Canterbury Vs Melbourne Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
http://www.nswrl.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=25547&nsw-cup-team-lists---round-10

Romelo back to 5/8, and one Sione Kite is back from injury and starting! Juicy encounter on the cards... see you there 3pm.

Bulldogs

1 Trent Cutler
2 Heka Nanai
3 Shane Neumann
4 Daniel Rauicava
5 Junior Tia-Kilifi
6 Joel Romelo
7 Josh Reynolds
8 Brad Morrin
9 Nathan Smith
10 Benson Tupou
11 Jake Foster
12 Daniel Harrison
13 Nathan Benney

14 Tim Winitana
15 Harlan Alaalatoa
16 Joe Matapuku
17 Kose Lelei

Coach: Justin Holbrook

Storm

1 Justin O’Neill
2 Dane Chisholm
3 Willie Isa
4 Chase Stanley
5 Luke MacDougall
6 Gareth Widdop
7 Luke Kelly
8 Jesse Bromwich
9 James Woolford
10 Sione Kite
11 Fred Makimare
12 Hep Cahill
13 Billy Rogers

14 Sinbad Kali
15 Mananui Te Hue Hue
16 Dale Langford
17 Pulou Vaituutuu
18 Jy Hitchcox

COACH Tony Adam

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Is Danny Williams injured?

ThePedigree

Blue Ribbon
Reaction score
^^ Yeah I'd say so. Came off in the second half with an ankle or knee injury I think.

morgandogs

ARMIT LOVE
Reaction score
wini aint gonna be at the club next year by the looks of it if i cant even make the run on team

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Wait, which team was Terry Lamb coach? I thought he coached NSW Cup..

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Wait, which team was Terry Lamb coach? I thought he coached NSW Cup..
He coached the Bankstown Bulls in NSW Cup last year. He stepped down to take another position within the club.

Justin Holbrook is coach this year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah should be able to make this game. Quiet weekend trying to catch up on sleep from a big week at work last week (16 hr days = not fun).

Mash

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He coached the Bankstown Bulls in NSW Cup last year. He stepped down to take another position within the club.

Justin Holbrook is coach this year.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Lamb works in our Marketing Departement.

L

Lennie

At the crest? sweet. Cant wait to line up 20 mins to get a sausage sandwich cus some ****in 15 year old takes 10 minutes to get the onions out the container.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
MATCH REPORT:

Storm: 31
Bulldogs: 18 (Barba, Nanai, Rauicava) iirc.

I got there about 10 minutes into the match.

Nathan Benney came off with a knee injury, and Tim Browne copped a knee injury, had some work done on it, but finished the game on field.

All in all good and bad signs. The team lapsed really bad in some area, and in others found some excellent attack.

Foster, Morrin, and Browne had good game, Romelo was very consistent as always too.

Barba played a full 80 minutes in the Second Row and caused problems for the defence including scoring a try.

Another guy who deserves mention is Daniel Rauicava, who was dynamic, aggressive, and broke the line a number of times. Could be in line for a first grade spot over origin time.

Nanai scored a try, but that side of the field was were a few tries got scored in the second half. Couldn't see who was responsible though.

Cutler also looked to have a good game as well.

All up disappointing as we lapsed badly at times and that cost us.

Harrison showed why he won't be in first grade soon. Shows up in defence, but in attack he's rarely seen/missing in action.

I'll have my shots up soon, including a few that will make Captain Kickass squeal like a schoolgirl on formal night!

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs 18
Tries: H Nanai, S Neumann, D Rauicava, B Barba
Conversions: B Barba

lost to Melbourne Storm 31
Tries: J Oneill, D Chisholm, W Isa, C Stanley, B Rogers
Conversions: G Widdop 5
Drop Goals: L Kelly

Josh Reynolds did not play and was replaced by Ben Barba. Kose Lelei was left out. Barba played half, scoring a try from support and threw a cut out to Nanai to score. He didn't have the spark like he did yesterday due to the late call up.

Benney was injured early after making a tremendous charge to the try line but in the process injured his ankle. He had ice on it as he sat on the bench.

Tim Browne was outstanding with the runs he had. Must have made 150m plus in yardage and 10m a carry. There was one run where he fended off 2-3 Storm players, went backwards 10m then somehow beat them all and made 20m burst. Browney made a last ditch effort to pull off a trysaver and missed, injuring his knee in the process. He came back on in the last 10 and continued to run hard.

JTK had a quieter game compared to last week whilst Daniel Rauicava showed some speed and evasiveness against the opposition. Once Rauicava was off and Winitana slotted to the centres, the Storm made some easy line breaks targeting Winitana and Barba.

Harlan once again showed promise with some good strong charges. Morrin and Foster toiled hard. Harrison had a quiet game and didn't get involved as much. Foster would have the edge on him at this stage.

Cutler had a good and bad game. The bad coming at the end, spilling a bomb and causing an error in an effort to offload. Trent is more effective at pivot.

Romelo did not have his best game to impress. Was found in defence early as the Storm put set plays and misread the defence. He tried hard and it wasn't his day. If Ennis is selected for SOO as expected, it will be a tough decision as Nathan Smith had a better game than Joel Romelo. Point of difference is that Romelo can play a number of positions (hooker/five-eighth/lock). That would be to his advantage if Moore wanted to make some positional changes during the Panthers game.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Kite was like a man possessed for the Storm.

Though there was one HUGE Brut Big Hit between him and Morrin at one stage. Morrin I believe leaving the victor out of it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.