Captaincy

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrCharisma

This isn't a whinge thread about tonights game...

For the past year and a bit, the same question springs to my mind... why is Andrew Ryan captain?

2005 was a shocker, yes... so I'll give him the benifit of the doubt

But 2006 has continued just how 2005 ended. Stupid mistakes, lack of concentration and poor temper control. We are giving away far too many penalities and this is what is going to cost us our title shot.

As for Andrew Ryan, I'm sorry but to me a captain is Inspirational... Andy is level headed like Pricey sure, but he isn't the first out of the line asking for the hit up, he isn't hooking into another tackle.

Just like in war movies, he is a Sergent who stays behind his own lines and gives orders. We need a Captain who is with his men in the thick of everything.

Tony Grimaldi NEEDS to be captain. Experienced, level headed, inspirational, always involved in the play... he is a character we as fans and I'm sure players look up too. I think we need a captaincy switch and it needs to happen now.

By the looks of things, Andy can't control his men on the field and we keep giving away too many dumb penalities. If Pricey was here, he'd put them in line... and that's the captain we need.

Grimmers for Captain!

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
El masri should be captain, he is a great role model so thats another reason as well...

M

MrCharisma

He's a winger.... you can't command the side from the wing. You need either FB or anyone from #6 to #13

W

Winston Smith

mr.charisma - you live in newcastle. how come you didn't go to the game???

M

MrCharisma

I didn't go to the game because I had a drama at work and the guy who was meant to cover me at 1pm so I could travel to Newcastle (I work on the Central Coast) we fired on Thursday because he got into a punch up with his missus out the front of Hoyts... and there was no one else to cover for me until I left at 6pm.

W

Winston Smith

The Entertainers said:
he wanted to keep us updated on the score :P
so you don't know how to log onto leagueunlimited.com. you need him to keep you up to date. you're a lucky man

W

Winston Smith

MrCharisma said:
I didn't go to the game because I had a drama at work and the guy who was meant to cover me at 1pm so I could travel to Newcastle (I work on the Central Coast) we fired on Thursday because he got into a punch up with his missus out the front of Hoyts... and there was no one else to cover for me until I left at 6pm.
you could have pretended that you don't feel well. feeling crap, headache, stomach trouble, etc...

i'm sure if you were at the game we would have won

M

MrCharisma

We still didn't have anyone to cover

If I went, I would have just gotten into a punchup with some Newcastle hick... that's the only difference :p

N00b

Kennel Established
Reaction score
anyone could be captain - Hazem, Willie, Grimaldi... alot of players in contention

W

Winston Smith

this guy the entertainers is actually a moderator on this forum.

serenity now

W

Winston Smith

MrCharisma said:
We still didn't have anyone to cover

If I went, I would have just gotten into a punchup with some Newcastle hick... that's the only difference :p
punch up - why? because you're a bulldog supporter

M

MrCharisma

No because when we lose, I get angry... when someone stirs me, I'll headbutt em :p

W

Winston Smith

MrCharisma said:
No because when we lose, I get angry... when someone stirs me, I'll headbutt em :p
why ???- it's only a game. you head butting people every time we lose is not going to help to improve the image of our club

disappointed in you charisma. you should know better than being provoked by hicks

A

Abz

Either Brent Sherwin or Willie Mason IMO - Maybe even Grimmers... but he looks like more of follower to me...

H

Hazmak

Grimaldi:
Advantages:
-Leads by Example, especially tackling
-Plays 80 mins
-Plays in the middle of the park (as opposed to wing or fullback etc)

Disadvantages:
-Lacks almost ZERO attacking prowess
-Isn't vocal enough
-MOST IMPORTANTLY, this is his last season, so him being a "transit captain" would be useless

Willie Mason:
Advantages:
-Leads by example
-GAMEBREAKER i.e. he can open up a game with one barnstorming run, or offload, or big hit
-VERY vocal, so he can calm the team when they lose their cool, and can psych em up in attack / defense

Disadvantages:
-Lacks discipline
-Doesn't go for 80
-Media doesn't like him
-Refs don't like him

Hazem El-Masri
Advantages:
-He is the SENIOR member of the bulldogs (been there since '96)
-GAMEBREAKER: "4" becomes "6" 82.5% of the time, surprisingly good finisher i.e. can take 8 players over the line with him, and manage to score
-well disciplined
-plays 80 mins

Disadvantages:
-Sits out on the wing, so he can't communicate too much in defense
-I dunno how vocal he can get, and how charismatic he is i.e. whether he can psych a team up, or tell em to clean it up...

So...its really tough to decide who the captain's gonna be

Maza

Reaction score
as much as i love grimaldi, we cant hav him coz its his last year

will be interestin 2 see wat happens with the captaincy

smarty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
folkes is too conservative, he'll probably keep ryan there.

Status
Not open for further replies.