Cap doesn't fit for Bulldogs but Pay upbeat about sore Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate he was a complete physical wreck when he came to us, hes a walking chronic injury, all the injuries he has now have been well documented before you guys got him.
He wont last long for you guys, he was a shocking buy for you guys that has zero upside.

But dont worry, we spent 400k a year for 3 years for Jane Evans who is a complete pretender and cat, we all make bad buys that go against any logic.
I’ll see your Jane Evans and raise you a Sharon woods lol

Last edited:

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Every side we play is running big traffic at Foran (as any side would) I’ll be surprised if he lasts the season I like the bloke but physically he’s done

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If we let the Morris brothers leave the club is ****ed .. they dont even have anyone to replace Montoya with at moment.. what will they do next year to replace our best winger and best centre.. FMD

Were losing Eastwood, Graham & Perrett will be off our books, the cap is going up, how cant they afford the Morris bros at 400K

You dont build a team by letting your best talents go, I know there are alot of haters but the Morris boys re still very good in their positions

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, you are basing your whole argument on foran being paid $1mil a year, but there is absolutely no proof he is on this much. In fact most people were thinking it was more like $650k.
Also Eastwood is not on $800k per year, its just back ended. So if you averaged it out then it would be a lot less.
So basically your whole argument is flawed. Perhaps you should do your research first or just not make rediculous claims.
Eastwood is on 800k this year and it does not matter that he was on 250k last year. Because of the stupid and flawed backended theory just like negative gearing, we lose out by having to release good players and recruiting shit because of the accumilation of backloaded contracts.

It was a stupid strategy that totally backfired.

Foran is on "average" on 1 mill a year, but its "just backended"

We had no issues with our cap until Foran and Woods were signed. We than had to release Graham & Kasiano to stay under the cap and now we have 800k to spend on what 14 players? which includes the funds leftover from Morris bros, Eastwood, Graham & Kasiano contracts?

Current players who are on backloaded contracts are calculated on a % basis with the cap increase per year.

Funnily enough, Morris Bros are on 750k each, Eastwood on 800k and Graham 500k(from Dogs) comes to a total of $2,800,000 which gives you 2 mill between foran and woods and the 800k leftover for the 14 players off contract? Coincidence?

Do the math numbnuts

Last edited:

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stop blaming the rest if the spine , firstly Reynolds with his limited abilities was able to work with the crap spine and what was his excuse last year with probably the best spine ever on paper.
Nz whole spine was out of form last yr.. Reynolds didn't do anything apart from what Reynolds does.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eastwood is on 800k this year and it does not matter that he was on 250k last year. Because of the stupid and flawed backended theory just like negative gearing, we lose out by having to release good players and recruiting shit because of the accumilation of backloaded contracts.

We had no issues with our cap until Foran and Woods were signed. We than had to release Graham & Kasiano to stay under the cap and now we have 800k to spend on what 14 players? which includes the funds leftover from Morris bros, Eastwood, Graham & Kasiano contracts?

Current players who are on backloaded contracts are calculated on a % basis with the cap increase per year.

Funnily enough, Morris Bros are on 750k each, Eastwood on 800k and Graham 500k(from Dogs) comes to a total of $2,800,000 which gives you 2 mill between foran and woods and the 800k leftover for the 14 players off contract? Coincidence?

Do the math numbnuts
Part of that 2mil is already part of the cap.. It wouldn't be a million pay rise each next rather a few hundred gz

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score

Do the math numbnuts

Mate dont even bother with Dib's cronies

As you eluded to we had no cap issues until Foran & Woods were signed over.

Because of the backloaded contracts and the ridiculous amounts given to Foran and Woods we have lost Graham, Kasiano and Reynolds and now add Josh Morris, Brett Morris and Eastwood to that list.

Eastwood aint a loss and neither is Reynolds at his hefty price tag but we have lost 6 players for 2 players, one which is a broken man and another forward who was never going to fit within our structures.

Every team has improved or stayed on par with recruitment and retention but our club has gone up shit creek because of the previous fuckwits.

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Even Pay has conceded that Foran is broken and cant wait for the season to finish, while the Foran ball lickers on the kennel, who spend 10 hours a day at Belmore and monitor Forans body, recovery and progress are qualified to label "Foran will come good", "Foran needs help because 1m a season isnt enough"

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Firstly, I have nothing against Foran. He plays harder than most and a fit and healthy Foran is an asset to our side. But I have to question the process of his signing by Hasler, Dib and Castle which knowing now was a total disgrace on a professional level.

In most professional sports before signing a player he/she will have to face a physical medical assessment. It was well known of Foran's pre-existing physical injurie's that were hindering him from being at the top of his game that would justify a million dollar contract.

Foran of late has openly admitted his struggles with a bulging disc which is a cause for concern and has to be managed every week. Now, if the result of a pre-existing injurie/s like Forans bulging discs, shoulder and knees were evident in a medical assessment prior to signing then how could they take the risk and pay him a million dollars a year for a player who has struggled to play a full season for the past few years?

I have no doubt that medical staff acknowledged his injuries but they were brushed aside which is nothing short of unprofessional operations from Hasler, Dib and Castle.

An absolute disgrace!!
Castle definitely did alot of shit but it was Dib & Des who fucked us royally as Castle had no idea or nothing to do with the recruitment of Foran and Woods, something which was confirmed by Woods and Dibshit himself

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think Foran was signed very cheap. It wasn't about the money, it was about not many clubs giving him a chance (or being the right place for him).

I also wonder if the club was intending to advise about the cap, or if this article just backed them into it.
The members received an invite 2 weeks ago to the club on 17 May. Pay scheduled to address members.

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I cant believe the shit Foran cops from his own teams fans. Even playing injured he is the best half we’ve had for years...
Woods has been ‘disappointing’ (ok i toned it down somewhat) but i think most on here forget that his strength is off loading in traffic, not the big settlers of some front rowers. He needs guys running off him in traffic or he looks like he has been, useless.
I believe the team we currently have running around is capable of winning games, we just haven’t been and thats the obvious problem.
Winning breeds confidence and confidence makes you better, simple as that.
Until we manage to string a couple of wins back to back it is going to be crap but thats all thanks to the past management/coaching staff...complete and utter rubbish.
We just have to stick by these guys and the coach or we end up getting worse and being a Parramatta or Tiger style club thats accepts mediocrity.
Stick by our team people, we dont have any other choice.
(And hope we never get Sutton again)
A true Dogs supporter... I can't believe you didn't use the word C.. t when talking about the coach and the players like the whingers on here.

Reactions: DT

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Common sense and there’s been an absolute myriad of reports (believe what you will) since he was signed that he’s on 800-900 per year - I’m betting it’s backended also.

I honestly think you can’t not believe he’s on that much. We were a desperate club run by monkeys.
It is

Magilla

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Are we still paying any of Lloyd Perret’s contract?
I honestly think the club needs to take some of the money Hasler was wasting on video sessions and invest in a team to
manage our cap. This can be done in house or by a firm but that’s how it’s done in the US and we would hopefully not be caught with our pants down again.
New people at the helm.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Even Pay has conceded that Foran is broken and cant wait for the season to finish, while the Foran ball lickers on the kennel, who spend 10 hours a day at Belmore and monitor Forans body, recovery and progress are qualified to label "Foran will come good", "Foran needs help because 1m a season isnt enough"
He looks like he isn’t 100%. How a million dollar half back only touches the ball a “few” times in a half and does very little kicking is beyond me.

I thought he just wasn’t a first receiver but the more I watched the more evident it was he wasn’t 100% and I mentioned it a few weeks ago.

Hypothetically Lichaa, woods and Foran would be on huge back ended deals. Jackson, mbye, klemmer would be on incremental contracts (they rise every year and would definitely have cap increase payouts too). A Sunday playing hoppa would be cashing in on previous quiet seasons. The “best prop” in the world wouldn’t be on peanuts.

So when people think where is the money with 2.5 million or what ever coming off the books. The reality is say “hypothetically” woods, foran are on 350 each this season and lichaa is on 90k (pulled the figures out of my ass). Lichaa could be in for a 300-400k+ increase next season (could be 700k who knows?). If Foran and woods are half a million or more under paid. It will catch up eventually.

Raelene has no idea and should have shut this down years ago. You can’t justify spreading a million dollar contract and back ending it.

Fact is we are in cap trouble. Hypothetically if it’s 800k left for 14 players we could give parra a run for its money in terms of worst salary cap cheats in history (in terms of money spent on talent).

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ll see your Jane Evans and raise you a Sharon woods lol
On a serious note i can promise you Sharon is 5 times the player Jane is.

At least Shazza can have a few good games with a few good runs and offloads, Janes got none of that unfortunately for us.

$400K for a Wenty standard forward for 3 years is hard to cop.

Status
Not open for further replies.