Canterbury (NSW) Cup - Round 11 - Team and Game Discussion

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Round 11 - Bulldogs vs Mounties
Sunday 26th May 11:45am @ Belmore Sports Ground
Game Link: https://www.nswrl.com.au/draw/nsw-cup/2019/round-11/bulldogs-v-mounties/

BULLDOGS TEAM
1. Connelly Lemuelu
2. Tui Katoa
3. Morgan Harper
4. Kerrod Holland
5. Isaiah Tass > replaces > 5. Christian Crichton (recalled to NRL for injured Okunbor).
6. Fa'amanu Brown > replaces > 6. Jesse Marschke (dropped to Ron Massey).
7. Lachlan Lewis > replaces > 7. Alex Seve (Flegg have a bye).
8. Francis Tualau > replaces > 8. Jack Nelson (moves to bench).
9. Michael Lichaa (named on extended NRL bench and will drop back).
10. Renouf To'omaga
11. Bronson Garlick
20. Raymond Faitala-Mariner > replaces > 12. Javvier Pitovao > replaces > 12. Tony Matautia (dropped to Ron Massey Cup).
13. Kayne Kalache

14. James Roumanos
15. Jack Nelson > replaces > 15. Austin Dias (moves to 19th man).
12. Javvier Pitovao > replaces > 16. Dalton Smith > replaces > 16. Elie El-Zakeham (dropped to Ron Massey Cup).
17. Zac Hetherington > takes spot vacated by > 17. Dalton Smith

19. Austin Dias
Coach: Brad Henderson

Bulldogs News:

Lachlan Lewis and Fa'amanu Brown have been named in the halves.
Francis Tualau returns to the side in the front-row.

Isaiah Tass, Zac Hetherington, Javvier Pitovao all promoted from Jersey Flegg (bye this week).

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Mounties Team
1 Daniel Roberts
2 Tony Satini
21 Reubenn Rennie
23 Harley Smith-Sheilds > Sebastian Kris
5 Andre Niko
6 Ata Hingano
20 Brendan O'Hagan > 7 Aidan Sezer
8 Emre Guler
14 Kyle Patterson > 9 Tom Starling

10 Royce Hunt
11 Reuben Porter
12 Jarrett Boland
15 Dan Keir > 13 JJ Collins

13 JJ Collins > 14 Kyle Paterson
16 Steven Tavita
18 Dwayne Mariner
25 Sam Duggan

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Sadly not televised as I'd love to see how Tass, Pitavao, and Hetherington go. Good chance to try them with the bye in Flegg, and Mounties are beatable (but leading Canterbury Cup).

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sadly not televised as I'd love to see how Tass, Pitavao, and Hetherington go. Good chance to try them with the bye in Flegg, and Mounties are beatable (but leading Canterbury Cup).
i like this move .. using reserve grade for its intended purpose (blooding kids) and perfect time to do it..

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Lewis is too good for Reserve Grade.

I can handle Cogger being the better choice at the moment, but I can't handle Lewis not being good enough to make it in our 17 somehow. We were okay with Brown and Lichaa wasting a spot on the bench, but Lewis supposedly isn't good enough.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

I can handle Cogger being the better choice at the moment, but I can't handle Lewis not being good enough to make it in our 17 somehow. We were okay with Brown and Lichaa wasting a spot on the bench, but Lewis supposedly isn't good enough.
He's better served playing a full match of reserves instead of junk minutes off the bench.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's better served playing a full match of reserves instead of junk minutes off the bench.
I think it would do him a world of good playing the game from the "outside" (In the centres for example) rather than be locked in the middle where he's maybe lost sight of what he needs to do as a Half.

I do still believe he's our future 5/8 though.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think it would do him a world of good playing the game from the "outside" (In the centres for example) rather than be locked in the middle where he's maybe lost sight of what he needs to do as a Half.

I do still believe he's our future 5/8 though.
Fair point but I don't really agree, I just don't see any sort of 5/8 in him, he has absolutely no running game and lacks any sort of speed and footwork. He needs to go back to reserves and execute the basics of halfback play or start bulking up and moving into the backrow, otherwise I doubt he sees much first grade ever again.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see Tass being poached by another club. Keeps on improving.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

From what I've heard Lewis requested to go back to reggies to get some confidence back in his game.

When fully fit:
1. Leumelu/Nu Brown
6. Wakeham
7. Lewis
9. Lichaa/Nu Brown

That spine will do some damage with the backline we have.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've heard Lewis requested to go back to reggies to get some confidence back in his game.

When fully fit:
1. Leumelu/Nu Brown
6. Wakeham
7. Lewis
9. Lichaa/Nu Brown

That spine will do some damage with the backline we have.
If that's the case just shows the class he is to request to go back to Reggie's to get his game right hopefully he back in 1st grade soon

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fair point but I don't really agree, I just don't see any sort of 5/8 in him, he has absolutely no running game and lacks any sort of speed and footwork. He needs to go back to reserves and execute the basics of halfback play or start bulking up and moving into the backrow, otherwise I doubt he sees much first grade ever again.
This is something I’d expect from Mr I to say not you. To write off a 22 yr old and say he most likely won’t play much first grade again is a bit much IMO.
Being dropped to NSW Cup to work on his game could be the spark that he needs to regain some form.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
This is something I’d expect from Mr I to say not you. To write off a 22 yr old and say he most likely won’t play much first grade again is a bit much IMO.
Being dropped to NSW Cup to work on his game could be the spark that he needs to regain some form.

Clearly you don't know NabFab then... he takes negativity above and beyond any other poster here.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I didn't write him off, I said he needs to go back to reserves and get the basics right otherwise he won't be back. Montoya just did it and has come back stronger for it.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I vividly remember a young bloke called Turvey Mortimer being dropped to Reggies to work on his defence because it was so far behind his attacking game.. he became to my mind one of the best cover defenders we have had. Confidence needs building and here is his chance against a pretty solid Mounties side.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Finally, finally, TWO games on the one day for us....blooding some young fellas too...

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben Marschke is playing Sydney Shield this afternoon so it’s safe to assume Lichaa will be playing CCup tomorrow.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looking at these two teams on paper the Dogs should be winning this 13+

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Halftime Dogs 32 Mounties 16

Tries