Canterbury Heavyweight Division

Status
Not open for further replies.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watching the Storm game yesterday I noticed Dale Finucane has trimmed down and is looking very fit. Marty Tapau seems to have trimmed down and has packed on muscle without retaining water.

Does anyone else think we have a lot of players who seem to be on the heavy side?

players who stand out are Lafai, Jmoz, Trex, Pritchard, Kasiano, Kaufusi and L.Perrett.

i dont know if its the new Bulldogs cafe or the Greek Gyros next door

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lloyd has trimmed down imo, but everyone else has stacked it on. Our players physical conditioning looks terrible to other clubs players..

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lloyd has trimmed down imo, but everyone else has stacked it on. Our players physical conditioning looks terrible to other clubs players..
Lloyd has trimmed down since last year and i hope he continues it that way. His body is making that transition from NSW Cup to NRL though I am not sure what is going on with the clubs diet/fitness program.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Our players look like they just came out of the pub

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Watching the Storm game yesterday I noticed Dale Finucane has trimmed down and is looking very fit. Marty Tapau seems to have trimmed down and has packed on muscle without retaining water.

Does anyone else think we have a lot of players who seem to be on the heavy side?

players who stand out are Lafai, Jmoz, Trex, Pritchard, Kasiano, Kaufusi and L.Perrett.

i dont know if its the new Bulldogs cafe or the Greek Gyros next door
Laf and JMoz have bulked up. Trex has always been a massive unit. Kas has slimmed down quite a bit. Pritchard was off injured for a while and missed some of the off season.

I don't think any of them are overweight per se.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I don't think any of them are overweight per se.[/QUOTE]

Bulking up muscle mass for example Like marty taupau is different to the bulk our players carry. Our players look like they just put on fat not muscle. That comes down to conditioning and the way des wants the players physique

Buffalo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The current dogs physique is fatness not fitness. They are overweight and if they are not fit then they should not be playing - its a professional game for professional athletes.

The club supposedly has the best equipment bought at great expense as one of the tools entice Hasler here but it is obviously broken or not working.

Our team's conditioning is terrible and it is coupled with a "I do not care" attitude from the players. There is NO penalty for poor form or poor fitness - our guys are lazy and it shows in the attitude and results. The guys with enough self respect like Jackson, Tolman, Perret, Browne, Graham are worthy of our jersey. The young guys that are hungry to prove a point , Mybe, Rona, Licha are putting in- the rest can all go back to where they came from.

Pride in what you do starts with you and how you prepare. If the players are ignoring that then there is a bigger issue at play and the question becomes one of Hasler losing the respect of the playing group.

Before everyone jumps up and down and comments on the loyalty that hasler instills , let me tell you, Loyalty is always a 2 way street and at the moment I do not see it, it is not reflected in any of our plays.

e

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kasiano TRex Hodko Especially dont look like their in peak shape

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
The current dogs physique is fatness not fitness. They are overweight and if they are not fit then they should not be playing - its a professional game for professional athletes.

The club supposedly has the best equipment bought at great expense as one of the tools entice Hasler here but it is obviously broken or not working.

Our team's conditioning is terrible and it is coupled with a "I do not care" attitude from the players. There is NO penalty for poor form or poor fitness - our guys are lazy and it shows in the attitude and results. The guys with enough self respect like Jackson, Tolman, Perret, Browne, Graham are worthy of our jersey. The young guys that are hungry to prove a point , Mybe, Rona, Licha are putting in- the rest can all go back to where they came from.

Pride in what you do starts with you and how you prepare. If the players are ignoring that then there is a bigger issue at play and the question becomes one of Hasler losing the respect of the playing group.

Before everyone jumps up and down and comments on the loyalty that hasler instills , let me tell you, Loyalty is always a 2 way street and at the moment I do not see it, it is not reflected in any of our plays.

e
Very true, top post.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Eastwood and Graham are also a bit flabby.

I don't care what they look like, but what they do on the park.

pupmichelle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

e
Sad but true

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I said in the game day thread, I have played in park footy teams with less fatties than the dogs lol. They are a full time pro team how can they have physiques like they do lol it amazes me. The amount of food they must be eating to keep there fatso bodies must be astronomical.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Good example is glen stewart. They said when he was at manly the pre season wasn't intense training and weight loss wasn't a huge thing. He went to souths and maguire said bullshit we train and your stripping down. I dont believe des really flogs them in the pre season. Thing is des was a fitness freak weird we have what looks like the unfittest in the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.