Canterbury not in crisis: Ennis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Renegade

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Canterbury skipper Michael Ennis says the last-placed Bulldogs are not a club in crisis despite the looming departure of chief executive Todd Greenberg and ongoing rumours of player unrest.

Ennis claims all the innuendo can be put to rest with some wins, which have so far proved elusive for last year's minor premiers, who have a dismal 1-5 season record.

"Everyone in our playing group is happy," Ennis insisted.

"The friendships that are in amongst this team, people don't understand that externally.

"I know first-hand that these players in our playing group want to be here and they want to play for the Bulldogs.

"We just need some results on the field and we'll move forward."

Two players central to many of the rumours have been Ben Barba and Josh Morris, who have both been linked with moves away from the club.

Barba is three games into a comeback following a club-imposed ban, when he was sent to a rehabilitation clinic to deal with a variety of personal problems.

But last year's Dally M player of the year has failed to fire in his return to the field, leading to speculation he could be released to join Brisbane as he attempts to get his life and career back on track.

Morris was linked with a return to his junior club St George Illawarra, a rumour the Test and NSW Origin representative wasted little time in rubbishing.

"Never, ever have I once asked for a release," Morris said.

"These rumours have all come about while we've been in this losing patch.

"I've been getting texts left, right and centre from my mates coming up with the most ridiculous rumours possible.

"We need to get a win this weekend and hopefully those rumours start to go away."

As desperate as the Bulldogs will be on Sunday, their opponents Cronulla aren't much better off with just two wins from the opening six games.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Josh said he never asked for a release on Instragram a while ago.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
all we need is wins, and when we start winning, the "bulldogs over salary cap" rumours will start again

we are a team that non bulldog supporters really REALLY hate, and i love that :grinning: but the rumours will never stop

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
I cant believe the Josh rumour keeps going around. I'm sure I read somewhere that the reason he left the Dragqueens was so he wouldn't always be compared to Brett. He always said that he wanted to make is own mark in the league. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The disturbing thing is there are people trying to destabilize the club with this ongoing trouble making, good to see the boyz come out on the news and declare they are sticking together.

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ennis is a great captain he's got great leadership, solid and consistent, great composure and calm to handle things but um just listened to his interview... nearly dozing off.. to the..nearly ten minute..monotonous voice of his..zzz

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paul Kent doesn't give up !! He is still going on about something happening in the dogs team . Ben ikin put it to rest straight away and shut his mouth , gzzz he pisses me off !!

Status
Not open for further replies.