Opinion Captain Super Flop (Powder Puff) RFM [RANT]

Is RFM the worst captain of the Bulldogs?

• Yes

Votes: 60 82.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hands down the worst, all our captains throughout the last 2 decades have been leaders.

Jackson
Graham
Ennis
Ryan
Price
Britt
Lamb

Then you have RFM ..
None of those were Club Captains they were NRL Team Captains.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where is he hiding?

If he doesn’t aim up, his contract should be ripped up. I’m am sick of hearing how nice of a bloke he is. If you aren’t up to the job it doesn’t matter how nice you are.

He is closing in on Sharon Woods level of pea heartedness if he doesn’t perform in 2024.

Also why did James Graham have a go at Davey being out played but refused to name captain marshmallow?
He was never captain bud

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've never been RFM's biggest fan. Always thought that he could be dominant if he'd showed more aggression. And early in his career he drove me nuts with the way he'd try to combine ballet with football. His habit of trying to hit the line, spin, back away try to step outside the defenders then hit the line and spin again. By this point he'd lost 5m and been put on his back for a slow play the ball.

He dropped the attempts to be elusive when he should just hit it up hard years ago. But I still think he's been a bit guilty of giving his best primarily when contract renewal is coming up. I recall a few seasons when he's been a noticeably more interested.

But if he can push out around 100m a game at prop this season and maintain a high tackle completion this season he'll be invaluable.

Balls in his court really. I hope he just decides to aim up. I don't actually think he's a terrible player like many do. I just have the opinion that he could've been a beast if he'd applied himself more. Let's just hope his last year's with us are his best.
Great post, your description of how he tries to bend(?) the line is spot on. To add to what you've said, when he does that spin/back away he tries to use his arms to push the defenders off rather than his body to actually knock them over which just adds to the ineffectiveness.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fans like myself have had enough of the mediocrity.

When they got booed off at half time against Knights was a defining moment.

Otherwise if we don’t voice our anger we get a Luke Brooks situation. Mediocrity over a decade and fans accepting it and standards being lowered.

Ciraldo needs to pick a captain that will lead by example. A mediocre captain will not drag this team up the ladder.

I’ll also give you an example with Paul Gallen. Was in a shit team for years, always busted his arse. Through his consistency and actions on the field he was able to be there for the good times and remain as captain.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
This rubbish of having 3 different captains has to stop. It backfired in 2023 and it is embarrassing.

First mistake against Ciraldo was stuffing up the Averillo selection. If he stuffs up the captaincy without learning from 2023, that will be the 2nd.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post, your description of how he tries to bend(?) the line is spot on. To add to what you've said, when he does that spin/back away he tries to use his arms to push the defenders off rather than his body to actually knock them over which just adds to the ineffectiveness.
Soft is the word. Same in defence, all grabbing and dragging, no driving the ball carrier with force.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

dawso047

Kennel Established
Reaction score
At this point in time RFM should be starting in NSW Cup, considering last seaon. The elephant in the room for the club is that King is reasonable as an NRL prop, but is not elite, there is then day light second. Knight and Sutton were fringe first graders before coming to the Dogs, Hughes and Patolo remain fringe first graders but have youth on their side Edwards and Morrin can't even jag a top 30 deal.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Holdsworth syndrome, is he the shittest guy that ever lived?
Lets see how he plays first, he,s gunna need encouragement
Won't be long and we will all be under pressure to perform.
Do you all stack up as positive vibe producers, big job for everyone

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
At this point in time RFM should be starting in NSW Cup, considering last seaon. The elephant in the room for the club is that King is reasonable as an NRL prop, but is not elite, there is then day light second. Knight and Sutton were fringe first graders before coming to the Dogs, Hughes and Patolo remain fringe first graders but have youth on their side Edwards and Morrin can't even jag a top 30 deal.
Our middles will perform above expectations in 2024.

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our middles will perform above expectations in 2024.
if we can achieve that then we will definitely expect a massive season compared to last year.