Car insurance

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who are you guys with? mine just went $350 a year so might look around for new policy.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Budget insurance.

I called them direct and they quoted me $30 a month. I went through Iselect and they got me the same insurance from Budget at $23 a month.

Using a middle man sometime is cheaper than going direct as I found for the first time.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Budget insurance.

I called them direct and they quoted me $30 a month. I went through Iselect and they got me the same insurance from Budget at $23 a month.

Using a middle man sometime is cheaper than going direct as I found for the first time.
I did the iselect might go with ing depending on the value of car.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I use budget 'cause they're cheap. But you have to be cautious. There's a reason they're well known for avoiding payouts. If you make a claim, they'll go through everything to see if you made any slight error that could avoid them paying you.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I use budget 'cause they're cheap. But you have to be cautious. There's a reason they're well known for avoiding payouts. If you make a claim, they'll go through everything to see if you made any slight error that could avoid them paying you.
Budget are great - if there’s no incidents.
If there’s an incident - caveat emptor.
I’ve found GIO the best value of reputable insurers.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

even with house insurance?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Budget are great - if there’s no incidents.
If there’s an incident - caveat emptor.
I’ve found GIO the best value of reputable insurers.
I use GIO platinum & have never had an issue

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
even with house insurance?
Yeah. But as long as there's no error in your paperwork then you'll be fine.

Have a friend who worked claims for Budget and Allianz and he got picked on at Allianz for using the tactics he learned at budget. It's more common in car insurance. But they also do it for home and contents. It makes sense because they don't want to lose money, but most insurers will pay out small claims even if something is slightly off, just to avoid getting a bad reputation. Budget go the other way.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I sacked NRMA and went with GIO. No problems and good value.
The Mrs is with NRMA. She has had a few accidents and most of the time they're good. But she had one accident that was major. The panel beaters said it was a write off. NRMA got their own independent inspector in and told them that it could be repaired.

They repaired it, but the car was never right again.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Use the meerkat TBH.

From experience last year in dealing with a stolen car, the budget companies are ok, but you will have to deal with some real idiots when making a claim, and have to do also more legwork yourself than if you went with one of the more "premium" insurers. I had to deal with Allianz about a decade ago on a claim, and they were only marginally better tho.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will look at gio if I can save $30 a month I'll go with them.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gio is $60 a month more than what I'm paying might look at ing saving of $25 a month.

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t be a tightass with insurance come back to bite you 1000x over
I was paying $105 a month now they just put it up to $140. ING same policy and will pay $110 a month why shouldn't I save $360 a year.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was paying $105 a month now they just put it up to $140. ING same policy and will pay $110 a month why shouldn't I save $360 a year.
I meant to say by choosing a reputable insurer only cos I know from experience . Sounds good though