Canterbury try to find Moses Suli accommodation closer to Belmore amid reports the troubled recruit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CANTERBURY officials are trying to find accommodation for boom recruit Moses Suli to live closer to Belmore amid reports the troubled former Wests Tiger has received multiple warnings for being late to training.

Reports surfaced on Thursday saying Suli had been sent home from practice after a number of disciplinary breaches during the past fortnight.

It was suggested the new Bulldogs recruit had received two warnings after being late for multiple training sessions and failing to finish several others.

Suli lives in Fairfield with his family and doesn’t drive as he is on his L Plates.

It’s understood the Bulldogs have held talks with the 20-year-old’s management about the rising back relocating to be closer to the club’s Belmore base.

However, these plans are still in the discussion stage and no decision has been made.

It comes as Suli’s manager Mario Tartak emphatically denied reports suggesting his client has been sent home from training, saying the Tongan representative is making impressive progress at the Bulldogs.

It’s understood the troubled back has lost five kilos since joining Bulldogs after being released from his $1.3 million dollar Tigers deal in late January.

Tartak, though, says there is no truth in Suli receiving repeated warnings for turning up late to training or failing to finish.

“The story that has been published is not true and the kid absolutely loves the Dogs,” Tartak said.

“He hasn’t been late to training. There was one day he went home because he was sick after one session, but he never got sent home.”

The Bulldogs have shut down rumours over the former Tiger. (AAP Image/Darren Pateman)
Bulldogs officials also refused to respond to “random” reports that Suli has been reprimanded for disciplinary reasons.

“We don’t want to add fuel to any random, tattletale story that comes out on NRL.com,” a spokesman said.

Despite this, new Canterbury coach Dean Pay is determined to set a high standard at the Bulldogs this season.

Pay recently dropped fellow recruit Fa’amanu Brown to the reserve grade training squad for failing to uphold club expectations.

Suli has shown an improved attitude at the Bulldogs and the club wants to ensure the talented youngster has every opportunity to fulfil his potential.

It’s why Canterbury officials are trying find the rising Tongan a place close to the club’s Belmore headquarters. Suli has signed a three-year deal with Canterbury.

Khan00

Banned
Reaction score
Why would they have to find him babysitters closer to Belmore if none of the shit today didn’t at least hold some truth?
They're not built the same these days, too fragile.
Maybe so the travel is not so much of a burden on him and gives him no excuse to rock up to training even 1 min too late (if it is the case) also, I suppose till pay gets him to were he wants him, mentally wise.

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uber or taxi anyone???? With the amount of money he makes what’s say $100 a day to get to and from training!!! Honestly...

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Once again the media prove their ineptitude! What are we to believe??
Hope its the latter and perhaps he was late to training once.
Im not holding my breath, but i would love to see him come good. I guess we will see....

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The only thing that stood out to me the most.

20 years old still on he's L's? What the fuck. Get some motivation.
Yeah thought the same thing. Anyways let's take it for a spin and let Pay chew him a new one for awhile! Sacrificial lamb to teach some discipline......OR it pays off and he comes good. Glad we took the risk, one day it will pay off.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

i rkn every 2nd nrl " next big thing" are 103 and on there L's

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Well when you have people driving you around everywhere there is no need for a licence

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Up and comers get the train, if he can't work a train out then we don't really want a meat head.
If the trains are late, blame the Government fiasco and he keeps his spot, simple.

shaun5150

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Already this kid is a waste of time. FFS. If he can't man up, fuck him off.
I thought we had cap issues anyway

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Why would they have to find him babysitters closer to Belmore if none of the shit today didn’t at least hold some truth?
Club also refused to deny or confirm the story, obviously something to it. You would have to be pretty stupid to throw away the chance this kid has.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fairfield to Belmore is one train line and takes less than a hour. How is this kid an adult lol.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
20 year old. Still on his L Plates.

Yep... Laziness confirmed. Just give the guy some driving lessons and get him a car.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Ill give him a break, but it at least sounds like he needs to grow up and start taking responsibility for his own actions.
If the club wants to move him closer then he must be having trouble getting to training.
Moving closer would help, as would getting P plates, but Suli should always give himself more than enough time to get there by however means and make it a routine.
On a positive note, if he is actually loving it at the Bulldogs and has lost 5kg already then that's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.