Canterbury Bulldogs rookie Francis Tualau set for NRL debut after turning down Des Hasler once

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Like others have said , there's no way the guy will get a second chance even if he's man of the match..Des has his favourites already picked out
image.jpg

Reactions: GDR

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In first grade under the tutorage of the "master coach"

He will catch the ball flat footed, be over used in the opposition 10 for hit ups (making 1 meter every run) he will take 2 steps in defence and stand there, and he will make him fat and unfit.

Lots to look forward to for him :tearsofjoy: good luck to him this weekend though :tearsofjoy:
Dear o Dear.... you are a barrel of laughs, I can hardly contain myself!!

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Hits like a freight train, built like a brick shithouse, and runs it off the back fence.
There you go mate. Frank the Tank is used, Frank "The Freight Train". See how he goes, hope he plays well.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My message to any player that makes a debut. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND STAND OUT. Too often we see players make a debut and stick to their conventional hitups. Hitups ain't going to cement you a first grade spot.

Communicate with Hopoate and tell him to support you, Hit the ball up and slip an offload away to Hopoate in to a gap and Try. Try a chip and chase if you want to attempt something more daring. GOOD LUCK DEBUTANT

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My message to any player that makes a debut. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT AND STAND OUT. Too often we see players make a debut and stick to their conventional hitups. Hitups ain't going to cement you a first grade spot.

Communicate with Hopoate and tell him to support you, Hit the ball up and slip an offload away to Hopoate in to a gap and Try. Try a chip and chase if you want to attempt something more daring. GOOD LUCK DEBUTANT
Lol it's a risk as well. Do you think the bloke has the footy iq to know when to use his skills? Eastwood and kasiano infuriate me when they try to pull their tricky shit at precisely the wrong time!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
3 kids at 23, nooooooo thank you.

too69u

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen.We present to you the next Roy Asotasi.This kid will be something special.Thought his time would come next season but des knows better [emoji6]

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Watched him a bit runs a good line and has great leg drive but can go missing at points, hopefully first grade is the boost he needs for his confidence.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol it's a risk as well. Do you think the bloke has the footy iq to know when to use his skills? Eastwood and kasiano infuriate me when they try to pull their tricky shit at precisely the wrong time!
Eastwood kicking on the 3rd when we have field position to take a field goal is not a risk, but pure stupidity. Kasiano has risk in his game as well, but lately he is doing stupid things. If a player is willing to take risk that demonstrates they have the maturity. I say take one risk during your debut- and if it pays off you will reap the rewards. Common Debutant, slip that offload away that leads to a try (Corey Payne style).

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen.We present to you the next Roy Asotasi.This kid will be something special.Thought his time would come next season but des knows better [emoji6]
Wow that's a rap!! I haven't seen him play but big Roy was one of my favourites before he defected. If he is half that good then he will be with us for a long time.

Reaction score
Eastwood kicking on the 3rd when we have field position to take a field goal is not a risk, but pure stupidity. Kasiano has risk in his game as well, but lately he is doing stupid things. If a player is willing to take risk that demonstrates they have the maturity. I say take one risk during your debut- and if it pays off you will reap the rewards. Common Debutant, slip that offload away that leads to a try (Corey Payne style).
relying on a risk to keep yourself in first grade isn't the best way to go about it. the last thing he needs is to get in a position where he has to keep coming up with risky plays because of expectation - eg dogzilla.
he's young and a rookie, so maturity won't be something that will count against him, but reliability will be.
instead of taking a risk he needs to demonstrate things he can do on a continual basis, the things that will keep him in first grade will be the fundamental skills like passing, running and tackling, and how well he can utilize his attributes like strength and speed

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hits like a freight train, built like a brick shithouse, and runs it off the back fence.
Nowhere near the way Des likes 'em. He has to be a lot softer and slower. Refer him to the Eastwood/ Kasiano eating, training and playing methods. :grinning::grinning:

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let's just hope he doesn't have feet for hands on debut

Status
Not open for further replies.