• Total voters

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Give Des a call
Too bad Ciraldo's in his 1st year of a 5 year contract* and the club will probably give him at least 3 years. Hasler will never be back at dogs due to the past.

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CC has the same issues which Barrett had

They have their own style they want to play, though they do not have the players to execute the game plan

He needs to work with what his got, and he cannot do that

i.e poor man manager

Webster has done wonders at the Warriors this year after so many years of utter shit from them and their past coaches

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ciro needs to throw the money ball selections out the window

Playing small ball doesn’t work either

I don’t understand his bench rotations either ..Des was the only coaches of this current failed era that knew how to rotate a fkn bench

Patolo 15 mins …injured ?

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m calling it early our team of 2022 will win more games than our 2023 team
That’s with the with extra rounds as well

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

They have their own style they want to play, though they do not have the players to execute the game plan

i.e poor man manager

Webster has done wonders at the Warriors this year after so many years of utter shit from them and their past coaches
and this is the post of the thread .
Both Barrett and Cc trying to make them play like the panthers but don’t have the side . Just like these storm assistants that became coaches and failed they tried playing like storm without the spine to pull it off .

Why is Barrett a good assistant coach but not head coach , because they get him to build upon what is already in place , not change things

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys all the above coaches would perform with a better squad, take your 2 best forwards out of any team and you would struggle, then throw into the mix a Average fullback and a 18 yr kid at 6, hey the Club is rebuilding

bulldog butch

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What's everyone's opinion about our reserves coach Tangata-toa?
Massive difference between reserves and 1st's I know but he plays a good style of footy... They seem pretty well drilled.
Think we blew it when we signed Ciraldo.
Experienced coach was needed and whether you like him or not Flanagan was prob the best option.
We didn't learn from our mistakes with previous rookie coaches and it was so obvious we needed experience.
Our squad is so not up to 1st grade it's not funny.
Even Burton is not working out for us, sure his not our biggest issue but what he is delivering is short of what's needed from him, he may have made origin but that's due to his form from when he was at Penrith.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Why is Barrett a good assistant coach but not head coach
For the same reason he'd make a great flight attendant (he has the name for it) but a crap chief pilot...two completely different jobs, the latter in both cases well beyond his skillset.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The coaches always get the blame. I guess it goes with the territory.
However, the roster we have is reserve grade standard. Ciraldo has probably done a fair job considering his roster.
It raises another issue.
Is Gould a magician or a myth?
Name me a player who he has recruited that has performed at a high level. I cant really think of one.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Our side has been a coach killer for years. Today im not raging at all coz i expected the outcome. Hynes having a blinder today was a given, since his team got belted last week and he got dropped from origin. And we had no spine. When i heard Burton was going to origin as 18th man i was like uh oh. We were going to lose with him, but without him we were fodder
Someone making sense

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope you’re right.

Many were saying the same about Barrett.
TBaz was sh!thouse, should have done much better than he did particularly in his final year with a decent squad to work with, he was overly conservative and he coached with a severe case of “fear of losing his job” from day 1.

Ciro has shown more than TB in his first year at the club bearing in mind he’s had a ridiculous amount of adversity to work under - be interesting to see how he goes next year with a better roster…at the same time, if we don’t have a winning record in 2024, he’s going to go into the sh!t coach basket

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Massive difference between reserves and 1st's I know but he plays a good style of footy... They seem pretty well drilled.
Experienced coach was needed and whether you like him or not Flanagan was prob the best option.
We didn't learn from our mistakes with previous rookie coaches and it was so obvious we needed experience.
Even Burton is not working out for us, sure his not our biggest issue but what he is delivering is short of what's needed from him, he may have made origin but that's due to his form from when he was at Penrith.
I'd bring him in as Attack coach - I can't see any improvement in our structured attack from the end of last year or this year. What is worse this year is our usual scrambling defence to hang in there is also gone...

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

i.e poor man manager

Compare the Warriors roster to ours compadre, it’s nowhere near a fair comparison. Agree that Webster has brought the best out of this Warriors squad compared to previous Warriors squads with equal talent.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciro over Pay, Potter was decent but he had the luxury of a strong healthy forward pack that included Vaughan, Jackson & Thompson + Hetherington and Ava… if Ciro had those guys all available - he’d be doing much better.

Ciro will prove to be the man, we need to see the forest through the trees.
I hope you're right. I respect the faith given to CC, as i dont see it right now.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is the type of rookie coach that should be hired , not assistants . He is head coach of your club side . He knows the existing squads well and what is coming through the grades and more importantly you know what they offer .
As far as I’m concerned if clubs in general don’t think their 2nd grade coach is up to the task of coaching their main what’s the use of having them coach your next cab of the rank players