Canterbury deny lining up replacement for coach Des Hasler

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR SS

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The Canterbury Bulldogs have flatly denied they have another coach waiting in the wings as the club’s directors prepare for a board meeting today to sort out the future of current NRL mentor Des Hasler.

Amid speculation the relationship between Hasler and the club has become untenable, a host of potential suitors has been linked with the Bulldogs, including 1995 premiership winner Dean Pay.

The Australian has learnt Pay has been told of the interest being shown in him by the Dogs and has been open with his current employers Canberra about his desire to pursue a head coaching role.

Current assistant coach Jim Dymock is another contender well-versed in the Bulldogs’ ethos and is likely to play a big role in the club’s future. Significantly, he and Pay share the same management.

Other former NRL club coaches Ivan Cleary and John Cartwright are also understood to be interested if a head coach vacancy arises at the Bulldogs.

Was reading through this then in the comment section someone posted this:
silvertail47 October 14, 2016 at 9:07 am

Breaking news , Des will be at Manly next year , Pay will be coach of the dogs in 2017 ,,, you read it here first

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Well we know our club has a tenancy to spread B/S - and if things are to stay consistent, Des will be boned!

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
After hearing rumblings about Trent Barret at Manly on Monday, I sent the following email to the boys at Talkin Sport. So I actually agree with your "breaking news".

Email -Hi Boys. Seems the coaching merry go round is just about to heat up. Gerred Condon says that Trent Barret might not start the year as Manly coach. The Bulldogs board is saying "Hasler must be top 4 for an extension. In my opinion, Hasler knows he's no longer wanted at Canterbury but won't leave without the dosh. If the Bulldogs dont sack Des this Friday, I think he will do exactly what he done when he left Manly in reverse & announce before the 2017 season that he has signed a contract to coach Manly in 2018 & force the Bulldogs hand. Your thoughts boys?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Of course they haven't organised a replacement, we are talking about the Bulldogs here....

Status
Not open for further replies.