Canterbury legend Jim Dymock to quit Bulldogs over Dean Pay coaching appointment: The Mole

Status
Not open for further replies.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The mole rumors doesn't interest me...
Dymock was a great player and is a great person but that doesn't make him a great coach,
Jimmy has been serving his apprenticeship for way too long and should have been looking for his opportunity long ago, this is not a good sign.
What if Hasler's position was different and stayed on for 10 more years...what then ?
I am not doubting his ability, he could become a great couch.
But my question is...Does he have the will to take on the next step ???
Or is happier being comfortable ???
Only Jimmy could answer that.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First thought is, this is a mole article, so i will take it with a grain of salt.
Its a real shame if he leaves, and i feel for the guy given how much effort he has no doubt put in over the years, but the most telling thing for me is that if its true that dib asked the players opinions on the coaching position then they obviously didnt fully endorse him as the best choice.
I think the club made the right choice. A brand new coice was needed. Not someone that they have been listening to for several years already. Im fact its probably a better idea for him to move on to another club. We need new people with fresh ideas. People like Hetherington and Kimmorley would be great imo.
It will be sad to see you go if its true Jimmy, but from a club perspective i think Dean Pay was the right choice.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have a lot of time and respect for dymock so I can't bag him.

If you are to believe the rumours dymock ran the training sessions for the last 3 games. The result was 3 wins. If you add that to the end of 2011 he has an 80% winning percentage (ok this is all speculation and innuendo).

The fact of the matter is Dymock has done 13 years at the club post 1995. He has worked under 3 coaches and filled in successfully in 2011. He started our preseason in 2012 (which took us to the gf and was the best season under Hasler). This doesn't guarantee he is a top coach. But he deserved his shot. 12 was supposed to be his year but Greenberg said he'll get his shot after Haslers 5 year deal (which was bumped up a year early and ended up being 6).

Dymock was a skills coach for nsw and by all reports was very crisp and switch on with his drills. He was short listed as a Penrith coach but preferred to stay at the dogs and build his experience under Hasler to get a shot eventually. He has been to many semi finals over the years. Why do people that say he was under Hasler too long when pay has been under Stuart Longer. Stuart and pay have made 1 top 8 in 8 years. Stuart is a 40% coach since the first 3 years at the roosters (one of the worst records for any established coach in the nrl). Pay as an assistant is around 40% win rate.

So you blame dymock for not changing attacking structures under a dictator that would not only control onfield but the off field and contracts too. Yet no one says anything about pay who was part of a semi final team that flopped in 2017.

Pay might be a great coach. He may be better then dymock. But for mine dymock did his time. He has been at the club for 13 years post his playing days. He knows the players and the way they want to play. He knows how to fix the attack (evident in the last 3 games) he will drop under performers. When you have 3 candidates so similar and so inexperienced for mine you go with someone that has given almost 20 years service. Not someone who left in 95 and hasn't been seen since.

Like I said pay might do an amazing job and I'll be very supportive of him. But the treatment of dymock wasn't correct. And it follows the treatment of graham, Pritchard, ennis and the rest. Same way we supported graham during Black Friday. We have now dicked jimmy just as hard for the 2nd time.

If dymock has aspirations to be a full time nrl coach then I hope he gets his chance because I'm sure he will do a great job. Not only one of the hardest players of his time but had the silky skills that revolutionised the way the game is played today. Was a player that could smash you wish a shoulder in defence then beat you with a step and a magic offload in attack. And we will lose a very well respected person if he does leave.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think Dymock should try for a head coaching job in the English super league. Once he's had some success he'll be more likely to get a head coaching position in the NRL.

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
He will get his chance one day... not sure he is ready .. he has been assistant and needs to also be accountable for what has transpired over the last couple of years. I would give georgallis a go as assistant .. has done a great job with nsw cup

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do feel a little for JD. If the club wasnt sure he would one day take the reigns from Hasler then perhaps they should of let him go earlier. JD is paying the price for being under Hasler for so long and with the way his tenure ended. He is also paying the price for being too close to the players.

It will be sad to see Jimmy go with sand in his VJ but it is also his choice to leave. He and Pay would have made a good team but I think Pay will be the better decision for head coach.
Jimmy should have resigned either when Des supposedly got the two year extension or at least during 2017 when things were going pear shape, and put some crap on how Des was coaching the team like Turvey and Baa did. The way he followed Des or at least appeared to may have convinced Dib and the board that he was to weak to be head coach.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I get the disappointment but those roles are no different both those coaches arent going anywhere

Imposter

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He would of taken us backwards even more if he was appointed head coach,wasnt he our attack trainer anyways

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He needs a change and so do we. Time for fresh thinking.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well now Jimmy...............if thats the kind of poor attitude you chose to adopt after coming second, may I ask you to be so kind to please pack your shit out of your rusty locker, then come and see me personally and I will be more than happy to drop you off at Belmore Railway Station in about 5 minutes.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need someone like Reni Matua back in our fold to work within the club in some capacity [emoji6].
I find his really matured as a person, always thought he was guna be a goose forever! And some of the insight he gives is second to none! He could defiantly point out the fuck ups he had to the young kids n keep em on the right path

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
What a dick so he will be an assistant coach for another club but not the dogs.
Yeah true but if he goes to a club where the current coach has been there for a while and could possibly get sacked he might get a go...

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah true but if he goes to a club where the current coach has been there for a while and could possibly get sacked he might get a go...
But very unlikely at the 2 clubs mentioned

Status
Not open for further replies.