Cap doesn't fit for Bulldogs but Pay upbeat about sore Foran

Status
Not open for further replies.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I told you guys we shouldn’t sign him when we saw him last year at the warriors.

He just looked like a 60 year old old there, busted back, shoulder and hamstrings. The hey days of Manly were a long time ago.

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Firstly, I have nothing against Foran. He plays harder than most and a fit and healthy Foran is an asset to our side. But I have to question the process of his signing by Hasler, Dib and Castle which knowing now was a total disgrace on a professional level.

In most professional sports before signing a player he/she will have to face a physical medical assessment. It was well known of Foran's pre-existing physical injurie's that were hindering him from being at the top of his game that would justify a million dollar contract.

Foran of late has openly admitted his struggles with a bulging disc which is a cause for concern and has to be managed every week. Now, if the result of a pre-existing injurie/s like Forans bulging discs, shoulder and knees were evident in a medical assessment prior to signing then how could they take the risk and pay him a million dollars a year for a player who has struggled to play a full season for the past few years?

I have no doubt that medical staff acknowledged his injuries but they were brushed aside which is nothing short of unprofessional operations from Hasler, Dib and Castle.

An absolute disgrace!!

Exactly my point... a lot earlier in the year were crucifying me blaming foran for his lack of involvement in the game. But a lot have come to see the truth the last couple of games. He always goes mia and a lot of the times it’s the back end of the games when we need him the most. I think a lot of that has to do with a mixture of confidence and injuries. I don’t ever think we will see the manly foran again and I also do not think he worth 1mil by any stretch.

Dib Des and castle should be ashamed of them selves slapping so much of our cap on a busted player. He seems to be one small injury away from being seated for a long period of time. And for them to risk signing such a injured player was nothing short of psychotic.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are we still paying any of Lloyd Perret’s contract?
I honestly think the club needs to take some of the money Hasler was wasting on video sessions and invest in a team to
manage our cap. This can be done in house or by a firm but that’s how it’s done in the US and we would hopefully not be caught with our pants down again.

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wanna know what the fuck parra and the warriors did to him.

He was alright at parra, still had that speed, but ever since he collected that shoulder injury, the mental issues and the warriors, the press seems adamant his busted and or broken. And it looks like it’s partially true.. a 28 year old Hobbling to the bathroom? Wtf?
Mate he was a complete physical wreck when he came to us, hes a walking chronic injury, all the injuries he has now have been well documented before you guys got him.
He wont last long for you guys, he was a shocking buy for you guys that has zero upside.

But dont worry, we spent 400k a year for 3 years for Jane Evans who is a complete pretender and cat, we all make bad buys that go against any logic.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Foran was signed very cheap. It wasn't about the money, it was about not many clubs giving him a chance (or being the right place for him).

I also wonder if the club was intending to advise about the cap, or if this article just backed them into it.
Foran signed a $3m 3 year deal. 1st year 650k while year 2 & 3 backended

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pay said I probably didn't do any favours rushing Greg Eastwood back with pretty much no off season under his belt. Then the bloke does the same thing with Clay Priest and says pretty much the same thing. What a dumb ****, anyways good to see Renouf To'omaga debut this week.
Personally I think it's a excuse to not make the player feel bad or look bad in the media that he has been dropped. Some coaches do that for the players, it's pretty shitty thing to do but some do it

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have nothing against Foran but he’s definitely not worth the contract and has done nothing in the past few seasons to justify that contract. No wonder we are in salary cap hell. The smarter thing to do would have been to play the Frawley’s of the world and save that money. They would have no problem leading us to a 2-5 record and the spoon.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Foran on 650k is already too much money, literally backloading contracts for no reason. Same with Eastwood, got a 2 year extension for the 17/18 season. 250k last year and supposedly 800k this year. What kind of stupid do you have to be to think Eastwood was worth anywhere near 525k a season?

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In all seriousness that is a ridiculous statement.

Foran is being paid $1m a season where he is probably worth $300k based on his physical outputs.

Noone is doubting Forans talent and toughness but the bloke is simply broken down and you will never get back to your top physical fitness after suffering multiple injuries.

Majority on here have the opinion that Moz bros. have lost there speed and are on their last legs, i agree, and no they will not get there 750k per season again. A reduced rate quiet possibly though even that is up for debate.

To say foran is better than what we have had in a long time on $1m per year playing on one leg and with one hand is absolutely ridiculous. Players are investments, and we sure as hell aint getting our monies worth for Foran and Eastwood who is on 800k.....

Did we get our monies worth for players like Keating & Reynolds? I think we did as they wernt on mega deals. Reynolds recieved a supposedly 800k deal from the Tigers which in my opinion is overs and the club did the right thing as he aint worth 800k but fucked up signing another busted half for a million a year.

It quiet possibly will take us a few years to recover now and our main goal should be our juniors and saving the cash for a proper recruitement drive which does not include signing players based on their "smile" as Cleal so famously eluded to
I guarantee you Forans salary is very reasonable and we got a very good deal to have him onboard.
While he hasnt set the world on fire just yet i believe he has been consistently one of our best in a team that has been underperforming for years, things will get better.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have nothing against Foran but he’s definitely not worth the contract and has done nothing in the past few seasons to justify that contract. No wonder we are in salary cap hell. The smarter thing to do would have been to play the Frawley’s of the world and save that money. They would have no problem leading us to a 2-5 record and the spoon.
Fuck Dib and Des

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Foran on 650k is already too much money, literally backloading contracts for no reason. Same with Eastwood, got a 2 year extension for the 17/18 season. 250k last year and supposedly 800k this year. What kind of stupid do you have to be to think Eastwood was worth anywhere near 525k a season?
2 words "Des stupid"

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is even worse is he backended contracts for players who were and are in their twilight years.

Stewart Bros
Matai
Watbro
Eastwood
Graham
Morris Bros
Foran (who walks around like a 90yr old)

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guarantee you Forans salary is very reasonable and we got a very good deal to have him onboard.
While he hasnt set the world on fire just yet i believe he has been consistently one of our best in a team that has been underperforming for years, things will get better.
One of our best of the shitest players.

Fair dinkum

Des Haslers magic number was 3

3m 4 year deal mbye
3m 4 year deal klemmer
3.5m 4 year deal jackson
3.5m 4 year deal woods
3m 3 year deal foran

Not to forget 2 year extension having him earn over 3m with performance clauses (making the 8, yadda yadda yadda)

Last edited:
Reactions: DT

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm the first to defend our players but Foran has been very poor so far this year. Only set up 1 or 2 tries in 9 games and has made 10 handling errors already.
He is a great player on his day and I'm hopeful he can improve but we have not come close to seeing the best of him yet and there's no denying that

Reactions: DT

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The definition of lunacy is picking up a guy with a bulging disc and bad knees to play a heavy contact sport & who hasn't played well for over 3 seasons. The reality is we signed Foran and Woods when we should have been battening down the hatches for all the back ended deals that were coming home to roost like a tsunami.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm the first to defend our players but Foran has been very poor so far this year. Only set up 1 or 2 tries in 9 games and has made 10 handling errors already.
He is a great player on his day and I'm hopeful he can improve but we have not come close to seeing the best of him yet and there's no denying that
Hard to judge when there is nobody else to help him in the spine..

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard to judge when there is nobody else to help him in the spine..
Stop blaming the rest if the spine , firstly Reynolds with his limited abilities was able to work with the crap spine and what was his excuse last year with probably the best spine ever on paper.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In all seriousness that is a ridiculous statement.

Foran is being paid $1m a season where he is probably worth $300k based on his physical outputs.

Noone is doubting Forans talent and toughness but the bloke is simply broken down and you will never get back to your top physical fitness after suffering multiple injuries.

Majority on here have the opinion that Moz bros. have lost there speed and are on their last legs, i agree, and no they will not get there 750k per season again. A reduced rate quiet possibly though even that is up for debate.

To say foran is better than what we have had in a long time on $1m per year playing on one leg and with one hand is absolutely ridiculous. Players are investments, and we sure as hell aint getting our monies worth for Foran and Eastwood who is on 800k.....

Did we get our monies worth for players like Keating & Reynolds? I think we did as they wernt on mega deals. Reynolds recieved a supposedly 800k deal from the Tigers which in my opinion is overs and the club did the right thing as he aint worth 800k but fucked up signing another busted half for a million a year.

It quiet possibly will take us a few years to recover now and our main goal should be our juniors and saving the cash for a proper recruitement drive which does not include signing players based on their "smile" as Cleal so famously eluded to
First of all, you are basing your whole argument on foran being paid $1mil a year, but there is absolutely no proof he is on this much. In fact most people were thinking it was more like $650k.
Also Eastwood is not on $800k per year, its just back ended. So if you averaged it out then it would be a lot less.
So basically your whole argument is flawed. Perhaps you should do your research first or just not make rediculous claims.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
First of all, you are basing your whole argument on foran being paid $1mil a year, but there is absolutely no proof he is on this much. In fact most people were thinking it was more like $650k.
Also Eastwood is not on $800k per year, its just back ended. So if you averaged it out then it would be a lot less.
So basically your whole argument is flawed. Perhaps you should do your research first or just not make rediculous claims.
Some people do have inside information. Unfortunately things get leaked out. It always happens at every club.
Unless you have been told directly from someone within the club in a high position about players salaries then it’s very poor form to guess.

You can take this to the bank: Foran is on $3m plus over a three year period. The media have reported this already, and they are spot on this time.

Those three idiots Dib, Des and Castle shouldn’t go anywhere near a footy club ever again. They make Malcolm Noad look like a champion administrator. We got screwed deluxe!!

Status
Not open for further replies.