Not open for further replies.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone else get this email?

[h=3]Amanda Wallace <a.wallace@chitchatresearch.com.au>[/h]
3:01 PM (5 hours ago)

to Amanda

Chitchat Research is a research firm who predominately works on behalf of sporting organisations, seeking feedback from their members.

On this occasion, we are working on behalf of the Canterbury Bulldogs.

We are holding group discussions with 6-8 people at Belmore Oval on Wed 11 June at 6pm and 8pmfor 1.5 hours. More specifically, we would like to speak with people who no longer hold a membership with the club in 2014, but were members in 2012 OR 2013. The purpose of this research is to gather feedback on club membership and possible improvements.

If you would like to attend, we are paying $75 cash to participants of the 6pm session, and $100cash to those who attend the 8pm session. The information gathered during this discussion and subjects discussed are not intended as a promotional activity and we will not be selling anything at these discussions. We are simply seeking your direct feedback.

Only a select number of lapsed members have been asked to attend. If you would like to participate, we ask that you
· email your contact details to a.wallace@chitchatresearch.com.au and we will call you back directly, OR
· phone 07 3325 1000 during work hours (8:30-4pm Monday to Friday QLD time)

Thank you for your consideration.

In anticipation of your reply.

Amanda Wallace
Director

Chitchat Research
PO Box 697
Albany Creek QLD 4037
P: 07 3325 1000
F: 07 3325 0100
E: enquiries@chitchatresearch.com.au
W: www.chitchatresearch.com.au

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
interesting, the club are trying to figure out why they didnt get to 20k

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah got it. Deleted.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
if i was a member back then id definitely go for the $100 ffs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Yep I got selected.

Then I laughed at the times.

I finish work at 6pm over the opposite side of Sydney. Even if I left bang on 6, I'd be pushed in peak hour to get over to Belmore for 8pm.

So instead I'm going to do my service and email them telling them rather bluntly and honestly why I haven't renewed for this year.

Some feedback is better than none.

billybob

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So in other words, if you where a member in 2012 / 2013 and no longer have a membership, here is some $ towards a new one lol

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I got selected.

I finish work at 6pm over the opposite side of Sydney. Even if I left bang on 6, I'd be pushed in peak hour to get over to Belmore for 8pm.

So instead I'm going to do my service and email them telling them rather bluntly and honestly why I haven't renewed for this year.

I know how you feel buddy!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep I got selected.

What did they get to in the end?
Just curious.. What are those reasons?

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk

mygdok

Waterboy
Reaction score
I was a season ticket holder in 2010. In 2011 I decided not to be a member, because I was getting better seats by buying my tickets to the games I wanted to attend. In 2012 I had my daughter being born during the middle of footy season, so my fatherly duties to my newborn and my wife were more important. In 2013 I considered becoming a member, but by the time I had the cash ready to buy the season tickets, any good seats were gone. This year, because of changes to my hours at work, I could not attend any Thursday night, Friday night, or Monday night games, and given how many of those we were given, a membership was not worth it. Give me a smaller number of matches season ticket, seats that actually seat me where I can see the game, and give me cheaper membership, then I may decide to join again.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take our games back to Belmore and I guarentee you we will have over 20K members

I go to all the dogs away matches in NSW and Canberra and rarely go to ANZ. I hate ANZ as there is no atmosphere, you need binoculars to watch a game and in general it is a rip off

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Here's what I wrote to them.

Hi Amanda,

Would love to contribute, due to work commitments I'm unable to make that date/time

But I can still help you out with this, as I'd love my feedback taken on board, given I had been a member for the past few years.

1. Inability to make games.
Due to the stupidity of the NRL putting the Dogs on Thurs/Fri/Mon games, and the annoyance of the club moving potential home games to other areas, I have also only managed to attend 6 games in total (over 2 years), which is not good value for money. This was partly due to my working hours at the time, but also generally being a busy person. As a result it was not financially worthwhile taking up membership this year.

2. Changes to The Kennel Location.
In the first year or two of membership The Kennel was next to the players when they warmed up, and on the side they ran out on. In the final year some goose made the decision to stick us on the side "where more cameras were", which meant being the complete opposite end of the stadium to where our players run out and warm up.

3. Opposing fans in the Bulldogs Supporters Areas.
In my final year of membership, far too often opposing supporters (brought in by people with Bulldogs membership or otherwise), were amongst the true Bulldogs supporters area in The Kennel. That was frustrating to say the least.

4. Parents, kids and families took over.
The previous "hardcore supporters area", used to be mainly adults, and whilst the odd rude word did happen to slip out, if was generally a close, loud, and proud group of Dogs supporters going mental over their club. These days if you make too much noise you wake someones baby up, if you drop a rude word someone stares daggers at you, and if you stand up out of your seat to cheer your side on, someone has a whinge.

5. NSW Cup Location change.
I used to supplement the inability to see NRL First Grade games, with watching the Dogs NSW Cup play at Bass Hill. However that's about an hours drive each way for me. Moving to Belmore (despite being awesome), makes the trip even longer for me.

I still watch the team play, I still bleed blue and white, and I still intend to go to games when I have a spare moment.

I hope you take my feedback into consideration, and whilst it might sound like I'm complaining, it's my honest assessment of factors that lead to me not renewing my membership tihs year.

Kind Regards,

<<name>>

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They should have 2 areas for Bulldog fans. One for families & the other for the diehards!

Even though I would be in the families area, I still want to see the diehards going for it!

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it and im not sure whether i want to attend - I mean I might have to stare into Des's eyes and tell him i'm a hopeless bloke.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad idea and offering money for it shows they are serious about this issue that they want proper research for to fix

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think it's a bad idea and offering money for it shows they are serious about this issue that they want proper research for to fix
Someone posted up a thread asking why his membership seat was deleted & not given an equivalent seat. They also asked for a please explain from the club but it fell on deaf ears.

Sorry that I cant remember who the kennel member was but they should ask him / her for their feedback.

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a awesome thread here somewhere with alot of input at why kennellers couldnt or wouldnt renew their memberships - I had a Pedigree Platinium membership for a couple of years but couldn't justify paying over $500 for it as I could only make it to a few games last season due to work and family commitments and buying tickets at the game were more convenient. I would go just to share some insight and donate the money back to their charity.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I just bought 7 game membership for $165 a couple of weeks ago( family pass) which I thought was good value .
I originally chose not to buy the yearly nembership because of the 50% price hike from the previous year ( just on principle)

They obviously wanted my membership so they brought the price back to 2013 rates which was fair enough:grinning:
Sounds like they genuinely want their members to stay so should be a productive meeting.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep I got selected.

Pretty much my reasoning. No way I would make the sessions so just emailed them straight up why I didn't renew this year.

Kind of sad. We're dominating this season but I still have no interest in renewing with the price rise, the shifting of the Kennel in recent years, the shrinking of the General Admission area, the total lack of atmosphere at ANZ, the terrible security staff at ANZ that blocked us from entering the Bulldogs general admission area because my nephew wasn't a member even though his ticket specifically said that he could enter that area.... I could go on for hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.