Canterbury legend Jim Dymock to quit Bulldogs over Dean Pay coaching appointment: The Mole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be for the better of the team. New faces around the place with new ideas. Everything and everyone were looking stale. Hopefully someone like Brett Kimorley or Michael Hagan will come on board and inject a new lease of life.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
to be fair he got dicked some many times now over the years, i can't blame him he want to grow as a coach not continuously shadow somebody else.
Yes can't blame him but what did he learn under Hasler? Not much I don't think and would have been very risky move to put him in as head coach where as Dean Pay over the past few years has learnt various styles from good coaches and with his own ideas was the best option. Good luck Jimmy

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.. lol.. Anyway I understand how he feels..but Dean Pay has plenty of runs on the board..did a SUCCESSFUL apprenticeship and is as tough as old boots..exactly the attitude the Dogs need..

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard not to do a emotional decision in his position.

But tbh, the way we cycle through coaches, you'd think he's a better shot here than anywhere else.

Brad Arthur and flanno have the roster for a strong run for years to come. We have a new coach and somewhat of a fucked up cap situation. Chances are dean pay will get the flick sooner than the other two.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We don't blame him for looking elsewhere being understudy for so long, but, realistically, his chances of becoming head coach are at the Bulldogs more so than at Eels or Sharks. If I were Dymock, I'd give it one or two more years, if Pay doesnt improve the club, Dymock will get his chance, but I think Pay is the best man for the job and we have heard some really positive thoughts from the horses mouth.

Perhaps a fresh start for everyone is required.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Not a bad thing, has done nothing in the last few years. He left us for parra at the end of the day. Lets have a complete fresh start. If he had any sense at all he would see that Hasler's tactics were not working and left rather than being a yes man.
Pay also left us for Parra at the same time as Dymock!

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
For all we know he was part of the problem, this can only help usher in more of the change we desire.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I’ve seen Dymock do is kick the ball around while the team are warming up

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I like Dymock as he was a club legend back in his playing days, to spend 6 years under Haslers mentoring has this guy thinking like Fraudsler, if Dymock really loved our club and wants to bring it back the DNA and glory days we once had then he would not want to leave and sign with another team and do the same job which is be an assistant coach!
To me it does not make sense leaving the club you love and support when they need you the most and taking on the same role with a competitor... If true Hasler has also tainted Dymocks thinking the last few years therefore maybe it is time to part ways as we have said many times, we need a MASSIVE clean out from what Hasler did to our team for more than half a decade now!

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
to be fair he got dicked some many times now over the years, i can't blame him he want to grow as a coach not continuously shadow somebody else.
Fair call but he still is going to be an assistant for a while.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
il believe it when it happens .. Moles got a 10% strike rate ..

some of us niff-nuffs on here are more accurate with our inside info

Last edited:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ray Dib never wanted dymock
Ray Dib told dymock to interview knowing full well he was no chance and pay had the job
Dymock and dib obv don’t see eye to eye
Dymock is off contract as of 1st November and til now wasn’t offered a contract as staff

Dymock is going to parra
End story

Chana

Waterboy
Reaction score
looks like it may be true.

Pay poaches Panther for coaching staff

The Bulldogs are mainly recruiting former club greats to form new coach Dean Pay’s staff but one exception will be Mounties coach Steve Antonelli.
A Panthers junior who played a handful of games for Penrith in the 1980s, Antonelli is a great choice.
He is highly regarded in the NSW Cup, where he has done great things with Mounties, and has the experience and people skills to help Pay through what is certain to be a difficult transition.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cant blame the bloke if this is true. But we know the Moles strike Rate.

Would be a shame, and this goes against what Pay is trying to bring back to the club. Not that he has any say in if Dymock leaves, but I hope it aint true.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I do feel a little for JD. If the club wasnt sure he would one day take the reigns from Hasler then perhaps they should of let him go earlier. JD is paying the price for being under Hasler for so long and with the way his tenure ended. He is also paying the price for being too close to the players.

It will be sad to see Jimmy go with sand in his VJ but it is also his choice to leave. He and Pay would have made a good team but I think Pay will be the better decision for head coach.

Malla

Reaction score
It isn't a bad thing he is gone. He would have had Des Haslers blueprint stamped in him, would have deployed the same bullshit Des did. I like this move if he is done, fresh new start with new ideas and faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.