Canterbury coach: Dean Pay dumped as Trent Barrett and Bulldogs move closer to three-year contract

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I cant say Barrett is the answer with that win/loss record especially when comparing rosters him and Pay had at their disposal. I think the board is going to fuck this up royally to be honest.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard it’s Arthur Coorey who has set this up through Gould to sign Barrett. Be interesting if true
Makes perfect sense - it has to be something to do with Gus. The board probably listen to Gus so going after Barrett would be based on his recommendation
Gus has good instincts so if Barrett is the coach I'll support him for 18 months....unless he starts picking Lewis in the 17

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I said this before we got rid of pay I said numerous times in here that the board or ceo needs to come out and update not only us but the media and the players otherwise we will be more hated by the media .. since then we are again the hated club .. sickens me and severely pisses me off .. just a dog act by the club I have never been this angry I know we needed a new coach but this is the wrong way to do it..
he may not be the coach for us going forward but you can see he loves the club, and tried he deserved respect cause he did make us not give up . I’m losing faith in the bulldogs cause at the end of the day the club is only as good as the people running it and I honestly believe this board will fuck us financially .. anyone seen the businesses Anderson has run? From memory it’s 3 down the gurgled and in debt. And with covid 19 it’s a dire time .

If 2008 and 2020 met and fucked and by some miracle haslers baby and Lynne andersons baby met and by some miracle those babies met and fucked then our board is what that creation would be .. a utter pile of shit

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I cant say Barrett is the answer with that win/loss record especially when comparing rosters him and Pay had at their disposal. I think the board is going to fuck this up royally to be honest.
Sad to say but true .. I got faith in Barrett but this board I dont

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why the fuck have they taken away the X and rainbow thingys..?

I would slamming the fuck out of them at the moment..

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Look, there’s no doubt it’s a risk. But as much as having an experienced coach come in and lead a rebuild would be nice, the idea of a young up and coming coach who has a good footy brain and can completely revamp our attack appeals to me. One that would be motivated to prove himself after his time at Manly and one that seems to have quite a bit of respect from players, which will help with recruitment.

The key will be to surround him with assistants that can help with other aspects that may not be his strength, i.e defence.

Like I said, it’s a risk but so would any other coach to be fair short of somehow securing Bellamy. One thing I do know despite all the bleeding hearts out there is Pay was absolutely not up to it. Good squad, bad squad - he is not a head coach. The more Bulldog hating journalists and ex players like Paul Kent, Danny Weidler, Laurie Daley, etc cry about it the more it re-enforces it was the right call.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I said this before we got rid of pay I said numerous times in here that the board or ceo needs to come out and update not only us but the media and the players otherwise we will be more hated by the media .. since then we are again the hated club .. sickens me and severely pisses me off .. just a dog act by the club I have never been this angry I know we needed a new coach but this is the wrong way to do it..
he may not be the coach for us going forward but you can see he loves the club, and tried he deserved respect cause he did make us not give up . I’m losing faith in the bulldogs cause at the end of the day the club is only as good as the people running it and I honestly believe this board will fuck us financially .. anyone seen the businesses Anderson has run? From memory it’s 3 down the gurgled and in debt. And with covid 19 it’s a dire time .

If 2008 and 2020 met and fucked and by some miracle haslers baby and Lynne andersons baby met and by some miracle those babies met and fucked then our board is what that creation would be .. a utter pile of shit
You can see pay loves the club?
How?