post the article here and possibly email it to klemmer [emoji88] I would greatly appreciate it cheers.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Hi all just seen but cannot view an article on another panthers forward (Cartwright) talking about make an impression on the dogs pack. If any of you kind lads could post the article here and possibly email it to klemmer [emoji88] I would greatly appreciate it cheers.
article on the daily telegraph website [emoji4]

chadiwrx

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Bryce Cartwright to send Kangaroos coach Mal Meninga a message by standing up against Bulldogs’ pack

PENRITH favourite son Bryce Cartwright is out to send a timely message to Kangaroos’ coach Mal Meninga by standing up against Canterbury’s international forward pack on Thursday.

Australia’s new coach revealed on the weekend Cartwright was one player he was particularly keen to watch — and the Panthers’ backrower admitted a solid hitout against the likes of English prop James Graham, Kiwi international Greg Eastwood and returning Origin and Kangaroos’ enforcer David Klemmer would only enhance his long-term representative chances.

Cartwright already has plenty to play for at Pepper Stadium on Thursday with the club to celebrate 50 years.

The players will wear a 1967 commemorative jersey, with members of the inaugural side, including Dave Applebee, in the stands.

No name is more famous out west than Cartwright, with Bryce’s grandfather Merv one of the club’s founding fathers.

His father Dave played first grade, as did his famous uncle John, while another uncle, Cliff, was the original ball boy.

While the locals love him, Cartwright can also further endear himself to Meninga by not backing down against the most fearsome pack in the NRL.

“My dad sent me a photo of the paper of what Mal said, he said, ‘don’t let it get to your head’, but it’s hard not to when you hear and see that sort of thing,’’ Cartwright told The Daily Telegraph.

“Both (a NSW and Australian) jumpers are in my sights, but my No. 1 goal is being my best for this team, and securing my spot each week. If I’m putting my best foot forward here, then they (NSW and Kangaroos jerseys) are a realistic goal.

“The Dogs are the benchmark when it comes to (forward) packs in the whole competition. If you can set the standard there, it will definitely go a long way to putting myself in those positions for personal goals. If I can do it for the team it’s even better.

“It’s always good because you get to challenge yourself as a forward, and it doesn’t get tougher marking up on players like Tony Williams and Josh Jackson.

“We always have good battles with them, so it will be another tough game.

“We just need to hold on to the ball in our own end, not give away penalties when we get down the other end, and if we can do that and hold on to the ball, I give us a massive chance of winning.’’

Meninga wrote in his column for Brisbane’s Courier Mail last Saturday: “With my Kangaroos coaching hat on, I’m really looking forward to watching Penrith’s Bryce Cartwright against my old club Canberra on Saturday.

“I am very excited about the potential this guy brings to the table with his running and passing game, and his aggressive approach. I think he could be a real standout.’’

Cartwright, 21, really came of age last year, and was one of Penrith’s better performers in the opening-round 30-22 loss against the Raiders.

Coach Anthony Griffin didn’t want to put extra pressure on Cartwright, and while he was ‘’an outstanding talent’’, there were still areas in defence he needed to work on.

Applebee, Penrith’s first-ever representative player, said of the club’s latest Cartwright: “He plays above his years, he’s a smart boy, and he makes it look pretty simple.’’

Source

@belmore_utd

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
These are the kind of idiots who come out and do dangerous shit, like lifting, shoulder charging and coming in late on our forwards just to try and prove they're better.

Klemmer did it when he started out, too revved up for his own good trying to stamp his authority. Tapau tried it last week and ended up getting frustrated and shoulder charging James.
Articles like these do nothing for players except get them into trouble. They lose all focus and end up tiring themselves out within the first 20mins or injuring another player when shit doesn't go their way.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Bah, theres is nothing really tasty in there. just the usual pre-scripted answers and standardized questions.

Was hopeful for some Bryce Gibbs-esque pre-game banter and the ensuing knock out punch Omeley battle to follow.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
cartwright is more skillful then physical i expect him to be offloading at will and roaming the field maybe even a chip kick like last season

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Thanks chad. But I digress this article has more benefit to the Dogs complacency then it does for Cartwrights non-existent rep career.

Just for sh!ts and giggles I would frustrate him early by not letting him make his tackles (ball movement, decoys), smothering him and his decoys. and wait for it....wrapping up the ball. Huh bet yas didnt know our players were capable of That little trick. Then finally run some HEAVY traffic at him late in the halves.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These are the kind of idiots who come out and do dangerous shit, like lifting, shoulder charging and coming in late on our forwards just to try and prove they're better.

Klemmer did it when he started out, too revved up for his own good trying to stamp his authority. Tapau tried it last week and ended up getting frustrated and shoulder charging James.
Articles like these do nothing for players except get them into trouble. They lose all focus and end up tiring themselves out within the first 20mins or injuring another player when shit doesn't go their way.
If you get to fired up, you end up doing some dumb shit like this.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
How good was James Fisher Harris. He wasn't afraid of the big bad doggies at all. Got dropped and didnt get to play hahahaha.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Oh ive got to find his social media to "ask" him.

Cartwright was MIA lady night when they needed him.

It was all soward doing the damage last night.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cartwright was ok, for a first grade interchange forward starting off the bench. He could have done a fair bit more than he did, given he was nearly an hour on the field. By comparison his teammate Matagi got 36 minutes and did more runs and metres.

There was nothing in Cartwright's performance that said "Origin" let alone "Kangaroos".

Status
Not open for further replies.