News Canterbury Bulldogs chairman John Khoury set to step down

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep I predicted many months ago Khoury would not have the support to be re elected for another term as chairman and yet again im proven right. Driussi has my blessing as chairman and I wish him well. Gould will no longer have total control over our club which is a great thing

Hotdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Yep I predicted many months ago Khoury would not have the support to be re elected for another term as chairman and yet again im proven right. Driussi has my blessing as chairman and I wish him well. Gould will no longer have total control over our club which is a great thing
He has your blessing… who do you think you are now, the fuckin Pope?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What the hell did Khoury do to deserve this? Is the new guy linked to the dib crew?

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It didn't take Gould long to align himself with Druissi

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Did someone say something about an order of humble pie or a point being made? I’m just hearing the ongoing hum of crickets, that’s all :-).

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should make for an interesting AGM on Sunday with this hanging in the air. First things first though - will need to look out for unicycles on my way to a seat :-).
I hope this guy isn't in there just to cause problems within the club and doesn't try and destabilise the team and brake our cap like his mate did.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
SportNRLNRL 2024

CEO of billion-dollar tech business steps up at Bulldogs as chairman departs
Michael Chammas
By Michael Chammas
February 16, 2024 — 3.01pm

Canterbury chairman John Khoury has confirmed he is stepping down from the role after four years at the helm.

Sources with knowledge of the situation, talking under the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, confirmed data analytics expert Adam Driussi, the co-founder of billion-dollar business Quantium, will be elected to replace him.

Canterbury sources told this masthead there is no animosity between Khoury and his fellow directors, and he will remain on the board.

Canterbury chairman John Khoury has confirmed he is stepping down from the role after four years at the helm.

Sources with knowledge of the situation, talking under the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, confirmed data analytics expert Adam Driussi, the co-founder of billion-dollar business Quantium, will be elected to replace him.

Canterbury sources told this masthead there is no animosity between Khoury and his fellow directors, and he will remain on the board.

Khoury will formally announce the changes and unveil the new chairman at Sunday’s annual general meeting at Canterbury League Club.

“Throughout my tenure as chairman, our board has always maintained a club-first mantra leading with actions and this is something I have always lived by,” Khoury told this masthead.

“I am very proud of what I achieved in my role as chair across all facets of the club and I have always believed in succession planning. We have a succession plan in place and we are fully committed to seeing that plan through.

“What everyone needs to know is that this is a unanimous decision. I will very much remain a dual director of both the football and league clubs of which I am very proud of. It’s sad to see news emerging ahead of the AGM and my planned update. I remain as supportive as ever of the Bulldogs and I will make my announcement as intended on Sunday.”

Khoury has overseen a tumultuous period in the club’s history, taking over from his predecessor Lynne Anderson after she and her two most trusted directors Paul Dunn and John Ballesty all resigned at an extraordinary general meeting in 2020. Khoury brought Driussi onto the board in 2022.

Driussi is an actuary and co-founded data analytics business Quantium, whose client list has included Woolworths, Commonwealth Bank, Telstra, Walmart and Qantas. In 2021, Woolworths acquired a 25 per cent stake in Quantium for $223 million.